Avarice, whats the point?????

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Polldark

Avarice, whats the point?????

Post by Polldark » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 12:12

i am putting all my efforts into getting it this game, but i can't help feeling there might be no real benefit, is it just for prestige???

+

so far im entering my 5th day with a bank account of 25 mil, i have 10 super freighter Demeter's as UT's most nearly 25 and 5 regular mercury's all level 25's and two medium space weed factory's fed by a large (what ever it is that feeds them i cant remember right now). Will this be enough to afford avarice, ive noticed that different people pay different amounts for it, how does the AI work out how much u pay???

ohh and also just got Hyperion and a Medusa (is there any great way apart from xi to make money with them??????)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 12:22

i am putting all my efforts into getting it this game, but i can't help feeling there might be no real benefit, is it just for prestige???
The only advantage is that you get to select the sector's name out of 5 choices or so.

The downsides are (apart from the cost =)
- you lose the right to scan ships in this sector
(there is no "Player" Police License)
- you have one less AI trading station to sell wares to.

But if that's acceptable, by all means go for it!
ohh and also just got Hyperion and a Medusa (is there any great way apart from xi to make money with them??????)
Military ships are supposed to cost money, not earn it. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 12:27

Avarice can have many uses to suit your needs, it's not essential by any means. If you want it, get it.

XI's are a good earner yes, assasination missions can be very beneficial also along with XT's. Your Hyperion will give you the means to hunt the larger groups and ships in the universe to claim the drops that will net you very nice profits. Aslong as you disengage before your shields hit 0 apart from energy costs it shouldn't cost you a penny. You should have also had access to the arrow which can make you good money aswell and there's also tour and mercy missions requiring a TP and TS class ship.

Other ways to get money I'd recommend would be some simple stations in choice locations, large complexes and mobile miners in addition to your current assets if in doubt.

No idea on the pay out calculation, heard some theories nothing that rings true sorry.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Polldark

Post by Polldark » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 13:27

Quality, feel as if im on right track then
(making a bucket load with the arrow, good advice)

cheers

Owain

Post by Owain » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 13:37

Sorry for being off topic, but how do you make money from the arrow?

Polldark

Post by Polldark » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 13:45

those little "ive got to be at this station in this time missions" need resonable high rank to make them worth while thou

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 14:10

Gazz wrote:The downsides are (apart from the cost =)
- you lose the right to scan ships in this sector
(there is no "Player" Police License)
- you have one less AI trading station to sell wares to.
Actually, you can scan in there with no penalty, and transport anything you want through there. After all, you own this place. You make the rules. It's just like a Pirate sector, only it's got your name stamp on it. 8)

pja
x4

Post by pja » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 18:46

If only the sector had a few good asteroids so you could set up some self supporting complexes and make real use of it.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 20:24

If only the sector had a few good asteroids so you could set up some self supporting complexes and make real use of it.
The Makers of XTM obviously realized this because in XTM it actually DOES contain some nice asteroids. In fact i've got my largest self sufficient complex yet running in it. It's powered by 2 XL Solar power plants and is churning out large numbers of capital ship weapons and shields.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 20:40

the main point is: burn the players money !

nothing else =)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 20:52

Gazz wrote:
Military ships are supposed to cost money, not earn it. =P
i have to disagree with you Gazz, sorry man. i can take a military ship, hyperion, m1, m2, even some m3 into a xenon sector and blow up xenons. pick up the leftover guns and missiles and go make a fortune selling them. i hate to tell you but military ships are the best earners in the game without exploiting the ship selling nividium thing. if you're halfway good at combat you can make more money/hour that way then your super drug fabs too!

pja
x4

Post by pja » Thu, 28. Feb 08, 21:02

Nyax wrote:
The Makers of XTM obviously realized this because in XTM it actually DOES contain some nice asteroids. In fact i've got my largest self sufficient complex yet running in it. It's powered by 2 XL Solar power plants and is churning out large numbers of capital ship weapons and shields.
Yes I know, I did something similar in a recent XTM game, exept my complex churned out drugs and booze. Unfortunately so many npc ships tried to dock they got in each others way and the whole sector ground to a halt. I had over 200 ships milling around the gates at one point and the sector became unplayable. I did script in a few K's to thin them out, but they kept coming back, and eventually I abandonned the game and restarted.

jamieren

Post by jamieren » Fri, 29. Feb 08, 01:39

How about this guys: once you buy it I'd bet those repetetive annoying ads on the BBS go away! I can't tell you how much I've been tempted (but hadn't the cash) to buy it for that one reason!! ...and then I went and started over with XTM?

0xDEADC0DE
x3

Post by 0xDEADC0DE » Fri, 29. Feb 08, 02:19

There is a useful script to get rid of junk BBS messages on the scripts and modding forum, but will cause your game to be tagged as 'modified', not a big deal anyway.
Back to Vanilla ;)

The avalanche has started, the pebbles have no vote in it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 29. Feb 08, 02:25

Except the Avarice ads aren't technically junk, and so that script shouldn't remove them. Same as the Pandora messages, at least I hope so.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Cr0ssbow
x3tc

Post by Cr0ssbow » Fri, 29. Feb 08, 06:34

Nanook wrote:Except the Avarice ads aren't technically junk, and so that script shouldn't remove them. Same as the Pandora messages, at least I hope so.
Have yet to do my homework on that script but I'm suspicious about it. I know for a fact it does both of the messages you refer to as I got them both when playing from scratch on that script. However, in 6 game days I didn't get a single good econ, bad econ, or kha'ak invasion BBS. Also I think it messes up the mission generator if you start from scratch with it. Every station I went to I had one of every mission type. It sounds fun but it gets tedious after a while trying to figure out which one will net you the most money or if you can multi-task 'em. YOu also get on average two lottery offers a station.

I went into the 440001 file and just changed the headlines of all the general news articles so I would quickly identify what was junk without having to actually remove them. I was getting the dynamic event BBS messages almost instantly that time.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”