Khaak Invasion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

malinson
x3tc

Khaak Invasion

Post by malinson » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 21:52

I had started a new game deciding on a different method. After awhile I finally went into Kingdom End only to find it infested with Khaak ships and heavy's. The shipyard was destroyed along with other stations. I used my fighter drone hoard to eliminate them but the shipyard is gone.
I reloaded earlier games but to no avail. Will the shipyard respawn and if so will I be able to complete the M7 missions?

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 22:13

Yes and yes, its just a matter of time and patience.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

malinson
x3tc

Post by malinson » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 22:20

Well that's good news, I'm such a dam fool when it comes to not SAVING the game when I should. I'm this close to dumping it anyway for yet another approach.

Hows this....Building sixty or even a hundred AHEPT fabs, Selling them off at a teladi equipment dock.

Azanor

Post by Azanor » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 23:08

malinson wrote: Hows this...Building sixty or even a hundred AHEPT fabs, Selling them off at a teladi equipment dock.
Wouldn't it be better building different types of weapon factories since you can also equip your own fleet with those weapons later?

Are you only planing to use AHEPT?

Because no matter how rich you get availability of those weapons in X universe are limited. You may not be able to find them when you most need at any price.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 23:09

Or adding them to a complex and outfitting all my fighters :P.
I've got neraly 100 LX's sitting here(no cheats) after building them at hq and running seta for ages, and not one of them has any weapons :oops:.... Need to rethink my approach....
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

Azanor

Post by Azanor » Sun, 9. Dec 07, 23:21

There are scripts equipping fleets for you, but the ones I have seen doesn't require you to have those weapons in stock. Just charging you money. I cant use them because its kinda cheating for me. I want my planing to play a role in it good or bad.

But a script letting you to equip ships when they dock only if you have the necessary items in your cargo/warehouse already would be good.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 06:52

Yeah, I agree, I often take a long look at other peoples scripts before installing them, as some have a "too good to be true" feel about them.
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 08:08

Azanor wrote:There are scripts equipping fleets for you, but the ones I have seen doesn't require you to have those weapons in stock. Just charging you money. I cant use them because its kinda cheating for me. I want my planing to play a role in it good or bad.
You cannot mean Fleet Support Software (included in Bonuspack)? FSUP buys guns if it does not already carry them. And if there is none in the market it will complain.

But building guns is not an instant solution either. It takes time to build the Forges and then more time to build sufficient amount of guns. I claimed a Raptorful of L's and intended to add 6 BPBE to each. After doing the math I was happy to get 4 into each. And I already had a Forge.

Pirate Bases respawn in about 12 hours. IIRC, the Docks and Shipyards do the same. (Their debrii disappears in about 6 hours.) The Shipyard might not respawn in exact same co-ordinates. For example, SY in Ianamus in my game is now North-West from the North Gate, while it originally was East side of the centre of the sector.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 09:52

The respawn of a shipyard takes more than 12 hours. In my game the SY in Ocean of Fantasy was a victim in a Xenon taxi mission. It took nearly 2 IG-days before it was back.

BTW: ONE AHEPT-laser forge? How long does it take to equip only ONE fighter with it?

Greetings

Davy Jones
Kampfrang: X-Treme
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant
Die Kha´ak-Invasion aus deren Sicht: Operation: Invasion!!!
XTM-Schiffs-Beschreibungen

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 11:03

Hows this....Building sixty or even a hundred AHEPT fabs, Selling them off at a teladi equipment dock.
For making money they are better choices then aHEPT fabs (they bring only 124800 cr/hour at min. price and 140200 at average price).
I would rather go for Tractor Beam fabs (the top!), or gPSG fabs if cargo space matters.

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 11:07

Choublanc wrote:
For making money they are better choices then aHEPT fabs (they bring only 124800 cr/hour at min. price and 140200 at average price).
I would rather go for Tractor Beam fabs (the top!), or gPSG fabs if cargo space matters.
For making money there are even better choices. Consider building a weed/booze complex or silicon mines.

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 11:18

Right! Weed/booze self-sufficient complexes are very nice because they sell without freighter. You build them and forget them.
But they bring less money then high-end tech complexes:

Profit with a SPP XL self-sufficient complex:
- weed/booze = 1.3 millions/hour
- gPSG (13 fabs) = 2.2 millions/hour
- Tractor Beam (17 fabs) = 3 millions/hour

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 11:39

Yeah, but you don´t lose any freighters! A good deal, if you ask me!

Greetings

Davy Jones
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant

Choublanc
x3tc

Post by Choublanc » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 11:53

Well, you don't lose either freighters when selling manually to ED's or selling a ship full of tractor beams.

But the micromanagment involved could be sometimes boring.

And obviously weed/booze are much cheaper, given that you need 330 millions in bank for a TB complex :)

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 12:06

Or 970 million to build a sector-complex in Moo-Kye´s Revenge (yes, all 68 asteroids are bound into one complex) *grin*.

Greetings

Davy Jones
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 12:49

Davy Jones wrote:Or 970 million to build a sector-complex in Moo-Kye´s Revenge (yes, all 68 asteroids are bound into one complex) *grin*.

Greetings

Davy Jones
:o :o :o :o :o
say what?!!!
*ninjitsumonk gets her calculator out and climaxes when she sees the profffitssss*
:o :o :o :o :o

Out of interest, how much is that raking you in? and I'm also guessing you never go into that sector anymore....
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Mon, 10. Dec 07, 13:01

How much money it rakes in? Don´t know, I think it´s 11 or 12 millions roundabout (per hour).

Visiting the sector? Well, you´re right, I avoid it as good as I can (it´s not frames per second but seconds per frame!!!). Stats: All in all 272 stations which produce: all missiles except the wasp missile, spaceweed, microchips, quantum tubes, APPCs, AHEPTs, BHEPTs, mass drivers + ammo, all shields up to 125 MJ, APBE, BPBE. Hope, I didn´t forget anything.

Greetings

Davy Jones
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant

kotekzot

Post by kotekzot » Thu, 20. Dec 07, 20:45

a closed cycle space fuel and space weed complex with 4 large factories of each type brings in 2mil/hour, while only costing 130mil. lawdy.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”