X1: The Pirates Total conversion mod, X1TP 0.1 OUT NOW!!!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

What do you think to this new idea/mod

Yay, that's better
69%
ok?
21%
no don't like it
10%

Total votes: 29

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

X1: The Pirates Total conversion mod, X1TP 0.1 OUT NOW!!!

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Tue, 4. Dec 07, 18:55

[ external image ]

X1 "The pirates", is a mod which will hopefully fill the gap between XBTF (X-tension) and x2 the threat. The mod did start off with the name XBTF Ressurection which its main idea was to re-create the old game, but since announcing the mod i have had alot of interest, and some good questions asked. This caused me to re-think what i am doing for the mod, so i've decided to base the mod in between xbtf and x2 to give me a some flexibility and it gives me the chance to explore the unexplored time between x beyond the frontier and x2 the threat.

This mod will hopefully have a good story line, joining some links between the two games. Hopefully if the custom GUI ever gets created and it works, we will be able to use it and it will give the story line much more life. Of course we are still looking for people to join the team, such as modellers, story writers, scripters ect.[/b]

Old Picture:
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11 ... ockpit.jpg

New Pictures 13.10.08:
[ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ] [ external image ]

The following images are the above images but in there actual resolution (1600 x 1200), not recommended for non-broadband users but they are a good desktop background:
x3screen00098.jpg
x3screen00104.jpg
x3screen00107.jpg
x3screen00121.jpg
x3screen00122.jpg

Downloads:

X1TP 0.1 Main MOD: http://www.download.x1mod.info/X1TP.spk

Plugins:

Hard Difficulty
http://www.download.x1mod.info/X1TPHD.spk

Medium difficulty:
http://www.download.x1mod.info/X1TPMD.spk

Improved Graphics:
http://www.download.x1mod.info/X1GraphicsPLG.spk

Hope you enjoy the demo on behalf of the Pirates team, also Aeruketh, fogot to add his name to the readme. :lol:

Its recommended you have a clean install of x3, patched upto 2.5, we can not be held responsible for any damage to your savegames.

Egosoft starts will not work with this demo installed, You must use the custom start and select Battle.

Please leave feedback on your thoughts and Good luck, you'll need it.

Other INFO:
Readme for The X1 Team's X1: the pirates

============================================================================================

Please Note:
- Please don't use any part of the x1 mod in any other mod. The models and scripts are strictly for the x1 mod.
- We cannot be held responsible for damages of your game.
- This version of the mod does stop you playing the egosoft starts
- Have FUN!!!!

============================================================================================

System Requirements

Minimum
Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP, Vista
Pentium® IV (or AMD® equivalent) 1.7 GHz
512MB RAM
128MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 1.3 support
Soundcard
2GB free disk space
DVD-ROM drive
Mouse + Keyboard or Joystick (Optional support for force-feedback) or Gamepad

Recommended
Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE, ME, 2000, XP
Pentium® IV (or AMD® equivalent) 2.4 GHz
1GB RAM
256MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 2.0 support
Soundcard (Surround sound support recommended)
2GB free disk space
DVD-ROM drive
Mouse + Keyboard or Joystick (Optional support for force-feedback) or Gamepad

Runs flawlessly on
Microsoft® Windows® Vista
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
2GB RAM
128MB 3D DirectX 9 compatible card (not onboard) with Pixel Shader 3.0
Soundcard (Surround sound support)
3GB free disk space
DVD-ROM drive
Mouse + Keyboard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation of X1TP v0.1

1.Download the mod from our website: http://www.x1mod.info
2.Download X Plugin Manager from: http://xpluginmanager.co.uk/downloads.html
3.Install the plugin manager
4.Once installed and set up install the x1 mod (Onto a CLEAN x3 the reunion installation, this mod is not compatible with other mods. One idea maybe to install a separate x3 the reunion for this mod.
5.If you need any help please start a thread here: http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=69 and we may be able to help you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips to improve performance

Turn off any additional software especially any virus scanners, and Internet Explorer and and downloading files. If still slow make sure there is no spy or adaware running. Turn off all anti-aliasing at the driver level. If you do want AA turned on then do this within the game settings but this is only recommended on DX9 or above cards!

