So, regarding money making, and Avarice. (spoilers)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nulric
x4

So, regarding money making, and Avarice. (spoilers)

Post by Nulric » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 19:17

Hey all, how goes it. I'm not a new X player, but theres plenty of things I either just haven't done, or don't know. One of the things I haven't done/achieved is:
Spoiler
Show
Acquiring Avarice.
I wanted to ask how the heck you manage to do it. I've always made money my own way....a couple UTs, some captures, a few stations. I've never expanded too huge, so I've never seen anywhere NEAR enough cash generation to be able to handle the amount of money it would take to do what I mentioned above in the spoiler tag.

So, basically, I'm wondering how best to achieve the money I'd need to meet my little personal goal. I've read the stickies and the guides, but none seem geared directly to obtaining this particular thing.

So...how to go about it. Lots of UTs? It seems like to get the kindof fleet of UT's I'd need, I'm always spending the money they make me to add another UT, rather than packing it in. I know, you have to spend money to make it right? But, for how long, and if I get too far behind the going bids for what I'm trying to get, am I ever going to catch up?

Anyways, I'm rambling I guess, but any advice on how to focus on achieving this would be GREATLY appreciated.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 19:29

Realistically, make the money any way you feel comfortable with. You have plenty of time--AFAIK the auction doesn't end until game day 15-20 or thereabouts. UTs will make you plenty, you can build stations to make more, mobile mine rocks (especially Nividium), go blowing up Xenon ships and picking up the guns left behind. If you're combat oriented then Xenon Invasion missions are real money earners--even if you can only do them every 12 hours or thereabouts, you can be earning tens of millions per mission by 3 or 4 days in.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 20:38

I made it to a billion credits in player account in 10 days 22 hours and 52 minutes (on custom start with bonus pack installed). I saw messages about Everest being auctioned but no option to let me bid. Finally, first bid was 650M but of course they out bid you, second was 720M. I won it then.

There really is no cut and dried *best* way to make money. There are so many ways to make it, you just pick the one you like best.

In my way of doing it, the best tip I can offer is to learn the real order of resources in this game. It goes silicon > crystals > energy > ore and food > weapons. Everything starts with silicon. Secure large amounts of silicon and everything else will follow.

Do not buy anything you can make yourself. Know your prices of what it actually cost you. For example. If, you can sell energy at 16 then silicon cost you 384 to make. But if you have a market for energy, then you need add more power plants, provided you have enough silicon to power the production of it. However, I usually don't add the energy to sell. I just keep adding factories to use up all available silicon and ore. Every step of the manufacturing process add profit to the product. So keep adding processes. Eventually, the product is free. The univers will only support so many UTs, but it can support as many factories as you have silicon.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Golden_Gonads
x3tc

Post by Golden_Gonads » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 21:20

The way I keep meaning to make money (Yet never do...) is to get oyur main ship sorted out to maim and molest everyone in, then set up six or so UT's as soon as you can afford them, and spend every penny you get thereafter on stations. Starting with a still and wheat farm, lobbing in what you need to make Rastafarian Old Holburn. Then gradually adding in the different stations to be self sufficient. After that, expand into other areas, such as weaponry and shields and the like.

Sadly, I'm a penny-pinching sod, who sets up his fighter, takes a long time out to kill any pirates, Xenon or Kha'ak he can find, will then maybe set up a couple of UT's, and eventually set up a still and weed complex...

autosave22
x3tc

Post by autosave22 » Mon, 28. Jan 08, 22:16

This game, I'm into recycling. Pirate ships, missiles, GPPC from J/Ks, scavanged loot dropped by the victims of Yaki or Khaak Destroyers. I'm near the end of Day 2, and I have 130 Million - mostly from GPPC, 6 LX's, one single freighter (of the Caiman Super flavour) for collecting loot, and an Elephant for collecting caps. It's not easy, but its not nearly as tedious as protecting stations...

YMMV...

ivak
x3tc

Post by ivak » Tue, 29. Jan 08, 10:05

autosave22 wrote:...I'm near the end of Day 2, and I have 130 Million - mostly from GPPC, 6 LX's, one single freighter (of the Caiman Super flavour) for collecting loot, and an Elephant for collecting caps. It's not easy, but its not nearly as tedious as protecting stations...
That's my way, too. Works best in "Bankrupt assassin" or EOTS start. But i usually go for a Raptor. It's all in one - mobile home for my fighters, supply ship, booty collector and, most importantly, it doubles the Xenon harvesting rate. In my current game i was above the 615M mark before the auction had actually started.
Your ship Your Python was destroyed in sector Split Fire by Spacefly.

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Tue, 29. Jan 08, 22:25

First time I bought Avarice I did it with solely a trade/factory empire earning 300+M profit per day in 18.5 days. Paid 940M for the sector.

Second time I bought it I was into BBS misions bigtime and aquired it in 13 days for 615M. Even had an Oddyssus and Zeus bought before buying Avarice. The sector was nearly useless to me that game because of two-way Xenon traffic. Zero capital ships blocking the X101 - X347 path.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”