Marathon XI MIssion

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ring Peace

Marathon XI MIssion

Post by Ring Peace » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 12:46

I think I am at Crusader rank, there were a few Ks and a couple of Js. Flying my LX I didn't really have much trouble with any of the Xenon.

The trouble I had was with a Paranid flying a Nemesis spraying PSG everywhere, first time he caught me I went down to 70% hull from then on I had to dodge away from him and engage the Xenon which is where the marathon started. All the Xenon Ls and Ms seemed to go after him, I had to try to kill these without being friendly fired to hell.

Is there anyway around this, I realise I could get a bigger ship but are there any other ways of perhaps killing the indestructible?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 12:49

Send in a bigger ship, then go OOS and watch the fight on the sector map. PSGs have no area-effect OOS so your larger ship will not get harmed by friendly fire.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 13:48

restart the xenon mission until you get no paranids as support, they SUCK like nothing else with they psg's
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 13:56

I'd just hang around about 2 klicks from Ira Justi and pick the Xenon off, the range isn't too great on those PSGs. I did an XI mission recently and only took a bit of shield damage once. Don't try shooting missiles at the Xenon though as they get zapped by the PSGs - I tend to pick up the Hornets and Silkworms that the Xenon drop and fire them back for some cheap kills as long as it's not Ira Justi.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 23:07

When you have Paranid helpers, just don't go near them. They're very unlikely to actually destroy anything because the damage on PSGs isn't great (in fact, I find it amazing it managed to knock you down to 70% hull...were you standing still at the time or something?).

mattstint
x4

Post by mattstint » Tue, 12. Feb 08, 23:22

Has the damage from PSGs been nerfed then?

Because you can quite easily have your shields stripped by crazy Nemesis pilots in an LX, one of the most annoying things ever in X3 :)
fud wrote:This place is a utopian oasis on the s**t sea that is the internet, and for that, I'm grateful. :)

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 08:16

In my experience you'd have to be stood right in front of the thing for that to happen, and it's usually not too hard to avoid getting into that position given how slow and clunky a Nemesis is.

Ring Peace

Post by Ring Peace » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 09:27

I was hovering over a K at the time when all of a sudden the PSG started raining down, he was previously occupied far away entertaining a single L. I'm not sure how my hull went down so far, it was going fairly well up to that point trying my hardest to get last shots on all the Ks and Js.

What annoys me the most is that even if I hit him with a single aPBE he moans like a <redacted>.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”