*spoilers* Found the Earth *spoilers*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kari91

*spoilers* Found the Earth *spoilers*

Post by Kari91 » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 19:40

I am playing X3 normal storyline. I was in Heretic's End where the Paranid built(created) a gate to Earth. Then the Kha'ak and the Earth fleet appeared and the human won. After this Saya said there would be a ceremony but when all the cutscenes ended I am again in sector Argon Prime and there are no messages for me. Have I finished the storyline? Can I visit Earth? I can't see Argon One I can just target it, but when I am closing to it there isn't anything.

Title edited - Storm.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 20:18

You won, pat yourself on the back. Because that's about all the reward you'll get! :)

You can't visit Earth in vanilla X3.

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 20:25

What reward? If i install script and/or mod I can visit Earth?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 20:30

Kari91 wrote:What reward?
The 'reward' of patting yourself on the back. :P
If i install script and/or mod I can visit Earth?

The XTM mod has Earth and the other planets you can visit and trade with. See the Egosoft download pages or the Scripts and Modding Forum to download it.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Kari91

Post by Kari91 » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 20:44

Ahhh, I understand 'pat on my back'. Ban is very generous.

Thanks, I will DL it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 20:56

Be aware that you can't simply use old savegames to start XTM. It requires a new start, although there is a 'converter' program that will transfer some of your assets to the XTM game. But I'd highly recommend just starting a new XTM game to get the full value out of it. You can choose to do a plot game, an Egosoft non-plot game, or even one of the new XTM custom starts. Have fun. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Mon, 7. Jan 08, 23:24

Spoiler
Show
If you really want to enjoy seeing Earth, I would not recommend doing a plot story. If you finish the plot, the Terrans will blow you and your ships up everytime you go through Heretic's End. Although the Terrans may be friendly to you in Earth space, if you finish the plot, they will hate you in Heretic's End (part of original game plot).
-NavyAICS.

Edit: Sorry, forgot about the noobs who probably haven't beaten the game yet. I've beaten it a couple of times so I just plain forgot. My bad.
Last edited by NavyAICS on Tue, 8. Jan 08, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Tue, 8. Jan 08, 00:18

I know the game is old, and everybody on this forum has probably already beaten it a dozen times or more, but if you're going to detail the ending, you might still want to spoiler-tag it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”