Argon Prime protected from Kha'ak invasion?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Maninblack144
x3tc

Argon Prime protected from Kha'ak invasion?

Post by Maninblack144 » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 20:26

When I started a new game recently and was flying through Argon Prime and suddenly I saw Kha'ak capital ships :o

Now this is not strange, but I read everywhere on these forums that every sector who is victim of a Kha'ak invasion in the beginning of the game ends up completely destroyed.

The fact is that I went back to Argon Prime later on and everything was still there :o Not even a few stations were down, Argon One and stuff were still flying around...

This makes me wonder: Is Argon Prime somehow protected from the Kha'ak invasion? Or is it just like the sector can only die when you blast the heck out of it?
It's not like you ever had a choice to begin with.

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 20:33

the cap ship "argon one" = indestructible ....
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 20:36

In X3, the 5 races have upgraded their capital ships. So if a Kha'ak invasion occurs within a sector where there's a cap ship patrol, the Kha'ak will most often be destroyed. And as mentioned, Argon One is indestructible if you're playing a plot game, and so Argon Prime is even more special.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 20:37

Yes, the objects that are plot related are indestructable. It is to avoid breaking the plot missions.

But Argon One has help, often the Argon TL and maybe M6's, and certainly a bunch of fighters. They might have taken the Kha'ak out anyway. :)

Look to see if the Argon One has any hull left. If it does, then the indestructability never came into play. I don't think they regenerate.
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 23:11

Carl Sumner wrote:Yes, the objects that are plot related are indestructable. It is to avoid breaking the plot missions.

But Argon One has help, often the Argon TL and maybe M6's, and certainly a bunch of fighters. They might have taken the Kha'ak out anyway. :)

Look to see if the Argon One has any hull left. If it does, then the indestructibility never came into play. I don't think they regenerate.
Actually, the indestructibility comes into play at 95% Hull. Just like the 'named' helper for Xenon Invasion missions (which I always cheat out, not fair having an indestructible ally take the capital ship kills...). So if Argon One is sitting at 95% hull, then it probably lost it's shields, but was indestructible and won't go any lower. And then turned around and owned the Kha'ak.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 23:18

Carl Sumner wrote:..

But Argon One has help, often the Argon TL and maybe M6's, and certainly a bunch of fighters. They might have taken the Kha'ak out anyway. :)....
Pretty sure there's a Titan in there, too. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

Starfire Commander
x3tc

Post by Starfire Commander » Tue, 11. Mar 08, 23:25

Carl Sumner wrote:

But Argon One has help, often the Argon TL and maybe M6's, and certainly a bunch of fighters. They might have taken the Kha'ak out anyway. ....

Pretty sure there's a Titan in there, too.
And a basic Colossus, not to mention the argon patrols that fly through the core sectors(Novas etc).
-A wise man, in times of peace, prepares for war.

bent1ck
x3

Post by bent1ck » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 00:11

Besides "Argon One", check Argon Prime at any time and it'll be filled with dozens of Military fighters as well.

Problem with Khaak invasions are that because of the size of the X verse, you may not travel through the invaded sector till well after the Khaak have destroyed everything (Argon Prime) excluded, of course.

Maninblack144
x3tc

Right

Post by Maninblack144 » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 11:22

I see.

I was indeed playing a plot difficulty, and I can't reload a save of it because it was on my old computer, so no proof unfortunately.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 12:50

On the flip side of that Argon prime can be wiped out, I've seen it in my current game if Argon One is lured away off the map edge or into a corner. Whilst your IS the K are favoured immensely but as soon as you go OOS the invasion ends in short order.

http://img265.imageshack.us/img265/9713 ... 006xu1.jpg

Eventually it will just be an empty system with Argon one and whatever ships went with it to chase the scout or whatever.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

Maninblack144
x3tc

Lol

Post by Maninblack144 » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 15:05

:lol:

Did you play a plot difficulty or something else?

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 15:36

Vanilla, It's on Xtreme but that makes no difference.

All the spawns etc are totally random, I just seem to have had nothing but the high end of nastiness with the random stuff which suits me fine.

The drops from the M2's alone were enough to buy 3 new mercuries.
I turned that invasion to my advantage and scooped up 1.2k crystals in my first day amongst a ton of other stuff which helped nicely. :D

None of my other games have been quite as vindictive as this one but it's also been alot more fun than any of my others aswell.

Maninblack144
x3tc

Post by Maninblack144 » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 19:17

Actually I just discovered (when I was exploring the universe for my UT's) that one of the Kha'ak invasions started in Treasure Something, right next to a Xenon sector :lol:

I think I am going to scoop up some wares sometime...

BTW, will the Kha'ak ever go to another sector? It would be really nice if they invaded the Xenon sector and they all blow each other to pieces :D :D :D
Free guns anyone?

BTW2, I am running Vanilla, at the Quickstart difficulty (Haven't played for a couple of years :oops: )

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 19:23

I really don't know if they attack X sectors but at a guess I'd say yes it can happen, good luck on some pick ups.

Nowt wrong with playing Easy, it's your game - just enjoy it.

Word of caution, whilst I did do okay out of the attack, the lost crystal fab stations were replaced with quantum tube facts and rime facts which are pretty useless to the average player. I had to build my own replacements in the end.
Last edited by Lyth on Wed, 12. Mar 08, 19:27, edited 1 time in total.

ShoC
x4

Post by ShoC » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 19:24

Will the Khaak only invade once in a game??

I have not yet seen is so probably missed it.
wish God replaced the stations faster so Khaak could invade more...
they have had almost 1000 years to terraform Aldrin, why are they all still sitting around a giant rock?

Catra wrote:
because you cant terraform a rock.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 19:25

Maninblack144 wrote:Actually I just discovered (when I was exploring the universe for my UT's) that one of the Kha'ak invasions started in Treasure Something, right next to a Xenon sector :lol:

I think I am going to scoop up some wares sometime...

BTW, will the Kha'ak ever go to another sector? It would be really nice if they invaded the Xenon sector and they all blow each other to pieces :D :D :D
Free guns anyone?

BTW2, I am running Vanilla, at the Quickstart difficulty (Haven't played for a couple of years :oops: )
The Kha'ak in Treasure Chest (I assume) will stay there until destroyed. They don't gate travel to neighboring sectors. On the other hand, once destroyed, they supposedly respawn, eventually, in another sector, although some report many, many days between respawns.

As for attacking the Xenon, the Xenon would make very short work of the rather small Kha'ak task force. And it's perhaps why so many players report never seeing a Kha'ak invasion. They may initially spawn in a Xenon sector, get wiped out, and take a long time to respawn.

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 19:28

2 random sectors at a time apparently, repeatedly.

Maninblack144
x3tc

Post by Maninblack144 » Wed, 12. Mar 08, 19:32

Treasure Chest it was indeed :P

Oh, you may find it interesting to know I found the Kha'ak invasion in game day 1.

This doesn't rule out Xenon spawn though, maybe they jumpgated from the Xenon sector right next to it :?: :?: :?:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”