[SCRIPT] LazCorp Kyon Replicator V1.07 - *Updated 03/01/2008*

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lazerath
x4

[SCRIPT] LazCorp Kyon Replicator V1.07 - *Updated 03/01/2008*

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 01:04

===========================================
Name: LazCorp Military Kyon Replicator
Version: V1.07
Author: Lazerath
Released: 15/11/2007
Updated: 03/01/2008

:arrow: Download Laz-Corp Kyon Replicator (Requires Cycrows Plugin Manager found Here!)

With the release of so many Star Trek ships in the modding community for X3 Reunion I thought there was a need for a script that would allow ships to replicate all three types of Kyon Emitters using resources available in the X-universe! Thanks to all the feedback that I have received I am now releasing the latest version of the script with quite a few improvements! This script was designed for people who use Star Trek Ships however, it is useful to anyone who uses ships capable of mounting Kyon Emitters.

Script Adds:

* 3 New Menu Commands under Additional Ship Menu Commands:

- LazCorp Alpha Kyon Replicator
- LazCorp Beta Kyon Replicator
- LazCorp Gamma Kyon Replicator

What this script does:

This script will add 3 commands to your M1, M2, TL and M6 class ships giving you the ability to replicate any Gamma, Beta and Alpha Kyon Emitters. The replication process uses varying amounts of resources and takes time to replicate each weapon. When you start the replication process the resources will be removed from your cargo hold. Once the replication process has finished it will place 1 Alpha, Beta or Gamma Kyon Emitter in your cargo hold (which ever one you chose to replicate). Below is a list of resources and time needed to replicate each type of Kyon Emitter.

Alpha Kyon Emitter
Replication Time: 00:02:24 (HH:MM:SS)
Ore: 36
Meatsteak Cahoonas: 24
Energy Cells: 36

Beta Kyon Emitter
Replication Time: 00:24:00 (HH:MM:SS)
Ore: 60
Meatsteak Cahoonas: 240
Energy Cells: 360

Gamma Kyon Emitter
Replication Time: 01:00:00 (HH:MM:SS)
Ore: 150
Meatsteak Cahoonas: 600
Energy Cells: 900

If you do not have enough resources in your ships cargo hold the command will not be available.

Example: You have 400 Energy Cells, 650 Meatsteak Cahoonas, 61 Ore the Alpha Kyon and Beta Kyon Replicator commands would be available but NOT the Gamma as you do not have the required resources in your cargo hold to produce one.

Again, the commands are found under Additional Ship Commands -> LazCorp Alpha Kyon Replicator, LazCorp Beta Kyon Replicator, LazCorp Gamma Kyon Replicator.

:arrow: Ver 1.07 (New Release)

- Added Information to command. When you highlight the command (in game), press " i " to display information on how the command is used (in game).

Ver 1.06

- Moved Commands to Additional Ship Command menu, No longer under the General menu.
- Removed Free Tractor beam from Script
- Changed the way it replicates weapons
- Changed Command, now uses 3 seperate commands (One for each Type of Kyon Emitter
- Added resource calculations to replicate each type of Kyon Emitter
- Fixed time issue when replicating Kyon Emitter and jumping to new sector
- Commands only available on M1, M2, TL and M6 class ships

Ver 1.04

- Fixed compatibility issue with Kris's Updated Star Trek Ships

:arrow: Ver 1.03

- Initial Release
*Removed from V1.06 onward - Scans vessel you choose to run it on. Detects the max strength of Kyon Emitter that ship can use (Gamma, Beta, Alpha) and installs the Max Amount needed to fill your laser bays.
*Removed from V1.06 onward - Installs 1 Tractor Beam Weapon.

Feedback is always welcome!! :wink:
Last edited by Lazerath on Tue, 5. Jan 10, 05:00, edited 12 times in total.
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

MARTPSX
x3tc

Awesome Dude

Post by MARTPSX » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 01:44

u r a God

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 07:00

Ty but if it wasn't for the awesome people in this modding community I would have given up a long time ago :D

Okay I am working on the next update for this script so that it feels less like a cheat. Here are some ideas!

1) I've worked out a conversion for the cost of Replicating the Kyon Emitters.

Gamma Kyon Emitters - 7304 energy cells (each).
Beta Kyon Emitters - 2921 energy cells (each).
Alpha Kyon Emitters - 292 energy cells (each).

The cost of the energy cells (based on the 16 credit average) would equal the cost of buying the each type of Kyon Emitter. I based this on what I could sell each one for at the Argon Equipment Dock in Cloudbase Southeast.

Since the large Kyon Emitters would require such a large amount of energy cells I figure it would be a good idea to limit the replication of any Kyon Emitters to the TL class ships.

