War and Invasions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

waawak

War and Invasions

Post by waawak » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 20:24

If you attack a sector, can you capture the stations or do you have to destroy them and build your own in their place? And is it possible to build your own shipyards? One day, I want to clean the x-universe of every other race, and build an empire that stretches to the far corners of the galaxy.

shifty_powers

Post by shifty_powers » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 20:38

Would love to know how you plan to make any credits in such a universe.... ;)

And no, you cannot capture the stations or sectors in the vanilla game. But you can get sector capture scripts, though someone else will have to tell you where ;)
"I believe that inherent within the God-given right to the pursuit of happiness, is the equally God-given right to the pursuit of unhappiness. That is why I support gay marriage", Chuck Lorre, 2008

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 21:32

shifty_powers wrote:Would love to know how you plan to make any credits in such a universe.... ;)

And no, you cannot capture the stations or sectors in the vanilla game. But you can get sector capture scripts, though someone else will have to tell you where ;)
credits? in a world where I own everything, and ideally have every ship RE'ed, i dont need credits. Just a few more PHQ's to mass produce capships.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 22:02

Lancefighter wrote:credits? in a world where I own everything, and ideally have every ship RE'ed, i dont need credits. Just a few more PHQ's to mass produce capships.
But production of ships in PHQ does require credits ...

PHQ is the only player station that can manufacture ships. But no station construction kits. And "governmental" NPC stations do spawn always. GoD builds NPC factories. Unless tampered with scripts.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 22:14

jlehtone wrote:
Lancefighter wrote:credits? in a world where I own everything, and ideally have every ship RE'ed, i dont need credits. Just a few more PHQ's to mass produce capships.
But production of ships in PHQ does require credits ...

PHQ is the only player station that can manufacture ships. But no station construction kits. And "governmental" NPC stations do spawn always. GoD builds NPC factories. Unless tampered with scripts.
the PHQ does not need credits if you mod it right :twisted:

mmm true, GOD will respawn stuff...

imagine
x3

Post by imagine » Sat, 8. Dec 07, 22:49

If I understand correctly, the sector capture mod can give you income by taxing inhabitants of your sectors. When you own a sector, you will have to live with race stations spawning on your turf, but they pay well :wink:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”