What am I doing wrong with wingmen?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Phier
x3tc

What am I doing wrong with wingmen?

Post by Phier » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 18:00

So I have 3 M3's.

If I use the group commands from the bonus pack, I can oder them to do things and they work out well (though I've discovered that falcons and XTM orbital weapons platforms seem to be bugged a bit).

But then I decide to take the lead...

So I set my other two M3's to follow as wingmen.

I give them order to attack a blue, they ignore me. Not until the blue starts to fire back at me will they attack.

So are wingmen just hard coded to not attack blues?

I try to order them directly, no attack.

So are there any tricks to using wingmen?

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 18:07

Try changing their properties from command but I've never done what your saying so don't know if this will help, they shouldn't attack anything unless it's an enemy first.

Add: Fire a missile at the blue and set your wingmen to protect you or attack my target. If they don't attack it before hand they will charge it once it's red.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 18:55

ISTR that the "Attack Target" and "Protect Me" wingman orders are listed the wrong way round in the manual...check what they are in the control profile you have set up!

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 19:58

pjknibbs wrote:ISTR that the "Attack Target" and "Protect Me" wingman orders are listed the wrong way round in the manual...check what they are in the control profile you have set up!
Well when I look it says they are attacking my target, only they don't attack.

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Sat, 15. Mar 08, 20:37

Try setting their friend or foe settings so they view the blue as a red.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”