Lottery and unclaimed ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Twelevpak
x3

Lottery and unclaimed ships

Post by Twelevpak » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 16:30

Got two questions here. First off, can u actually win the lottery with the tickets bought on stations or are they a scam? And second, can anyone post a link to a spoiler thread with the location of a bunch of unclaimed ships or just post the location. I'm tired of lookin, lol. I found one, the Toucan Hauler. I've heard there are unclaimed ships scattered throughout the galaxy just waiting to be found, and after finding the Hauler just sittin there, I'm inclined to beleive it, so I would be most greatful for some known locations :)

sonus03
x3

Post by sonus03 » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 16:47

Hey! :)

Well firstly, I think the chances of you winning the lottery are about equivalent to a real-world lottery - ie: there's technically a higher chance you'll be hit on the head by a piece of rock from space on your way to the shops.

That said I think it has been won but I can't be sure - I just don't bother - it's generally faster to just make it anyway!

And secondly...
Spoiler
Show

There are lots of ships hanging about all over the place in the X:3 universe. I've found them all thanks to a file someone posted on this very forum about a year ago.

Toucan Hauler in sector Menelaus' Frontier (0, 3)
Iguana Vanguard in sector Family Whi (0, 6)
Harrier Sentinel in sector The Vault (0, 13)
Falcon Sentinel in sector Unknown Sector (0, 16)
Buzzard Hauler in sector Family Tkr (3, 14)
Buster Sentinel in sector Akeela's Beacon (6, 8)
Buster Sentinel in sector Treasure Chest (6, 14)
Scorpion Raider in sector Xenon Sector 101 (7, 5)
Mamba Raider in sector LooManckStrat's Legacy (10, 9)
Nova in sector Unknown Sector (10, 18)
Mako Raider in sector Depths Of Silence (13, 0)
Pericles Vanguard in sector Unknown Sector (15, 7)

Do you want exact locations or will that do for now? Makes it a bit of a challenge at least doesn't it? :)
Hope that helps!

Will
"Are there other people out there?" "Well if it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space" :)

Twelevpak
x3

Post by Twelevpak » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 16:58

how do I get to see whats in the spoiler boxes?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 16:59

Twelevpak wrote:how do I get to see whats in the spoiler boxes?
Highlight it with your mouse.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Twelevpak
x3

Post by Twelevpak » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 17:01

nvm, i figured it out, lol, thanks alot!!

Twelevpak
x3

Post by Twelevpak » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 17:02

Thats pretty cool, first time I seen that feature on a game forum. Kudos to whoever came up with that.

Cr0ssbow
x3tc

Post by Cr0ssbow » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 17:09

The lottery calculations I've seen on here have shown that you actually have a better chance of winning a RL lottery than winning one in vanilla X3.

And if you do manage to win (as of yet still no legit proof of such happening), you would only get a fraction of the money as the game has a money limit of 2 billion credits.

Twelevpak
x3

Post by Twelevpak » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 18:27

bah, 2 billiion, thats hardly worth the trouble, lol.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 26. Feb 08, 19:17

Winning the jackpot in X3 is probably less likely than winning the real life lottery. However, since patch 2.0, it has been possible to win smaller amounts, based on matching 3 or more numbers. I personally have won twice, once matching 5 numbers for ~658K credits, and once matching 3 numbers for 2,500cr (basically, got my money back :roll: ). So yes, it is possible to win, but you should only use 'spending money' on it. As in real life gambling, don't count on it as a source of income. It's just one of those very rare things than gives you a little "WOOHOO!" when you win. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”