Under Developement: Planet Destroyer/Hyper Cannon

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Do u think the ship should be capable of destroying a planet?

YES I WANT TO HOLD THE ULTIMATE POWER!
70%
NO WAY! Destroying a planet... this isnt Star wars and ur not building a death star!
16%
I dont mind really if its possible do it if not make the ship anyway
14%

Total votes: 73

crimson128
x3

Under Developement: Planet Destroyer/Hyper Cannon

Post by crimson128 » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 08:05

EDIT: i will try to make it compatible with other mods such as Xtended Mod and Rogueys mods

M0 class: Veridian Class Battleship i'm thinking of designing it argon based

i'll give u a description

the Veridian Class Battleship is an Argon Prototype Based on Captured Khaak Technology, the argon scientists have been over the recording of the show on Khaak's attempt to destroy the planet in Omicron Lyrae, and have pieced together a way to destroy the Khaak and rid them from the universe for good!

The Veridian Is an M0 Class Super Battleship Protoype with and advanced array of weapons such as GPPC's and BPPC's and its ability to mount any missile, but all of those look superflous compared to its primary weapon the (PRC)Particle Reverser Cannon. this cannon is the ultimate power in the X-Universe and has the ability to destroy anything in its path including a planet and the Veridian M0 is the only ship capable of using it(still trying to figure out a way to make it able to destroy a planet)

NOTE: that above is only the description like i said i am still in the process of building the ship and making the weapon system work

i will ofcourse keep you up to date to let u know if i need help or if i come across any problems or if i need to abandon the project alltogether but i will say this i will NOT abandon the project unless i know absolutly 100% that is not possible

oh and of course comments are always welcome

UPDATED!

FULLY TEXTURED!

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

EDIT: now in final stages should have a release for u guys before saturday
Last edited by crimson128 on Wed, 12. Mar 08, 01:15, edited 19 times in total.

SoloX
x3

Post by SoloX » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 10:16

theres is one of these around i beleive

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... uperweopon

but i would definantly like to see more of a ship with a weopon than a weopon with a ship

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:47

ive made some progress on the weapon part of the new ship, this weapon will be mounted at the front of the ship so this is only the begining part of my project really but hey i thought i'd keep u guys posted tell me what u think

Picture1

Picture2

Picture3

Picture4

as u can see still in the early stages i am gonna be working on the ship next

comments will be appreciated

thx - Crim

{Edit: Pictures removed, because they are bigger than the allowed 640x480 - Iifrit Tambuur-san}

Ulvetann

Post by Ulvetann » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 14:45

It looks really cool!
It has to be huge, and it would need a great amount of time to charge, before it releases doom! Like 5 minutes or more!
That would surely make for a huge fleet of supportships, to protect you on your road to mayhem!
It would be nice if there was just possible to have one of these ships, i.e. non-reverse-engineerable!

:D
/Ulvetann

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 18:30

Hmm. Have you TRIED destroying a planet via script command, yet? =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 19:10

You need to call it the Evecta Cannon just like in my fan fiction story lol

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 06:34

Ulvetann wrote:It looks really cool!
It has to be huge, and it would need a great amount of time to charge, before it releases doom! Like 5 minutes or more!
That would surely make for a huge fleet of supportships, to protect you on your road to mayhem!
It would be nice if there was just possible to have one of these ships, i.e. non-reverse-engineerable!

:D
hehe thanks for the compliment i glad u like the design, but that was just the weapon ive just now started on the main hull, will keep u guys posted
Gazz wrote:Hmm. Have you TRIED destroying a planet via script command, yet? =)
lol not yet still working on the ship itself, even if it cant destroy a planet its gonna have amazing firepower that can wipe out any capital ship within an instance

Lord_Dakier wrote:You need to call it the Evecta Cannon just like my fan fiction story lol
hehe its already got a name for the cannon but thanks for the input :)

its called the PRC - Particle Reverser Cannon
Last edited by crimson128 on Thu, 14. Feb 08, 09:12, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 08:57

if you need help with technical data i can help you;

Speed - The cannon thingy (Still need to know the name lol) should have atleast below 50 on speed to make it destroyable.

Turning - The ships turning needs to be fairly decent because it has to turn to fire its weapon on moving ships.

