[Script]RGW - Remote-Guided Warhead ( ! ! ! Feedback wanted ! ! ! )

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[Script]RGW - Remote-Guided Warhead ( ! ! ! Feedback wanted ! ! ! )

Post by UniTrader » Wed, 2. Jan 08, 18:40

Remote-guided Warhead - RGW v 0.7
This Script adds a new Hotkey (Activate Remote-Guided Warhead), which activates the Remote-Control-System for Missiles.

When this system is activated (recognizable by the Target-angles at the center of the Hair-Cross) you can launch a missile which can be guided with the Hair-Cross.
When you change the Target or Missile or press the Hotkey again the System will be deactivated.
When you launch the Missile an additional Microchip is installed in it (If you haven't loaded anyy Microchips you cannot activate the System).

The Missile follows the Hair-Cross as good as possible after launch but this is limited to a range of 8 km to the Playership because the remote-control requires a Live-communication-connection. When the missile is out of this Range it will fly straight ahead until the Playership is in communication-range again.

When you control a remote-missile (egal ob in reichweite oder nicht) and press the Hotkey again the Missile will switch into Dumbfire-mode (or look for a target, when it is a target-seeking missile).
With the next press on the Hotkey the Missile will blow up immendiately.
(the distance is not relevant for this because a special radio Signal is used for this)

For testing-purposes there are no restrictions for this expansion and it is compatible with all Ship- and Missile-types.
Please tell me which missiles should not be used with this and which ships are inapplicable.. and everythis else depending to this Script :)

DL-Link:
http://www.letsshareit.net/files/30/RGWv0.1.zip

German Quick-Guide (will be translated soon; it is much shorter than the explanation above)

hier nochmal die Anleitung in kurzform für alle, denen das oben zu kompliziert ist:

Hotkey drüken -> RGW scharf geschalten
- Rakete oder Ziel wechseln -> RGW entschärft

- Rakete Starten -> RGW gestartet:
- Hotkey erneut drücken -> RGW geht in Dumbfire-modus (fliegt nur noch geradeaus)
- - Hotkey nochmals drücken -> RGW Detoniert

Weitere Hinweise:
- jede RGW braucht einen Mikrochip, damit man sie starten kann
- die Reichweite für die Remote-Steuerung beträgt 8 km, wenn die Rakete weiter weg ist verhält sie sich wie im Dumbfire-modus (man kann sie aber trotzdem noch per Hotkey detonieren lassen)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Guardian004

Post by Guardian004 » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 04:54

This is actually pretty neat! I'll give it a try tomorrow. :D

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 05:22

there is acutally an already existing missile type "remote guided warhead", it should work with that one definatly....probably none of the others *grin*

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 06:24

erm no, the "''Remote guided'' Warhed" Missile cannot be used by any ship and it is afaik a dumbfire-missile, so it will not work with this Script because the missiles are fired on a fake-target which is always in front of the Playership and 250m farer from it than the missile... and dumbfire missiles will not follow this target :roll:

PS but for this Missile i will write another method of remote-control...
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

MJALowe
x3

Post by MJALowe » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 06:48

i think the "remote guided warhead" only has those problems cause they never fully implemented it - haven't seen it in game without cheating, and haven't seen any ships that use it

Guardian004

Post by Guardian004 » Thu, 3. Jan 08, 06:53

MJALowe wrote:i think the "remote guided warhead" only has those problems cause they never fully implemented it - haven't seen it in game without cheating, and haven't seen any ships that use it
Aye, and they didn't do much with the blizzard and cyclone missiles. Which would have been SWEET! :D

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”