To achieve optimum performance an amount of 1GB of main memory or more is suggested! Even more may assist with very high resolutions.

The default graphical settings are:
Texture resolution: HIGH
Shader Quality: HIGH
1024 x 768 32bit full screen
Anti-aliasing: ON
Anisotropic filtering: ON

Selecting “Graphic Resolution” on the X³ load screen allows you to alter these settings from the defaults.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Health Warnings

You may experience these health issues:

- dizziness
- altered vision
- eye or muscle twitching
- mental confusion
- loss of awareness of your surroundings
- inability to leave the game
- Loss of time guaranteed

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About X1TP v0.1

Trade. Fight. Steal. Build. Think.

Say goodbye to social life and sleep – there is no time for anything else…

“In a universe of endless violence, your next move could be your last…”

Following nearly one years of development time in the project, the team have produced the ultimate fight for ships of the old era in living space simulations in which to immerse the player.

After the heroics of Kyle Brennan in the universe, many xenon sectors are left in turmoil, the uneasy calm violated by an invading pirate force. Your purpose in life is to survive, but the universe is not as forgiving as that

Graduated learning curve allows for immediate action.
Absolute state of the art graphics engine utilising all the
latest Direct X 9 capabilities.
One Huge dynamic sector to fight in.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The x1 team:

- SSwamp_Trooper
- =DC=Shadow
- Anon loyalist
- Droffy
- EmperorTekin
- KillerTide
- LordLangford
- m249_guy
- MarcusX3
- ulfius
- Aerukath

Thanks to:

- DSE for the HUD and GUI template which SSwamp_Trooper edited
- DSE for the engine fx
- Jakesnake for the engine trails
- Ulfius for the font mod

Copyright Notices

Software Copyright 2005 Egosoft. All rights reserved.

X3: Reunion, the X3:Reunion logo, are trademarks of Egosoft.

(c) X1TP 0.1 2008
Last edited by SSwamp_Trooper on Tue, 18. Nov 08, 20:50, edited 4 times in total.

Vyruz
x4

Post by Vyruz » Tue, 4. Dec 07, 19:07

uhm....is this a mod for X3 :?

it's in the X3 forum so I believe it's for X3 :D

Any Pirate life is welcom in my univers ^^

C'ya

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 01:05

Yes its for X3.
Still need help with some scripting? Let me know what ya need.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 03:18

The name is fine, as you say it gives us more scope in what we can do with it.
At least we can update the ships to look a little more advanced complete with some of the new weapons you get in X2/X3 compared to the original XBTF.
Here is a link if you want to know more about the progress of the mod or want look at some of the pics of ships currently in the works for the mod.

We are looking for talented people to join the team, if you would like to join or help in some way please contact sswamptrooper or leave a post and we will try to get back to you.
More information can be found about what skills we need at the link provided.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/10161/x1-the-pirates

Thanks for your interest in the mod and look forward to hearing from you.

=DC=Shadow

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 09:59

ninjitsumonk wrote: Still need help with some scripting? Let me know what ya need.
Yeah it would be nice to have your help, but i don't know what we need yet.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 10:38

Well just pm me and let me know when you need me :P.
In the mean time, if you need a hand with ideas, I've got a few, though I can't remember much of BTF or XTension, been ages since I last played them.
we're gonna need real characters, ones that are interactable, but also do their own thing.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Thu, 6. Dec 07, 19:17

we're gonna need real characters, ones that are interactable, but also do their own thing.
yep

JOBS REQUEST (AGAIN)

We need story writers or similar, to make a storline for the mod. Although you don't need to have played x beyond the frontier as i can put together something telling you the story line of it and you can work of that. but it would be helpfull you did.[/b]

Azanor

Post by Azanor » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 10:38

SSwamp_Trooper wrote:
yep

JOBS REQUEST (AGAIN)

