Bala Gi and the wretched Tractor Beam.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

An_Overlord_named_Curious

Bala Gi and the wretched Tractor Beam.

Post by An_Overlord_named_Curious » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 12:47

Right. I pray anyone can help, because this little issue has destroyed all my deep seated plans.

Basically, i've run through the game once, so it's not a simple case of me not knowing what to do.

I've come to the point in the Bela Gi plot where i have to tow the Hyperion through the gates back to Grand Exchange. As i said, i've done this before, so as far as i can tell i'm not doing anything wrong.

The problem being, the bloody Yacht won't follow me through gates.

I have installed XTM and a few other mods since the first time through but from what i've read, no one else seems to have encountered this issue.

The wretched boat just won't come through the gate. I've varied speed, cargo, direction, etc but NOTHING seems to change. The Yacht is always parked up next to the gate when i go back to check progress.

Please, please God, help me. The Player HQ is instrumental to ALL my plans. It's making me a very sad panda. :oops:

Thanks for any help guys.
Baka...

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 12:58

If you have XTM installed, then the techie people here will politely suggest that you ask in the XTM tech support thread in the Scripts and Modding forum, unless you reproduce the problem without scripts and mods.

Other than that, it's not an issue I've heard about with vanilla or XTM either, I'm sorry.

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 13:23

it _can_ take a while to follow you through

best way to test it is to tow the ship through on autopilot, and stick SETA on after you go through... the ship should follow you shortly
Math problems? Call 0800-[(10x)(13i)^2]-[sin(xy)/2.362x]

Post by An_Overlord_named_Curious » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 13:56

Auto pilot is an interesting suggestion but i've sat behind the gate for about 5 mins real time on seta x10.

Jebus, the game has upped and failed on me. Gods damn it.

Please, anyone, help me....
Baka...

Post by An_Overlord_named_Curious » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 14:28

Failing any explanation, can anyone suggest a cheat mod that may aid my cause?

I don't really give a toss about the Hyp, but the PHQ is vital to my plans of Paranid genocide
Spoiler
Show
(i mean, come on. they are responsible for the Kha'ak, after all.)
The ability to just generate the PHQ would solve the issue but failing that, moving the bloody yacht would be a favourite.

Edit: Don't wanna give the game away. :wink: and living in hope that someone, anyone, will be able to suggest something.
Baka...

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 15:57

I suggest you get Cycrows Salvage Claim Software script, claim the yacht with it, jump it to Grand Exchange (do not board it yourself).
Then, tow it manually to the SY and dock.

Post by An_Overlord_named_Curious » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 16:28

That'll work? Really?

You, sir, are a gentleman and some what of a legend.

Doubly so for the Sasuke pic. Dattebayo!
Baka...

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 17:53

Ermm... I suggest you make a copy of your save file beforehand, nothing against you X2-Eliah - I just can't confirm this so it may/maynot work.
As for the actual script in question, I'm almost 100% sure that theres a script around here that does it... I just can't remember which :O.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

Post by An_Overlord_named_Curious » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 18:27

I must confess i'm a little dubious as to whether it'll actually be able to claim the yacht.

truth be told, i'm one more attempt from dropping as many SQUASH mines in Paranid Prime as my Elephant can carry.

Damn, my hate for the 'Nid's is becoming unhealthy...

Please, Sir Monk, help me in my time of distress! If you know of a script that let's me spawn a PHQ, i'll reward you for whatever time used remembering in anyway possible, including coming to your house with delicious cake.

Dattebayo.
Baka...

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 18:36

LV's cheats, in the stickies. Just find the one by LV, labeled his cheats...
download that, and the script manager... install, poof

Load game, spawn HQ...

defiant1
x4

Post by defiant1 » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 18:46

well I think someone aught my "hate the 'nids" bug...hehehe...altho I hate the boron worse...but hey least the boron gave me most of my mine layers....
Teladi Next Minute Shipping®

Post by An_Overlord_named_Curious » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 19:00

Give that man an Iced Bun!

Thanks to all you guys that replied. You've saved me an aneurysm and you'll be rewarded in this life or the next.

Seriously though, thanks guys. Reinforced my opinion of the gems that exist on this forum. You guys put other boards to shame.
Baka...

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Wed, 5. Dec 07, 20:25

Here, simple thing that may just work for ya :D.

Code: Select all

Arguements:
station, var/station, 'trading station'
yacht, var/ship, 'pontifex's yacht'
-----------------------------------------
$yacht -> put into environment $station
figure that should work, haven't tested it though.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

Trader12781

Post by Trader12781 » Thu, 6. Dec 07, 10:15

I had the same problem when I first played through that mission I tractored the ship towed through the gate it didn’t come through, what worked for me was rather simple immediately after passing through the each gate was simply bring my speed to 0 and waiting for about 20 to 30 seconds the ship would just then come through and the tractor beam would lock back on and I continue towing it. It worked for me that is about all I can say hope it works for you.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:43

I've had the same problem actually. I can tow it, even tried pushing it through first (it doesnt gate it just goes through) and can wait all i like on the other side. All that happens is i sit there waiting.

You could say it's frustrating. I want to get this ship towed so that i can go clear out a sector where the xenon are royally harrassing a station of mine. Give it to the xenon expansion, they are really hellish now, I feel like im on a war front
Give a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day
Set a man on fire, he'll stay warm for the rest of his life ;)

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 01:54

Just a question, are you guys aren't stopping in front of the gate are you?
The in-sector gates only allow ships to arrive if the area is clear. You can tell this is happening if the target entered the gate on the OTHER SIDE, but hasn't come out yet. Although it might work a tad different with the Hyperion as that is a special case.

I just suggest staying about 3-5k's out and waiting for it to be clear.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 02:30

well a fly to sector/fly through gate naturally flies out a little, shifts a little off the direct line, then stops. I've tried leaving it to do that and stopping immediately.

This time something interesting happened at least. No yacht followed me, but a trio of pirate ships came out, ships that hadnt been there on the other side. destroyed them and the exact same trio (and same items on death came: Falcon vanguard, scorpion vanguard, bussard something.

how they can be coming from a sector where there are no pirates i dont know, seems odd to me.

Tritous
x3tc

Post by Tritous » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 02:46

Ah, finally got the blasted thing working. I tried moving much further away from the gate, some 7-8 km and only then did it slowly come through. go figure.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”