Again I am open to suggestions!
COMPUTER SPECS
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

MightyTiger
x3ap

Post by MightyTiger » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 09:58

lazerath wrote:Ty but if it wasn't for the awesome people in this modding community I would have given up a long time ago :D

Okay I am working on the next update for this script so that it feels less like a cheat. Here are some ideas!

1) I've worked out a conversion for the cost of Replicating the Kyon Emitters.

Gamma Kyon Emitters - 7304 energy cells (each).
Beta Kyon Emitters - 2921 energy cells (each).
Alpha Kyon Emitters - 292 energy cells (each).

The cost of the energy cells (based on the 16 credit average) would equal the cost of buying the each type of Kyon Emitter. I based this on what I could sell each one for at the Argon Equipment Dock in Cloudbase Southeast.

Since the large Kyon Emitters would require such a large amount of energy cells I figure it would be a good idea to limit the replication of any Kyon Emitters to the TL class ships.

Again I am open to suggestions!
I would put the cost of ECs higher than that, after all you are providing a service which makes them easier to come across.
Such as:
Gamma - 10000 EC
Beta - 5000 EC
Alpha - 1000 EC

Essentially you are paying more for them but don't have the hassle of having to go destroy multiple Kha'ak vessels in the hope they drop some.
I don't apologise for anything! I'm sorry, but thats the way I am.

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 14:58

Dose this script only work with Plugin Manager 2.12 ? I had too many problems with the new version so I went back to v1.84. I tried your script this morning but it said "Unable to open script package"????

Well, this is a good idea but I think it need's some work.

The first thing I see is the cost of one Gamma Kyon is set to 7304 energy cells and MightyTiger thinks it should be more. BUT most of MM's and my ships only have 8000 cargo unit of space or less. So a ship with 5000 unit of cargo space could not replicate a Gamma Kyon. Granted you could make a ship that is capable of the job do all the replicating and transport to the smaller ships or an Equipment dock. But that would get very tedious doing it 10-20 times + to fit one ship.

The next thing is having a carrier do the replicating. But what happens when the carrier dose not fit Gamma Kyons. The script will only replicate the max Kyons of that ship, Right?

I'm no Scripter so I'm not sure what is possible but maybe you could add this command to an Equipment dock. Another option would be changing the ware needed for replication to Ore or something that is expensive but will not fill the cargo bay so full.

B.T.W. I get Kyons in my game by buy a Weapon component Factory and with LV's Cheat's I change the product to A, B, or G Kyons and produce them with Energy cells, Meatsteak Cohunas, and Ore. The G Kyons will take about 1/2 hour game time to produce one. :wink:

Kris
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 17:17

MightyTiger wrote:
I would put the cost of ECs higher than that, after all you are providing a service which makes them easier to come across.
Such as:
Gamma - 10000 EC
Beta - 5000 EC
Alpha - 1000 EC

Essentially you are paying more for them but don't have the hassle of having to go destroy multiple Kha'ak vessels in the hope they drop some.
The only issue I have with increasing the cost (in energy cells) is the fact that it would be really limiting the amount that can be produced and add a lot more micro-management. However it is something I will look at.
kris4564 wrote:Dose this script only work with Plugin Manager 2.12 ? I had too many problems with the new version so I went back to v1.84. I tried your script this morning but it said "Unable to open script package"????
Yes, it only works with the Plugin Manager 2.12 however I will put a copy of it that works with v1.84 for those who have troubles with 2.12 ;-)
kris4564 wrote:The first thing I see is the cost of one Gamma Kyon is set to 7304 energy cells and MightyTiger thinks it should be more. BUT most of MM's and my ships only have 8000 cargo unit of space or less. So a ship with 5000 unit of cargo space could not replicate a Gamma Kyon. Granted you could make a ship that is capable of the job do all the replicating and transport to the smaller ships or an Equipment dock. But that would get very tedious doing it 10-20 times + to fit one ship.
Ya the increase in cost per kyon emitter by increasing the amount of ecells alone won't work I don't think because of the cargo hold size. Possibly a combination of ecells and credits? or something else.

kris4564 wrote:The next thing is having a carrier do the replicating. But what happens when the carrier dose not fit Gamma Kyons. The script will only replicate the max Kyons of that ship, Right?
I can change the script so that it will create what ever type of weapon you want, regardless of whether or not your ship can mount them ;-). It also doesn't have to be limited to the max amount of kyons that can be installed in the ship.
kris4564 wrote:I'm no Scripter so I'm not sure what is possible but maybe you could add this command to an Equipment dock. Another option would be changing the ware needed for replication to Ore or something that is expensive but will not fill the cargo bay so full.

