Wow - Xenon Taxi Missions are sooo much harder than XIs

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Roderick Gibson
x3

Wow - Xenon Taxi Missions are sooo much harder than XIs

Post by Roderick Gibson » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 09:40

IS is only me or are Xenon Taxi missions so much harder than XIs? I do a XI every 12 hours or so, and now get at least 2 cap ships and 100 fighters a time in kills. Hadn't done a XT in ages, but one came up last night whilst killing time ( normally killing pirates :wink: ).

XIs I find very good for profit, but don't usually have much problem with them (in a hype they are not too hard, friendly fire hurts more ... how I wish I could whinge at them like they do me when I shoot them by accident and better fire back without stuffing my rep! :evil: )

I took on the XT, only 30 or so mixed Ls and Ms, "no problems" I thought.

Ouch :o - every one of them aiming straight for me at one go! Still they did not get me, just 50% of my shields and then lots of spece dust - dead Xenons - ha.

So I docked to autosave, and checked the BBS- another XT! Do I do it with only 50% shields- :? : you bet! :twisted: Still they hurt compaired with XI and the cash is poorer- still fun though

wathman00
x4

Post by wathman00 » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 09:50

yeah, they are a bit more difficult, more ships out all at one time and the M's really like to spam the silkworms. Just wait until you get to Legend fight rank, things get really interesting then

Roderick Gibson
x3

Post by Roderick Gibson » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 09:59

BIT MORE DIFFICULT? Nearly got my ass handed to me on the first run as I was too laid back, Hype + Xenon = dead Xenon I thought, then WTF :shock: ?

Oh, so better at Legend, I am only Crusader. Will just have to go and kill some more Xenon then to get to Legend, what a shame, poor Xenon :lol:

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 10:44

As soon as you are "Legend" these missions enable you to capture a Xenon K!

Besides: In an early state of the game it is a great way of improving your rank!

Greetings

Davy Jones
Kampfrang: X-Treme
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant
Die Kha´ak-Invasion aus deren Sicht: Operation: Invasion!!!
XTM-Schiffs-Beschreibungen

kwongwah
x3tc

Post by kwongwah » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 10:56

Don't forget in a XI the xenon have multiple targets, other defenders. In a XT the only target they have usually is just you. Doesn't matter how good your flight/fight skills are, you are gonna get missile spammed from all those Xenon, which poses a big problem if you can not turret or mosquito shoot them down. Targetting missiles in X3 is fiddlesome nevermind general targetting itself

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 11:05

The later Taxi missions can be a nightmare. It is like fighting a different enemy altogether they seem so much more aggressive. I guess like kwongwah said that is due to you being the singular target.

Unfortunately it can be too hard, or too easy at times. If you drop the fellow off with a fast ship. The Xenon often lose all interest in you and it can become a duck shoot!

I guess the old machine heads really are stuck in their routines!

I also agree about the deadly missile spamming. I'd rather face an M3 than a few missile spamming M4 any day!
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 11:12

Tip from an experienced Xenon-fighter: Jump into the next sector and there use the gate that´s farest away from the gate to the sector the mission started. Wait with SETA, the Xenon will come!

But: first only the Ls because they are much faster than the Ks. Kill them all and then you can concentrate on the Ks without being disturbed!

Greetings

Davy Jones

P.S.: This is also a good way to avoid fighting in a sector with bad performance (slide-show)!
Last edited by Davy Jones on Wed, 13. Feb 08, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant

Roderick Gibson
x3

Post by Roderick Gibson » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 11:20

Thanks folks. It is not a problem, just a massive shock as I had not tried (as I had not been offered) an XT for at least 3 ranks!

Really enjoyed these, total adreneline rush! Just everyone shooting at me at one time, not me shooting at them, great fun!!!! Me and my Hype will get the little bast**ds!

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 11:42

Good luck, but I doubt you M7 will survive the attack of about 40 Xenon L!

Use a Python with FLAK and GPPC in the front turret. That´s definitely the best solution!

Greetings

Davy Jones
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:12

I've done a "couple" of XT missions aboard a Nova Vanguard on my current game.

Since you're supposed to be ferrying somebody who's being chased by the Xenon, it's obvious they'll hunt the ship he's onboard -YOUR SHIP!

They also seem to have a high missile fire propability. So, they will almost certainly start spamming missiles, before doing anything else.

