Question about Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Question about Avarice

Post by Jasper Carrot » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 04:25

I have heard that "Avarice" is the sector between
Spoiler
Show
Montalaar and New Income directly above Great Trench
ok that being the case I know where it is. ALL the times I have been there the sector name is "Nomads Revivication"

Ok sector name aside I have also heard that a few "game days" into X3 the game keeps track of any bids on the sector.

I have also heard that this sector auction is only available in the story line and also in standard Egosoft custom starts.

My questions are:
1) Once and for all, Is the auction available in custom Egosoft starts as well as the story line?
2) How do you pick up on the Auction? Is it a BBS entry or is a message sent to you?

Please help. Not being able to aquire this sector for my own use is getting me to the point I want to start a war and leave only Kha'ak and Xenon to scrap over whats left :D

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 04:29

It's available in both plot and non-plot games in the original game. I don't know about any mods. It probably depends on the mod.

If the sector already has a proper name, rather than Unknown Sector then it sounds like the auction has already been and gone in your game!

nthe action itself is conducted through the BBS.

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Post by Jasper Carrot » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 04:45

Even though there is an alternate name to the sector it still says owner none or unknown

I restated all over again not to long ago, first thing I did was head straight to Avarice/Nomand Revivication.

Hmmm, Maybe I will install sector takeove and get it that way :D

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Fri, 16. Nov 07, 05:25

Why buy for 615mil cr+, what you can claim for only ~30mil cr? I support your thinking!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”