B.T.W. I get Kyons in my game by buy a Weapon component Factory and with LV's Cheat's I change the product to A, B, or G Kyons and produce them with Energy cells, Meatsteak Cohunas, and Ore. The G Kyons will take about 1/2 hour game time to produce one. :wink:

Kris
I've never tried to create a script for a station so I'm only guessing here when I say, "I think its possible".

I've never used LV's cheat to change the products of a station to produce kyon emitters or anything else. I should give it a shot ;-).

The main reason behind this script is that I thought Star Trek ships have replicators and they use them to fabricate stuff in the trek universe. Why shouldn't they be able to create the kyon weapons. Hence me comming up with the idea for this script in the first place. My big issue is that it feels like a cheat so if it uses some sort of resource to create the weapons then it feels less like a cheat. I don't know, maybe I am over thinking the whole thing.

I'll go put together a compatible version of the spk with the version your using Kris.
COMPUTER SPECS

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 17:28

Here is a version of the script that should work with your version of the plugin manager Kris.

*Edit Link Removed - Added Versions that work with older Plugin Manager Version to Original Post

Let me know if you have any issues.
Last edited by Lazerath on Fri, 16. Nov 07, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
COMPUTER SPECS

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 17:36

I definitely think it should require resources to replicate things as it dose in Star trek. It would be really cool if you could make the replicator able to replicate any weapon or shield with a very inflated cost from just buying said product. But then you would have to rename the script cuz it's not just for Kyons anymore. :wink:

What do you think?
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 18:29

Yup, I could do that!

It would definitely be a lot more advanced then the current version I am working on (not released yet) which is based off using ecells.

Before I start converting the script for that I would definitely need a lot of feed back from people on what resources should be used, what type of ratio to set it for.

Example:

1 Gamma Kyon Emitter = 10000 ecells + 100 ore + 10 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Beta Kyon Emitter = 5000 ecells + 50 ore + 5 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Alpha Kyon Emitter = 2000 ecells + 25 ore + 2 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Gamma PPCs = 10000 ecells + 100 or + 10 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Beta PPCs Emitter = 2000 ecells + 25 ore + 2 Quantam Tubes etc.

So if people would like to help figure this out I would have no issues with changing this script to replicate any weapon or what ever other changes people would like to see happen!
COMPUTER SPECS

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 19:37

Ok, I tried your script on my lunch bake, only it did not work so well. I ran it on the Akira after ejecting all weapons and wares, but all it added was a tractor beam. I even tried to add energy cells but no Kyons was replicated.

Any hoo, I think you’re on to something with a replcator script. Only in my opinion you should try to steer away from large amounts of wares required. Because it would limit replication to TL's and I think any ship should be able to replicate something for there self. What about using a percentage of shield power along with a small amount of E-cells or credits to replicate something? That way the player could not replicate again until the shields recharge.

I'm just throwing out ideas.
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 19:42

Hey Kris,

EDIT*

I just tested the package and it worked for me Kris. Not sure why its not working for you.

I removed the akira, reinstalled it, applied the patch that monkey made. Booted up x3 and ran the command on the akira and it worked.

Quick question, did you have room in your cargo hold for the kyon emitters?

If your cargo hold is full it won't create them!
COMPUTER SPECS

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 20:10

lazerath wrote:Yup, I could do that!

It would definitely be a lot more advanced then the current version I am working on (not released yet) which is based off using ecells.

Before I start converting the script for that I would definitely need a lot of feed back from people on what resources should be used, what type of ratio to set it for.

Example:

1 Gamma Kyon Emitter = 10000 ecells + 100 ore + 10 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Beta Kyon Emitter = 5000 ecells + 50 ore + 5 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Alpha Kyon Emitter = 2000 ecells + 25 ore + 2 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Gamma PPCs = 10000 ecells + 100 or + 10 Quantam Tubes etc.
1 Beta PPCs Emitter = 2000 ecells + 25 ore + 2 Quantam Tubes etc.

So if people would like to help figure this out I would have no issues with changing this script to replicate any weapon or what ever other changes people would like to see happen!
I would make it like this:
  • 1 GKE = 10,000 EC + 8 Ore + 4 Meatsteak Cahoonas + 1 Quantam Tube + 1 Navidium
    1 BKE = 5,000 EC + 8 Ore + 5 Meatsteak Cahoonas + 1 Quantam Tube + 1 Navidium
    1 AKE = 2,000 EC + 8 Ore + 6 Meatsteak Cahoonas + 1 Quantam Tube + 1 Navidium
I'm basing the required materials from actual factory needs then adding a few things extra. Navidium is always required it seems with Ka'hak things so it should be included plus adds for a more interesting and difficult building of the product. (make some challenge and not a cheat)

In addition, i would make it a requirement to have the machine shop installed on the ship (or player HQ) where this is being produced. Maybe even make it a requirement to do this in a station with the machine shop. :P
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 20:14

lazerath wrote:Hey Kris,

EDIT*

I just tested the package and it worked for me Kris. Not sure why its not working for you.