My suggestion? Set your turrets on missile defense and turn around to let them do their job. In other words, show them your tail and let them chase you, until your turrets have finished disposing the initial missile attack wave. BIREs are perfect for the job and also, remember to strafe!

After this step is done, it's your turn: Precision and sufficient firepower are your best friends. Because you want to thin their numbers really fast, before they start spamming missiles again.

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:17

Davy Jones wrote:Tip from an experienced Xenon-fighter: Jump into the next sector and there use the gate that´s farest away from the gate to the sector the mission started. Wait with SETA, the Xenon will come!

But: first only the Ls because they are much faster than the Ks. Kill them all and then you can concentrate on the Ks without being disturbed!
You can be burnt by doing this; as I found out, while you are dealing with the fighters, one or more of the 'k's will destroy the factory to which you have to deliver the passenger, so failing in the task.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

Atkara
x3tc

Post by Atkara » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:22

Okay then, use an M5 to deliver the passenger really quick, then jump on your main ship and deal with the Xenon. They won't go anywere :D

PS: It doesn't matter which ship you're gonna use to get the task done, but what ship you were onboard, when you accepted the mission. Also, when you change ships, your "passenger" follows you too.

Roderick Gibson
x3

Post by Roderick Gibson » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:39

Davy Jones wrote:Good luck, but I doubt you M7 will survive the attack of about 40 Xenon L!

Davy Jones
Cheers, will remember that. Survived around 30 mixed L's and M's with around half shields, the whole list of ships on the IS map was red Xenon but a lot were M's. Used an insane amount of missiles on the mosquito missle defense though. Is an absolute blast though, most nerve wrecking action I have seen!

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 12:49

Terre Crimson wrote:
Davy Jones wrote:Tip from an experienced Xenon-fighter: Jump into the next sector and there use the gate that´s farest away from the gate to the sector the mission started. Wait with SETA, the Xenon will come!

You can be burnt by doing this; as I found out, while you are dealing with the fighters, one or more of the 'k's will destroy the factory to which you have to deliver the passenger, so failing in the task.
Nope, they will only do this if you are in the sector, where the station is. OOS: no problem!

Greetings

Davy Jones
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant

Terre
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Terre » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 13:01

Davy Jones wrote:
Terre Crimson wrote:

Nope, they will only do this if you are in the sector, where the station is. OOS: no problem!
I only had the fighters follow me, so are you saying the 'k's will follow on, as well. If so, I must try this again.
Open Rights Group - Is your site being blocked
Electronic Frontier Foundation - Online Censorship
The Linux Foundation - Let’s Encrypt
Check if your Email account has been pwned

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 14:19

A little off topic on topic.

I would love to know what all these fellows are doing to get the Xenon so mad at them.

It must be some kind of spy initiation of something. Now to graduate you must return with the tip of an antennae from a XM1.

Yes Sir!

First back gets free Ice cream and Jelly!
Last edited by Paranoid66 on Wed, 13. Feb 08, 14:21, edited 2 times in total.
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Davy Jones
x3tc

Post by Davy Jones » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 14:19

Jep, takes of course some time but they will come! Definitely!

Exception: they are killed OOS by the sector military! :twisted:

Greetings

Davy Jones
Komplexfan
Split-Sympathisant

Fresshness

Re: Wow - Xenon Taxi Missions are sooo much harder than XIs

Post by Fresshness » Wed, 13. Feb 08, 14:24

Roderick Gibson wrote:IS is only me or are Xenon Taxi missions so much harder than XIs? I do a XI every 12 hours or so, and now get at least 2 cap ships and 100 fighters a time in kills. Hadn't done a XT in ages, but one came up last night whilst killing time ( normally killing pirates :wink: ).

XIs I find very good for profit, but don't usually have much problem with them (in a hype they are not too hard, friendly fire hurts more ... how I wish I could whinge at them like they do me when I shoot them by accident and better fire back without stuffing my rep! :evil: )

I took on the XT, only 30 or so mixed Ls and Ms, "no problems" I thought.

Ouch :o - every one of them aiming straight for me at one go! Still they did not get me, just 50% of my shields and then lots of spece dust - dead Xenons - ha.

So I docked to autosave, and checked the BBS- another XT! Do I do it with only 50% shields- :? : you bet! :twisted: Still they hurt compaired with XI and the cash is poorer- still fun though
I really, really hate the way they spam missiles. Makes me wanna eject the hitch-hiker into the cold vacuum of space and never look back.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”