Need help planing make faster credit to buy Avarice in future

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

humility925
x4

Need help planing make faster credit to buy Avarice in future

Post by humility925 » Sat, 24. Nov 07, 07:32

I has never done biding Avarice, So I need help, I knew 5 to 10 day they start, but I wonder if 20 UT able will give me 700,000,000 cr in few day ingame or better to be safe 1,200,000,000cr, personal I dont think they will make it, I am playing X-terme Plot game, so I done only one mission, but Hold the rest because I like to earn hard for Argon Rank, and I would like to done Plot first then Bal Reseach because storyline wise (I'm role-playing) I'm great trader, but it's can be so tringsome, and I dont want in M4, M3 or M5 for looking fight due I die easy in one hit by enemies misslies, I dont reload if I'm death, but start new game every time I die. (If bug or something then I might reload, but dont like it, only reload when I'm needed in real world.) Problem is (I role-playing by follow the Law. but wont be a police, since try to enfore pirate can be evil since they too make living, but wrong way, so I can't build Spacefuel or Spacewee, Unless I rename "Medical Reseach" still feeling wrong, but build any station will tigger Bal Reseach Mission before Plot, so not good, I have to hold it till Plot done (storywise) but wont do it because I dont want to earn free Argon Rank -Overwatch where you can buy a Destoryer, ect.. so I rather to work way up myseft, thank you, reason I'm playing plot rather then nor-plot because Terran in game later. So Can anyone help me what plan, because I dont think UT alone wont help me, they getting attacked every while now and then. I'm thinking buy Argon M6 (I miss X-2 M6) or TL, but they costly and build station will tigger Bal Reseach mission before Plot. (I am only buying Argon only, no other race ship, role-playing reason)

I have
20 UT, almost all 25 level,
2 ST,
2 Backup if any of those is lose,
it's Argon TS hauler from Light of Heart I think, 80 m/s, 8000 Cargo, so 24 of those, one Super TS Argon from OL, (not Light of Heart, little one), Personal fly Super TS for almost 3 full day, Half day is buster in start game and small TS in Argon Pirme, but sold both of them.

One Julian's Buster in Goner Temple, One Buster Van, Discovery Hauler for drop more then 100 Nav Stat, and Discovery Raider to seek out the map, Argon TP (Useless, I cant because no room, I give up but wont sell it, though),

about 71,000,000cr, 3 and half day ingame,

Trading Rank - Master Industrialist, Fighting - Harmless,

Argon Rank- Federation Guardian, Boron Queen's Guard, ParanidFriend of Priest King -90% almost next to rank, Split-Distinguished Associate, Teladi- Majority ShareHolder

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 24. Nov 07, 08:51

20 UTs ought to be able to earn a couple of million credits per game hour between them, so my guess is you'd need maybe 14 days to earn the money with that many...which is fast enough; as far as I know the Avarice auction will usually last until day 15 or 20.

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Sat, 24. Nov 07, 09:19

i had the auction still on on day 24 (i was not that poor but kept investing). in german forum there is the hint that avarice will (2.0.2) only be sold to someone else, if you have enough credits to bid but do not for some time
Redest du noch - oder denkst du schon ?

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sat, 24. Nov 07, 10:12

I have been thinking about, I has drop the plan to buy TL, it's cost more then 30,000,000 hit, and TL dont make money without building station, so it's have to wait, and do I will spend lot time in Argon TL, I dont know and can't build station yet unit I'm done with plot. So it's will be end at least 15 day, no matter if you are bid or not?? If I bid, they took money and keep it if I'm win but if I'm lose (I hope not) do they give you back the credit? I guess it's safe for me to said build more till 30 UT, so maybe 30 UT will do the job, though they will steal my trading route, if that's in case I guess I will go ahead and buy argon m6 (I love that looks!) if 30 UT stealing my trading route and my super TS is useless., I did try TP to make myseft useful but mostly it's make me sleeping, since trading Station dont have it and most they said my TP dont have a room of full people I give up rear mission defence gun, and whole enery cell for jump drive, and still they said no room, I leave, I'm not go give up all my 3*25mj since I'm playing "Iron" game, flying TP trading station to station make me sleeping, so I skip that, Strange and weird if you do personal trading, it's go lot faster building up credit, but if you dont do the trading, UT dose lot of slower, it's seem UT think "Hmmm, if my boss dont do trading, why should I keep trading for him!" LOL I think I go ahead and build more UT, though it's will be lot of work to watch them!

speaking of fighter rank "Harmless" can you get away by staying harmless if you go to Plot Mission 2, where you have to be rear gun crew, working for Goner for carry white stone or something. I woner if I have to buy many fighter and set in center of sentor where ship went like "The Hole" ect, and set the wingman, and use hot key to attack them, would it's work?

Edit: Speaking of Argon Express Hauler I has been found out (Shame on me, I play game so long and not know about it or forget about it) Well, I'm been look at, but I knew I can't buy from shipyard, Me think, did anyone know where and how to find those, I did search those, but it's there and there, but none said anything to find them. I hope this help to keep me busy and hope they stop said "No room, sorry".

zooze
xr

Post by zooze » Sat, 24. Nov 07, 16:22

To be honest, I had enough money (900,000,000), and still didn't bother bidding for averice. For some reason I just couldn't justify the cost. I would get very little out of it and no return. For me there was no point in owning a sector and I was more than happy to not bid and give up on it.