I removed the akira, reinstalled it, applied the patch that monkey made. Booted up x3 and ran the command on the akira and it worked.

Quick question, did you have room in your cargo hold for the kyon emitters?

If your cargo hold is full it won't create them!
Yep, my cargo hold was near empty.

B.T.W. you should not need the "Compatibility installer" any more. I have repacked all my ships to use the same docks that MM's ships have. :wink:
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 20:19

Sweet!

I'll go download the updated versions then ;-)

I'm not sure why it wouldn't install the emitters for you. I'll try your new version of ships to see if there is a conflict somehow!

PS: I could upload a zip package of the script if you'd like (might be easier for you).
COMPUTER SPECS

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 20:28

FalconGrey wrote:I would make it like this:
  • 1 GKE = 10,000 EC + 8 Ore + 4 Meatsteak Cahoonas + 1 Quantam Tube + 1 Navidium
    1 BKE = 5,000 EC + 8 Ore + 5 Meatsteak Cahoonas + 1 Quantam Tube + 1 Navidium
    1 AKE = 2,000 EC + 8 Ore + 6 Meatsteak Cahoonas + 1 Quantam Tube + 1 Navidium
I'm basing the required materials from actual factory needs then adding a few things extra. Navidium is always required it seems with Ka'hak things so it should be included plus adds for a more interesting and difficult building of the product. (make some challenge and not a cheat)
I thought about Nividium as the primary resorce for Kyons, but Navidium is very, very hard to come by. The player would need an aditional script to get Nividium on a regular bases. Like Nividium mines, or Create rock. Also, resorces of that magnitude would limit replication to a TL.
FalconGrey wrote:In addition, i would make it a requirement to have the machine shop installed on the ship (or player HQ) where this is being produced. Maybe even make it a requirement to do this in a station with the machine shop. :P

Never tried the machine shop but that sounds neat. It's another script though right?
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 20:40

I've found the issue which stopped the script from working on your Akira Class ship Kris (and possibly your other ships if they had the same issue).

I'll release an update shortly that corrects the issue.

Btw, those are good ideas guys! Would we really want the building taken away from the ships though? I'm trying to keep this semi-close to the star trek universe (if were sticking with kyons only for the script).

If your out in a distant sector and get into a fight. It would be nice to build more weapons if they get destroyed correct? etc.

Food for thought anyhow!

PS: I think the machine shop is limited to the XTM mod, correct?
COMPUTER SPECS

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 20:48

Yes, I think any ship should be able to replicate damaged or needed armaments. I still like the idea of using shield power and credits.
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 20:53

I think the weapons should be able to be made in a distant sector, but also would take a lot of time to produce on ship. Even in Star Trek, some equipment to be replicated took days to replicate and sometimes made them hunt for rare materials.

Just like a factory, there should be a way to build things part way if you only have some of the resources... thus allowing you to build a GKE on a ship with say 5000 hold space even thought it would take over 10,000 hold spaces to produce.

I do think SOME limitations and requirements need to be made for this script. Liket he machine shop installed for one. Cap ships and very large transport ships should be the only ships able to replicate weapons as they would be the only ships with industrial replicators (yes, there is a difference in star trek... i've read up hard core on it as I use to like to write star trek stories and play "star trek ship creator") as opposed to standard replicators on like the delta flyer as example.

Industrial replicators are much more exact but take more energy and resources to use plus are much much larger then the standard replicators. The more intricate and percise, the more time needed to produce.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

kris4564
x2

Post by kris4564 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 21:00

Ok, I like :wink:
My Ships
Live long and Prosper
[ external image ]

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 21:14

This is definitely the type of feedback I was looking for :D

Thank you guys!

Any confirmation on the machine shop being part of the XTM mod only?

I'll start working on the changes for the script shortly. Before I get going on the changes though I'd like a clearer idea of exactly what resources are needed and how you folks think the script should work exactly.

Example:

- Loose the Create Max amount of Kyons based on the max laser bays in the ship and change it to create a max amount of weapons based on amount of resources in the cargo hold?

- Time required to create each type of weapon?

- Class of vessel this command is limited to?

Anything else you guys can think of?

PS: I've released the update that fixes the issue with your Updated Ships Kris. The version that is released still does not use any resources (just a reminder).
COMPUTER SPECS

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”