Xenon Invasion Missions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bringwind
x3

Xenon Invasion Missions

Post by bringwind » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 02:54

i got a quick question.. how is the payroll determined?

killing the K and J nets u way extra credits? or they are counted as 1 xenon ship?

On another note, does enemy ships that your fleet kills count towards the total kills for XI missions? it doesn't seem to appear in my kill count..(o i've seen some nifty battle records some users posted on this forum wonder how do they do that?)

how do i kill the jumping J? how is it defined as killed? i brought in my destroyer and managed to kill the J before it jumps.. destroyer left like 30% shields, coz keep getting blasted for a few rounds.... but the nxt thing i know the J jump in again... no choice had to get my M2 to jump out and i lost the kill to the npc..

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 03:20

J rewards you with ~5 million cr. The K, about 7 million. Each figther is 60K - 100K, depending on M's or L's. Yes, your fleet kills count towards the reward. Also, that jumping J you killed? Some missions, depending on combat rank, give two jumping J's. So you may have only killed one of two. And each J will drop ~100 fighters before it stays and fights. So if you do the math, you'll see how some players get so many kills. I've gotten 220+ kills, including 2 J's and a K, with my LX. It's not so much hard as tedious. Those Xenon cap ships, if you notice, only have shields equivalent to a TL. They're not like their much tougher cousins in the Xenon sectors.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

bringwind
x3

Post by bringwind » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 04:05

hmm. icic. however the kill for the J did not turn up in my (pilot/statistics/kill) record...

so its a good idea to let the J's drop all its fighters first? hmm.. yeah the shielding for the J is weak, but the hull is really thick.. using a otas reaper(xtm) with 12 BHEPT and i can't kill it before my energy runs out. and the npc will usually pick them off. irritatin~

Alec_trev
x3tc

Post by Alec_trev » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 07:37

there is a topic somewhere around here with teh actual amount payed for each xenon type you kill during an XI, you can also follow the juming j's into the xenon sector and finish them off, but stray fire from other xenon cap ships can take the kill from you here instead of the NPC

personally i wish the npc would not spawn destroyers, especially invulnerable destryers, they just steal your credits

edit: here's the link http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 20:07

hmm. icic. however the kill for the J did not turn up in my (pilot/statistics/kill) record...

so its a good idea to let the J's drop all its fighters first? hmm.. yeah the shielding for the J is weak, but the hull is really thick.. using a otas reaper(xtm) with 12 BHEPT and i can't kill it before my energy runs out. and the npc will usually pick them off. irritatin~
if you didn't get paid for the kill it's prob. because some npc was firing at the crucial moment - annoying but happens - can be avoided using hammerhead missiles but there is always the risk of collateral damage.
so its a good idea to let the J's drop all its fighters first?
If you want to get all the fighters - approx 5 mill. - sure, but like Nanook says, it gets a bit tedious. I'm getting around 190 - 200 kills per mission at the moment using an LX.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 8. Feb 08, 21:33

bringwind wrote:hmm. icic. however the kill for the J did not turn up in my (pilot/statistics/kill) record...

Keep a few Thunderbolts or Tempest to finish off the J or K when your energy runs out. It usually assures you get the kill that way.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”