Worse XI ever?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

crgray

Worse XI ever?

Post by crgray » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 21:39

Could do with a bit of cash so Itour round the Xenon neighbouring systems and find myself an XI missin in Black hole sun. Jump in to find 2 L's, and N and a K. Now a Mamba's not ideal for taking down a K, and despite me blasting away with my BIRE's (figure faster rate of fire than HEPT so more likely to get the last shot in) I managed a grand total of 165000 credits :-(

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 22:51

Well, 165k is a lot more than you'd normally get for blowing up a few Xenon ships...you should be grateful! :-)

Anyway, once you get to a high enough combat rank for Jumpin' Js to appear in XIs you never need worry about a low payout again...you can easily destroy dozens if not hundreds of fighters in that case, so even if you don't get the cap ship you're still looking at millions of credits.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Worse XI ever?

Post by Nanook » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 22:55

crgray wrote:Could do with a bit of cash so Itour round the Xenon neighbouring systems and find myself an XI missin in Black hole sun. Jump in to find 2 L's, and N and a K. Now a Mamba's not ideal for taking down a K, and despite me blasting away with my BIRE's (figure faster rate of fire than HEPT so more likely to get the last shot in) I managed a grand total of 165000 credits :-(
BIRE's against a Xenon K. That made me smile. :D Seriously, though, if you want the last shot, carry a Thunderbolt or two. When the Xenon K (or J) has lost it's shields and is down a ways on the hull, one or two of these babies will finish it off nicely. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

The-Prophet
x2

Post by The-Prophet » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 23:00

For me the worst XI missions are any of the happening in scale plate green, i move about 1fps in that sector have to take out all the J's in the xenon sector instead lol :) best to use a missle to get your last hit, at least thats how i go for it.
If noone lives in a house of nothing, with nothing and nobody, when nobody comes to the door and noone answers it noone pats nobody on the back and invites nobody in. noone wants nothing and has nothing, is noone happy?

0xDEADC0DE
x3

Post by 0xDEADC0DE » Thu, 21. Feb 08, 23:57

My worse XI was in scale plate green, XTM. 2 P raider patrols had entered the sector when the invasion started and i was beeing spammed with missiles, all mosquitoes MDM's spent really fast, and got tangled dogfighting 2 M's and 2 LX's in my Mamba. Total profit: 0 Cr, when I killed the LX's they already cleared the sector :shock:

It was my first XI ever, didn't went very well lol :roll:
Back to Vanilla ;)

The avalanche has started, the pebbles have no vote in it.

Inda

Post by Inda » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 01:48

My 2nd XI, I saw two invasion missions in the BBS at the same momment and accepted them... when they came my computer began to make wierd sounds as its fan spinned like crazy... after that the screen turned blue and crashed. I only had time to count 2K and some "Advance page" key hits that made the list por L's, M's and N's in the sector map.
Cada estrella podria ser la ultima.

crgray

Re: Worse XI ever?

Post by crgray » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 18:17

Nanook wrote: BIRE's against a Xenon K. That made me smile. :D Seriously, though, if you want the last shot, carry a Thunderbolt or two. When the Xenon K (or J) has lost it's shields and is down a ways on the hull, one or two of these babies will finish it off nicely. :wink:
I don't tend to carry missiles except for the odd mosquito for attracting the attention of ships travelling faster than me. Might have to keep hold of a couple of thunderbolts next time I find some.

crgray

Post by crgray » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 23:10

Bloody hell, those "unknown objects" pack a punch don't they? What's the blast radius? I had to reload from a save and have another go 'cos Iw as a bit too close :lol:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 22. Feb 08, 23:26

Blast radius ~ 1.2km. Those unknowns work great from a distance, as long as they don't get shot down. Which they can very easily, since they're so slow.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Cr0ssbow
x3tc

Post by Cr0ssbow » Sat, 23. Feb 08, 15:26

XI is about the only time I use the Hammerhead as Xenon Ks seem more interested in killing off the spawned M6s moreso than any missile defense. Or maybe Hammerheads don't make a beeline for its turrets like they do with TLs (boy that pisses me off)

Not sure about my worst XI, but my best is when I managed to gun down a J during a jumping XI and either it was because it was still undocking or 'cause it was about to jump or I just got really lucky, it dropped 8 GPPCs.

Then there was the XI that spawned two Ks and I simply hovered between the two as they pelted each other with PPCs then I ninja'd the kills with A HEPTs.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”