We need story writers or similar, to make a storline for the mod. Although you don't need to have played x beyond the frontier as i can put together something telling you the story line of it and you can work of that. but it would be helpfull you did.[/b]
I didnt play XBTF , but I am up to job. Its also , kinda, related to me real life profession. If you give me a hint I can come up with alternatives. If you guys dont like it , you can just say it so . No hard feelings.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 11:51

well if we're gonna need storytellers then we're gonna need a storyline for the actual game aswel as buildup.
Considering the title I'd say that there's gonna be a huge amount of pirate involvement, possibly with Julian and Brett(Think that was his name..) that way we are properly "BRIDGING THE GAP" they don't have to be playable either if you don't want.
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 14:55

I have an idea about the plot when it finishes the plot for X2 can start, it can be how Julian was corrupted by the pirates, how he met Brett and a threat to all pirates from other races.
He may have to try and rally the pirates together to fight a common cause, and attempt to capture the old Xenon territories, Brennens triumph and the surrounding areas. This can involve a war with the xenon to secure the systems. this would lead to X2 where them system sectors are controlled by the pirates. Maybe for the end of the story it would involve Julian and brett on their way to steal a ship from the argons, thats where the new threat is found in X2 so starts X2

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 15:00

yeah, that could be cool, could involve kinda "gang wars" between the different pirate factions before they are united or something, but we have to give a story to the ship, why are they stealing it? Surely two elite pirates wouldn't risk their ass for a simple ship...
Maybe we should do a little reading up too, get our facts straight so that its a completely coherent storyline.
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 15:20

Perhaps the ship in question can be an advanced prototype of sorts, maybe a cruiser size the only one the pirates will ever own in that time frame to assist in the wars maybe. Julian and Brett could be sent to locate and capture it and return it to their pirate warlord, but when they get back could find their base destroyed and all their clansman slain evidence of Xenon wrekage floating about.
This could be part of something bigger and they could go on a crusade to all pirate bases across the galaxy to enlist their help and support. using the cruiser to maybe be a flagship of the fleet under the command of Julian. Imagine a great war in the Xenon Sectors and the pirate push to capture and secure them for their own.

me and my ideas :lol:

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 15:41

maybe their can be some talk of the "Holy Grail" of pirates, the ones who in X3 have set themselves up in a Xenon sector, maybe they have the secret of surviving against the Xenon.
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 21:33

Hi,
I've just created another ship for the mod, what I want is opinions on how I can improve it.

Here is some pics

http://i4.tinypic.com/8221u12.jpg

http://i1.tinypic.com/6wxu26w.jpg

any advice would be great, and let me know what you think.
oh and about the polygon count what would be the reccommended amount for the game? this ship has around 75000.

DC Shadow

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 21:42

how much are your over models, when i looked at the polygon count of them they where well over 100,000 so i thought my polygon counter was wrong.

Azanor

Post by Azanor » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 21:55

Are you good at drawing quick sketches? Pencil or computer doesnt matter .. Or are you only doing modeling? The reason I am asking is if you can sketch different ships we can discuss on it. It seems like modeling is time consuming and whats the point of making any suggestions that can require you make big changes.

Just a suggestion.

=DC=Shadow
x3

Post by =DC=Shadow » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 21:58

Hi sswamptrooper,
In response to your question here is the poly counts of my current ships.

Argon Advanced Buster poly count = 74608
Argon Discoverer poly count = 132841
Argon Transport poly count = 6912
Argon Buster original poly count = 12512

The reason the discoverer is high is the cockpit is highly detailed. I have also modified the cockpit a little to try and bring the polys down as well.

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Fri, 7. Dec 07, 23:08

Are you good at drawing quick sketches? Pencil or computer doesnt matter .. Or are you only doing modeling?
well i'm quite good at drawing (predicted A at alevel art), but when i then try and model it, it would come out slightly different as i keep on sculpting it until i get it looking good.

Example:

First attempt:
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11 ... awk_M4.jpg

Finished or nearly finished:
http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/11 ... ockpit.jpg

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 13:31

I'm not too hot on modeling but if you want me to have a go at designing some new ships whilst I wait for what needs scripting just let me know :).
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

Azanor

Post by Azanor » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 11:58

I would like to ask all fans reading this thread. What would you expect from X1 The Pirates mod? Story wise and game play experience wise. All feedback is welcome.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”