Avarice auction. what to do?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kryten
x4

Avarice auction. what to do?

Post by Kryten » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 12:04

I've been reading about this sector and in my game the bids are at 230 mil, My problem is I've only got 40 mil and by the rate its been advancing there is no way I'll have the required amount when I can start bidding.

My question is, will npc buy it if I can't get the funds together or will it just hover and let me build up the credits required. If i'm in a race, whats the best way to get 600 mil so quickly, I've got a booze complex going and 6 UTs but that isn't bringing in as much as I'd hoped and ATM I'm making more money through piracy and Xenon invasion missions.

Also is it worth 600 mil, seems to me a tad overpriced just to get a trading station in an empty sector,
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

TBV
x3tc

Post by TBV » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 12:12

Whether it's worth it or not is up to you.

You have until at least game-day 25 before it's over. (I have savegame at 25
and still isn't over)
2x XI missions at X-Treme (30-50million each) 10 days and you're there.
Or just 25 or so UT's should work too.

Azanor

Post by Azanor » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 14:43

Buying Avarice makes sense for role-playing purpose. Its not matter of if its worth it. In X3 we do not represent a race. So if you consider yourself as a company owning a sector means your company is rich enough to own a sector like other races.

Otherwise buying it has no real advantages if you are waiting to gain anything extra. My HQ is in Avarice in my current game and some other stations, but I didn't buy it. I have got no intention to do so as long as I can find better ways to invest my credits. If Avarice is still available when I dont have any better way to spend my 600 million credits then I might decide to buy it.

Its up to you, I wouldn't want to influence your game. My personal opinion is there is so much to do in X universe , focusing on buying a sector is not priority . Specially since there is nothing preventing you to build any sector you want including empty unknown sectors.

I would suggest choosing a sector best suiting your plans. If you are playing as hidden evil empire a remote unknown sector may be best. If you are best friend of Argon Senator you might decide to make Argon Prime your home sector , or you might decide buying Avarice and be independent from other races.

It all depends on your imagination

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”