Firepower - :D The power of the weapon as you know will take care of any ship it comes up against.

Range - This weapon needs to have a longer range than other weapons i would suggest 15 - 30 km.

Beam Radius - The weapon has to have a fairly big radius of fire because its gonna be hard to pin point a ship and take it out... id suggest 2km in diameter.

Beam - The beam would look cool if it was purple and had light blue particle coming off it.

Regeneration - The cannon shouldnt fire consistantly i suggest a reload time of 3 minutes.

Hehe i know this sounds a bit dangerous but i want to verse this weapon aswell as use it lol.

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 09:10

Lord_Dakier wrote:if you need help with technical data i can help you;

Speed - The cannon thingy (Still need to know the name lol) should have atleast below 50 on speed to make it destroyable.

Turning - The ships turning needs to be fairly decent because it has to turn to fire its weapon on moving ships.

Firepower - :D The power of the weapon as you know will take care of any ship it comes up against.

Range - This weapon needs to have a longer range than other weapons i would suggest 15 - 30 km.

Beam Radius - The weapon has to have a fairly big radius of fire because its gonna be hard to pin point a ship and take it out... id suggest 2km in diameter.

Beam - The beam would look cool if it was purple and had light blue particle coming off it.

Regeneration - The cannon shouldnt fire consistantly i suggest a reload time of 3 minutes.

Hehe i know this sounds a bit dangerous but i want to verse this weapon aswell as use it lol.
lol and u will be able to go against it... like i said this will be a prototype so i am thinking of making it unique but if u like when i get near completion i'll make 2 seperate scripts... 1 to make it unique an the other to add a few around the universe

Oh and ive edited my first post for the screenshots of my progress so far i am having a difficulty atm i am trying to import an argon M1 class to GMAX but i'm stuck so it may take me a while

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 09:16

well were not going anywhere and id rather it take longer and have more detail than have it now and find when i fire the weapon its gonna jam on me and self detonate lol

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 09:23

lol it wont self detonate....

wouldnt that be suicidle

oh and if u know how to import BOD files to GMAX any help will be greatly appreciated

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 09:35

hmm... hmm...

[Initiate Memory Scan]
[Memory Scan Complete]
[No Data Found In Hard Disk - Brain]

Nope not a clue lol. Why do ya need the M1 schematics anyway?

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 11:51

Lord_Dakier wrote:hmm... hmm...

[Initiate Memory Scan]
[Memory Scan Complete]
[No Data Found In Hard Disk - Brain]

Nope not a clue lol. Why do ya need the M1 schematics anyway?
i need the actual ship hull, so i can change the design of the current collosus make it look different, mount the weapon to the front and hey presto new ship with a super weapon at the front that is also a carrier class, obviously it will have degraded landing space so its not overpowered

Iifrit Tambuur-san
x3tc

Post by Iifrit Tambuur-san » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 11:57

crimson128 wrote:lol it wont self detonate....

wouldnt that be suicidle

oh and if u know how to import BOD files to GMAX any help will be greatly appreciated
DBOX2 is a tool used to import bodies and scene files to GMAX or 3dsMAX.

Notice: You might not be able to see a textured Collossus after import because GMAX does not support DDS textures. ;)
Passierschein A38.5 gefunden!
[ external image ]
"Probleme kann man niemals mit derselben Denkweise lösen, durch die sie entstanden sind." Albert Einstein

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 12:05

ive tried using DBOX2 but still no success on importing to Gmax

i know i need to change the BOB files to BOD but i'm clueless after that ive gone to import on the file tab to import the design but it keeps sayin unrecognized format maybe i'm doing it wrong... HELP! please :?

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 12:14

why not just make a new ship based on the design of that ship??

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 12:15

because its faster to import the M1 also i need the correct scale so ive got something to compare with

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 12:17

oh... well i should imagine the ship would need to be bigger than your average M1 more like an M0.

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 12:22

nah its gonna be an M2 class ship but with the landing space of a carrier i might make it the size of an M0 actually hmm i'll come up with a design of my own it will be just brief not detailed i wont start detailing til i come up with something that people like

crimson128
x3

Post by crimson128 » Thu, 14. Feb 08, 13:39

Ok so now finally ive got the basic ship design sorry no textures yet but tell me what u think

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”