is home of light going to be be destroyed

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

The Moomin Master

is home of light going to be be destroyed

Post by The Moomin Master » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 13:00

well I had a good game going just starting to get lots of money, went to home of light, AHHHHHHH two khaak destroyers and bout 5 fighters, of course the gerbil driving the auto pilot had a heart attack died causing the auto pilot to smash me into one however they are there when I load my game I cant beat them and they are destroying everything in home of light, so whats going to happen will the stations already there be rebuilt, also will ai controlled ships come back and will the damm argon fleet move one sector to destroy them, my games going to well to start again but my trading routes been blocked :( (also unrelated if you start a custom game do you get the bala gi missions)

Asmayus
x3

Post by Asmayus » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 13:20

Home of light will be hammered. If the argon ships IS knock out the Khaak the stations will respwan. if the Khaak wipe the floor with them (highly likely unfortunatly) they'll hover around in there till_you_kill them. Try luring the destroyers into a gate, knock out the clusters with missiles Unknown objects work a treat -if you can get you paws on them :P

The Moomin Master

Post by The Moomin Master » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 13:31

thanks at least they will respawn, whenever im using autopilot and I go anywhere near them it throws a fit and commits suicide, makes me laugh because of the thread a while back about the autopiliot being controlled by a gerbil, lol

The Moomin Master

Post by The Moomin Master » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 13:41

also before i forget do a.i traders the ones who just fly round respawn cause hundreds are being destroyed

blackfire83
x4

Post by blackfire83 » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 14:47

Yes, they will respawn... and most likely march straight back into Home of Light to die again. At least until all the stations are gone. ;)

-blackfire83
Count the bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums...

X3:TC - Battlemaster, Master Industrialist

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 15:23

The only real way to force the AI to deal with them AIUI is to use the race response script - it makes ships jump in to attack anyone attacking a sector. Just don't shoot a station with it on... Otherwise your options are get an Elephant and be sneaky, buy an M1/2, use an M3+ and a lot of luck or use the unfair tactics of lauching Hammerheads at the target and then engaging SETA. they do 88m/s and the blast radius is a couple of klicks so you can fire them off at 30s intervals if you like. Takes a lot to kill a destroyer though!

As for Bala Gi - I think you get these missions in any start. Certainly any of the Savage Split, Anonymous Argon etc type starts.

M

The Moomin Master

Post by The Moomin Master » Sat, 5. Jan 08, 23:38

okay thanks for all your answers, now i just have to figure out what im gonna do cause one or the destroyers went to cloud base south east :(

Chronobomb
x3

Post by Chronobomb » Sun, 6. Jan 08, 00:54

I kill all my Khaak Destroyers and Carriers with my split mamba equipped with 4 mass drivers. Great way to get lots of rep.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 01:19

If you go anywhere near those Kha'ak capital ships, make sure you save first. Because they will probably zap you into finely divided dust! :o

I tried the usual stuff, but finally ended up installing the Race Response Script from the Mods and Scripting forum. That was quite a battle for a while! :twisted:

I left it in and have not had any problems. :D
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

efernal
x3tc

Post by efernal » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 13:23

Carl Sumner wrote:
I left it in and have not had any problems. :D
Wait till you decide to try and kill everyone off. :P

Yea im already laughing at the feeble attempts about to take place! :fg:
Those Damn alien bastards are gonna pay for blowing up my ride!
--Duke Nukem 3D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”