Question regarding Avarice and Headquarters

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NitroX
x3

Question regarding Avarice and Headquarters

Post by NitroX » Thu, 7. Feb 08, 02:14

I was wondering about Avarice and whether I have to pick it up within the bidding time, or if there was a way to delay the bidding. Kind of want to get it but that means I have to wait on getting my shiny new Python.

Second is there a way to prevent ships from buying goods at my headquarters? I really want to use it strictly as a warehouse at the moment.

karl_1_marx
x3

Post by karl_1_marx » Thu, 7. Feb 08, 02:28

It takes quite a while until the auction is terminated, like in-game day 20+

Re. NP ships shopping at your HQ: there is a toggle in the station's Settings menu "other races may buy". Second from the bottom or such. Switch it to "No", voilà. BTW, some ships already in flight to your HQ might still dock, but no new ships will try...

Cheers
NitroX
x3

Post by NitroX » Thu, 7. Feb 08, 02:31

Sweet. Thanks for the help.

Also two more questions came to mind what are the pandora boxes that people mention on the forums and how do I find treasure hunt missions?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 7. Feb 08, 02:31

If you're using universe traders (UT's), then it's difficult to keep them from either buying all your stuff and selling it elsewhere, or filling up your HQ with stuff they buy from the NPC's. It's an ongoing problem. If you do a search, you'll find a number of discussions and potential solutions to this issue.

Edit: Pandora tunings are engine and rudder tunings found in crates that you can add to whichever ship picks them up. The messages for these are buried in all the other fluff messages on the BBS. They don't appear like normal BBS missions, so you have to really search to find them. And read every stupid fluff message until you find them. They mention an Argon ship, the Pandora, that finds these crates and the system where they're located. They're also very rare messages. Good Luck!

Treasure hunt missions are only found in Trading Stations. It's usually some old Teladi offering info for money. They can be very lucrative, and they can be a ripoff. So you take your chances. But they also offer the only non-mod way of getting certain ships, such as the Xenon P. Again, good luck. These are even rarer than the Pandora messages.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”