System override software

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Andrew1000000
x3tc

System override software

Post by Andrew1000000 » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 12:47

from pirate bases. what is it and what does it do ?

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 12:50

Allows you to claim captured ships without having to leave your ship. . . very useful but a bit over priced for what it is. . . . its illegal as well.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 12:50

It's illegal software that allows you to claim captured ships without getting out of your ship.

Andrew1000000
x3tc

Post by Andrew1000000 » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 12:54

ok thanks. is there any way to mask illegal things in your ship btw ?

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 12:57

Yes, in X3 1.4 (IIRC) introduced the Software Signature Scrambler which is a BBS reward from certain missions from Pirate stations, this effectively makes the SOS undetectable / not illegal.

In XTM you can buy cargo bay shielding as a ware which blocks police scans (5 units of cargo for every one unit of shielding?), and also the Pirates get special shields that have a chance of blocking scans as well.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 13:04

The Software Signature Scrambler is offered from a BBS message in Pirate stations. It is very expensive and I found it to be extremely rare in my game.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 15:59

Rare? I docked at a pirate station hoping that I would get the hacking BBS message, so I could turn a PBE complex blue again. Sure enough, I got the hacking message, but he failed! So I reloaded, thinking it would come right back. Nope. Took like a dozen reloads, and during one of them, I got the message for the scrambler software.

So while I don't endorse reloading, that's one way to find the SSS without checking every pirate station. And, AIUI, the software message is available at 1 station at a time, and it changes with each reload. So if you're going to reload anyway...
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Fri, 15. Feb 08, 16:17

em3e3 wrote:Rare? I docked at a pirate station hoping that I would get the hacking BBS message, so I could turn a PBE complex blue again. Sure enough, I got the hacking message, but he failed! So I reloaded, thinking it would come right back. Nope. Took like a dozen reloads, and during one of them, I got the message for the scrambler software.

So while I don't endorse reloading, that's one way to find the SSS without checking every pirate station. And, AIUI, the software message is available at 1 station at a time, and it changes with each reload. So if you're going to reload anyway...
Yep. Rare. I don't use the reload trick any more, but when I first bought the SSS, it took 37 reloads to get it. I got more than a little bored waiting for it to appear. Now I just fly around doing stuff until I find it.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”