[AL Plugin] AI Spy Satellites 1.0beta 11/11/07

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[AL Plugin] AI Spy Satellites 1.0beta 11/11/07

Post by LV » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 17:49

V 1.0beta
Date 11/11/07
Author LV

[ external image ]
{EMP} Mod pack needed

This plugin will allow the sale of 2 new satellite upgrades from pirate bases. The first is the Mk1 AI Sat at a cost of 38,996 cr and the more powerful Mk2 at 95,344 cr.
[ external image ]

Any of your ships can buy these upgrades and their purpose is to monitor enemy and hostile sectors where your usual Adv Sats are toasted in seconds if placed.

Once purchased just move the ship that contains the upgrades to the position in whatever sector you choose and go into your Navigational Menu and choose Deploy AL Sat
[ external image ]

You will then be hailed and you will have the choice of placing either a Mk1 or Mk2 AI sat at that positon, If you choose the Mk1 this Sat will be placed at that exact location and you also have the option of using the more costly MK2 which has more DC (Decoy Chaff).

If you are placing one of these Sats in Xenon or Khaak Sectors then a Mk2 must be used.

[ external image ]

Decoy Chaff
Although the sats will attempt normally to spoof the enemy ships that have locked on to kill the AI sat and reprogram their attack consoles to engage other enemy ships in their sectors now and again through either lack of other targets or pilot over-ride a Decoy Chaff countermeasure (DC) will be launched.

Mk1 AI Sats carry 10 DC's and the MK2 carry 30 DC's and when a ship is scanned that is about to kill the AI sat the DC will be launched and the enemy ship(s) will then target the DC and ignore the Sat.

Once all DC's are used the sat is vunerable although it will still attempt to spoof the ememy's targeting systems.

[ external image ]

Your AI sats will not only show how many DC's you have left but also the DC will be numbered so you can keep track. Shown at the side of the Sat is RC (Remaining Chaff) once this hits 0 it will be much more vunerable.

Hotkey Spoofing

Included in this plugin is the hotkey option to disable all AI sats so that enemy ships do not engage them and chaff is not needed, the penalty for this is you no longer will be able to check that sector until the hotkey re-enables the Sats.

[ external image ]

When you enabled the Sats you will hear the audio message of "Recording Started" within 10s of this all your AI sats will start monitoring the sector but they will then be targeted and be under your control again.

By simple pressing your hotkey again you will hear "Recording Stopped" and the sats will go into cloak mode again and out of your control!

[ external image ]

Although the AI sats are highly effective they will not only need a diversion when being placed but also are more vunerable in core sectors like the Xenon Home sector between TA and BHS and M1+2 ships will find it easier to to elimate them especially if their turrets are in range both in sector and OOS.

use Cycrows Plugin Manager to install the spk file contained in the zip download.

Go into your AL pugin menu

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Just go into you AL option menu and turn the plugin to off and you will see the following, all pirate bases will remove the ware and the hotkey will also be removed (ships equipped with AI upgrades removed in next build ;) )
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

<t id="230">Deploy AI Satellite</t>
Hotkey : Enable AIsats
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

repatomonor21

Post by repatomonor21 » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 21:43

What could I say? LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice work again LV!!! :D 8)
"YOU NEVER SAY IT'S QUIET IN SPACE!"

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 22:22

HE DID IT, I CAN'T BELIEVE MY EYES - HE DID IT !!! :lol:

:lol:
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Sun, 11. Nov 07, 22:27

Is there a way to refill the chaff defence? I say hoping I haven't missed something.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Mon, 12. Nov 07, 00:05

Nice work, LV. :)
Terre Crimson wrote:Is there a way to refill the chaff defence? I say hoping I haven't missed something.
Aye, that would be a logical extension.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 12. Nov 07, 10:18

eladan wrote: Aye, that would be a logical extension.
My logic for this was to buy a bloody new AI sat ;)

Please put this through it's paces y'all
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

captain1
x3

Post by captain1 » Mon, 12. Nov 07, 16:14

hi
when i install this script
the script manager said
it is for x2 the threat
and said would i like to install anyways

is this script for x3 also

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 12. Nov 07, 16:36

yes i just forgot to change it

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 05:28

Please make this for X2 aswell PLEASE !!!

I play X2 more than I do X3. - for obvious and different reasons.

Also, is this SAT able to come back to me ?
As far as when it runs out of Chaff's, it should close up
AND RUUUUUNNN ! :D

I am still trying to figure the SAT out still, lol

Was it intentionally intended to stay there and when it runs out of Chaff's it just wind up dead or does it cloak until you refill it ?

I know I know, Just bare with me on this.... ;)

thanks
:D
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 14. Nov 07, 19:24

Robert Foster wrote:Please make this for X2 aswell PLEASE !!!

I play X2 more than I do X3. - for obvious and different reasons.
won;t work no hotkeys in X2
Also, is this SAT able to come back to me ?
It's a sat not a dog

Was it intentionally intended to stay there and when it runs out of Chaff's it just wind up dead or does it cloak until you refill it ?
if you read my OP you will see how to cloak and that once it's out of chaff it will only try to spoof in other words (RTFM :) )
LV's TC Scripts

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”