Beta PSG oops

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Warlander
x3

Beta PSG oops

Post by Warlander » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 04:44

First off Nemesis + 8x beta PSG = lag its the first thing that has taxed my system ive never noticed a frame rate drop before but this ...hurt a bit.

and DONT! use these in range of friendly ships I fired and I head boom..boom...boom aaaggh etc etc etc over and over lol, I think its a bit to powerful lol.

Enemys would fly at me only to disintegrate before they got close but forget evading incoming fire its impossible to see past.

Overall my nemesis is now a neat overpowered expensive toy that might fun where theres no friendlys around.

beyer_garratt
x3

Post by beyer_garratt » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 05:49

PSG really are a specialized weapon, a bit unwieldy for general combat. I used a Gamma PSG to clean out an asteroid field that was causing problems.

I'd set up mining operations in a sector with only map asteroids. I found two low-yield asteroids and thought "Hmm, my miners will chew through a lot of rocks to get a full load, I'd better blow two up."

I set a M5 to blow the asteroids into collectible fragments. I cam back a few hours later to a huge field of rocks of negligible value that ate up my fps something shocking. I set weapons to Gamma PSG, duct-taped my trigger button open and went and had dinner while the ship idled through the asteroid field at about 4 frames per minute. I had the whole lot cleaned in only 6 hours. 8)
Q) What do you call an unimpressed Kha'ak scout?

A) A bemusa triangle!

Bazza's better PPC mod! - Makes flying a capital ship much more... satisfying.
Mergelsberg's Transport Drone & my own version. -M3 freighter for TL ships.

tranquilizer

Post by tranquilizer » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 07:07

i use 2x BPSG's on my main turret and i can still forgive my self if i hit some friendlies and loose license over it. it was worst when i thought i was pressing the ALT button for the video enhancement goggles to see what my freighters are doing, turned out i was pressing CTRL key and sprayed over the my own ships including the stations, some freighters are unshielded and werent lucky enough to survive.

i even had to repeatedly press the button because i thought the scope wasnt working. PSGs are so damn quiet

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”