Zoozer

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 07:43

Oh, I do it for role-playing, problem is there is none ablitly for you to set-law, tax or no tax, pirates pass in return share with loot or pirates is not allow, ect.. somethin to do with sectors, I dont think you have to have make profit, it's can be meaning or good or bad cause, of course it's not in the game, Well I have 30 but was 30, now 29, I lost 5 fully upgrade UT to Xenon and Pirates, mostly because I am not a aware of it, I just wish there is "Yellow flash on your screen, meaning your other ship is under attacked, Red flash on your screen meaning your personal ship you flying shirld is low or none at all. It's push me back far, it's almost 4 day, still I have 53,000,000, I do have M6 argon, now.

willemse

Post by willemse » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 11:33

I'm going to give you some counterarguments on buying the TL :)

only if you are getting serious on factories ofc hehe:

- You are in control, you never know what might happen with a npc TL hauling your stations

- When you are constructing a lot of factories the revenue you create during the time you have constructed your factories because your TL can jump will heavily outdo the costs of the TL. Simply because your factories will work a lot earlier.

Imagine a medium sized space fuel complex, it makes 1 million/hour. You can haul in the stations with your own TL in like 30 minutes gametime.
If you try to do this with hired TL's it will take HOURS (sorry caps, but well :)). Now consider the money you have lost during this time.

When you are working to get avarice by constructing factories, keep track of the "ROI" time, return on investment time. Just set your aim on when you want the money ready, construct factories when:

current time + ROI < max time.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 11:49

I don't know what sort of space fuel complexes you're building, but they don't make millions in an hour...according to my estimates you'd need around 12 Wheat Farm L/Space Fuel Distillery L combos to make that sort of money, which is hardly a "medium sized" complex! Even if you make an entirely self-sufficient complex (SPP XL, 5x Wheat Farm and Space Fuel, supporting factories) you end up with 1.3 million profit per hour, but you still have 21 stations in the complex...and a complex that size would cost around 75 million credits, so it'll take nearly 3 days to pay for its own setup costs. Of course, everything after that is clear profit.

Stephen Croft
x3

Post by Stephen Croft » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 13:37

As well as your UTs, try to turn your stations into complete ( or as near as poss) complexes and run the freighters as CAgents. The CAGs take money but a mere pittance to what they make.
Last edited by Stephen Croft on Mon, 26. Nov 07, 01:36, edited 1 time in total.
Regards Steve

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

Razman23

Post by Razman23 » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 16:30

I dont see the sense in spending $615mil credits for a sector when there are several empty ones out there you can have for free.

I put my PHQ in the 'Unknown Sector' next to PR. I put all my supporting factories in PR as well. Now my problem is that I get those stupid Split tourist buses that show up at my PHQ and spend hours in my precious ship docking slots while their vistors walk around, taking pictures, and pooping everywhere.
Raz

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 16:53

Because it's there? :)

I bought Avarice by accident - I got into the habit of placing a bid without enough money to reset the BBS messages, but then one time I actually did have 615 in cash....

If you restrict yourself to no stations for RP reasons then you may have a hard time of it. Getting your combat rank up and doing a few XI missions will help. Also, some weapon-trading MORTs can boost profits once the economy has got on its feet.

willemse

Post by willemse » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 18:46

@ pjknibbs

Yeah the medium was maybe a bit exaggerated, but indeed as you said, the ROI is important when going for avarice. Since the poster said he had around 70 million, it might be a way to go, ofc that's all up to him :)

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 25. Nov 07, 22:07

I dont know, Station seem very costly and make little credit in very short time, For long-term, Station is better than UT since you dont have to keep eye on them, and you wont lose easy unless Kaka m1 and m2 appor in sector where your station is, and you don't have very fast destoryer with BPPC or GPPC.

Well, a Want hear a good new or bad new, Good new is I got Pirate Nova Raider, bad new, for some reason when Pirate bail out of Nova Raider and other Pirates bail out M4 Buzzid, I plan to pick two pirates up, it's very danger for them in space, they might die, so I show mecry to them by try to give them in one pirate are Argon female so I try to give them in Equim and Trading Station, it's wont buy slave so I plan drop in Pirates Station, at least it's better than all there alone in space with limited time before air ran out, I try to do good, I dont do this profit, anyway, when I try to pick up second pirates who bail out of M4, there 5 Buster incomeing to me, so I pull Pirates Nova and buzziad back to me and fight them, I though that's world be easy, then subitited, said my jump drive destoryed, best buy destoryed, best sell destoryed, ect, I like what?!! I look my Hull go ing down, No way, I check there is none of them carry Hept, and none of M3, just 5 m4, that's can't be right, how my shirld gone in so fast, so Jump drive is not working (I'm playing no reload if you die) I'm shock, and dont know what to do, cost me time because shocking, so I fight back all I could and try kill them fast, my hull about maybe 30% and only one less pirates m4, I keep thinking how they eat my shirld so fast, then I like opp, I pust "O", computer saying Cargo is close, Shirld is up or something. Lucky, I'm still alive and all pirates is done, still have a PNR and Buizzard, so fly to Light of Heart of Shipyard and paid nearly 6,700,000 to repair, I find and my guess my m6 didn't make it to up pirates who bail out of buzziad and I though m6 close cargo and shirld is up after pick them up. I'm shame to find the first pirates who bail out of PNR has dead in my ship, I'm so feel shameful.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”