mammoth drilling laser!!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

demonzzz

mammoth drilling laser!!

Post by demonzzz » Fri, 14. Mar 08, 12:32

i have a mammoth setup for drilling asteroids, but when i get within the 1k mark of the asteroid, with the drilling laser mounted in the front i can not get it to fire.... why? Also even though i have all the software fitted it does not have break asteroids working ( greyed out!!!)

Oh and another note, boy was getting that M7 back in bali GI mssion tough, especially when you have XTend fitted, but what a ship!! lost 8 m3+ though in the fight and tons of damage to others. try it its a bitter fight all the way back.... about 2 hours GREAT!!! just need the niv and other stuff and i have my HQ. Wahooooo....

Oh how can you get all wingmen or any other ships that are docked in my M1's to disembark without ordering all off them separately? As you know you can order wingmen to go home why not leave home.... Any suggestions?

Ta :)
Go away im depressed enough already!

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Fri, 14. Mar 08, 12:35

You cannot fire from "cockpit" because all the weapons on a Mammoth are in turrets. Just position your Mammot in front of the rock, F1 to cycle the turrets. Once in the turret with the Mining laser you can fire it!
To mobile mine it needs Ore collector, Fight I and II, mineral scanner, Navigation and Special software. It should then work.

M1 will launch his homebased ships only if you are IS. If not, you can define leaders (Carrier commands from the bonus pack), have other M3s protect the leader M3, and order the leaders to protect your M1. Like this you are only giving the commands to the leaders and you do not have to access each ship separately.
Last edited by cezarip on Fri, 14. Mar 08, 12:45, edited 6 times in total.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

saber1
x3tc

Post by saber1 » Fri, 14. Mar 08, 12:38

As for the other question:
Get into Command Console of one docked ship and choose:
"Broadcast to all my docked ships"... or something like that.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”