Kock invasions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Warlander
x3

Kock invasions

Post by Warlander » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 10:16

Ok so I finished the storyline a while ago, and im kinda well, directionless and having a hard time getting the factorys i build to make more than a trickle of income, after more than a week of playing with various facilitys not one has paid for itself .

So im kinda pissed off bored and dont know what to do, I want more story missions.

but that wont happen.

so do the kock still show up in random sectors ? i havnt seen any since i finished the storyline .

space feels boring and empty when it isnt full of kock.

oh but i did cap a kock interceptor with laser intact, kinda useless but a nice trinket anyways.

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 10:20

That's why script and mods are here : to make you feel less bore :)

beyer_garratt
x3

Post by beyer_garratt » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 10:28

Ah, fyi it's spelt Kha'ak. :wink:
Q) What do you call an unimpressed Kha'ak scout?

A) A bemusa triangle!

Bazza's better PPC mod! - Makes flying a capital ship much more... satisfying.
Mergelsberg's Transport Drone & my own version. -M3 freighter for TL ships.

Warlander
x3

Post by Warlander » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 10:29

nah scripts and mods if not officially suported wont go anywhere near my system, A cause i dont rust them B cause i feel like im cheating and C feel like im moving away from the intended purpose of the game.

I wouldnt be bored if i didnt have so much trouble with my stations making money I mean ive had a silicon mine setup on a 26y asteroid for over 30 rl hours of my game running and all its done is eat up %70 of my money i put into it then since then used up most of the remainder for what i dont know.

although the ship i gave that cag had a jumpdrive i think maybee he is spending to much on jumping I think I will take it away from him, infact I just feel like destroying all my stations and starting over , but im already short on pacience , i dont think i could play this game a second time lol.

Warlander
x3

Post by Warlander » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 10:31

beyer_garratt wrote:Ah, fyi it's spelt Kha'ak. :wink:
you just think that and besides Kock is clearly what they intended when they made the game.

hard to take a game serious when everytime anyone says Khaak you laugh.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 11:05

Warlander wrote:
you just think that and besides Kock is clearly what they intended when they made the game.

No.

1- it is spelt Kha'ak, though IIRC it was spelt Khaak in X2 but changed to Kha'ak in X3 to stop people thinking it's ****, and although I do have **** on my mind pretty much 100% of the time I've never considered Kha'ak or Khaak to be male genitalia.

2- as the company is based in Germany, it's highly likely that Kha'ak's pronunciation either means something completely different or means nothing at all.
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

adobis
x3tc

Post by adobis » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 11:21

Scripts and mods are not cheat :!: It's to make a longer life to the game and to experience new feelings!!
You should have find a better asteroid for your mine... You've a cag?! You use the Bonus pack?!!
I've never used it...

Oh and I've just understood the joke Khock and Khaak

:rofl:

beyer_garratt
x3

Post by beyer_garratt » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 11:37

Yes, some scripts are cheat scripts.

Most aren't.

They often add something that is completely balanced into the game, while some actually make it harder. There is one particular script around that greatly increases xenon and Kha'ak invasion strength, and that of the military powers. 8)
Q) What do you call an unimpressed Kha'ak scout?

A) A bemusa triangle!

Bazza's better PPC mod! - Makes flying a capital ship much more... satisfying.
Mergelsberg's Transport Drone & my own version. -M3 freighter for TL ships.

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 13:00

I've just figured out why my Girlfriend keeps wanting to go to a Kock sector.. :lol:

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 14:24

Can we avoid this thread descending into spam, please?

Lone Jedi
x3tc

Post by Lone Jedi » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 16:53

Trade, fight, build & think.

This is not a brainless arcade shooter game. It may not be suitable for someone who wants more babysitting than independent thinking.

Find your own goals. If you can't, find another game.
I live in my Vidar.

Laser hit efficiency: 97% @190,499 shots
Missile hit efficiency: 97% @4,204 missiles fired

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:12

Warlander wrote:

Since it's not spelt that way, and not pronounced that way in game, no.

It wasn't expecially funny in that review, and it's not funny now.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:30

ninjitsumonk wrote:2- as the company is based in Germany, it's highly likely that Kha'ak's pronunciation either means something completely different or means nothing at all.
Thats right, it is different in german.

A lot of companies have had problems with words meaning something completely different when they are in a different language. Try to sell a product internationally and it can be a real "minefield". :wink:

But it's only funny once. It's "old stuff." 8)
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:33

Apparently it is pronounced that way in the American version.

It amused me at first. For a few seconds...

Warlander
x3

Post by Warlander » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:36

Carlo the Curious wrote:
Warlander wrote:

Since it's not spelt that way, and not pronounced that way in game, no.

It wasn't expecially funny in that review, and it's not funny now.
I didnt see the review untill after i had the game, and if you listen to the english opening especially the president most people pronounce it kock.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:38

perkint wrote:Apparently it is pronounced that way in the American version.
Enough said...
Archeo Avis wrote:
if you take out phrasing and root notes and just look at the notes, they are the same
So what you're saying is, if you ignore everything that's different and focus only on the one thing that's the same, they're same.

Good God.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:53

Doesn't sound like it to me, and it doesn't change the fact that's not how it's spelt.

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 20:08

Carlo the Curious wrote:Doesn't sound like it to me, and it doesn't change the fact that's not how it's spelt.
Yeah, you've got that right, I've never thought of it as ****, and tbh I never will. The fact that it isn't even spelt that way, or even anywhere near that way(kha'ak and **** are quite different in spelling and phonetics) means that it hasn't got anything to do with ****, period.
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

Mergelsberg
x3tc

Post by Mergelsberg » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 04:39

I always thought it had a striking resemblance to a 3 letter word we here use to rather crudely refer to feces.
Which does quite fit with my opinion on them :p

ninjitsumonk
x3

Post by ninjitsumonk » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 17:42

Doesn't change the fact that it's not their races name and hence any other term would be derogerotory(ignore the spelling, you all know what I mean :)) of them.

Considering also we have no idea what "Terran Conflict" (note the conflict bit!!!) will have in store for us, I suggest we give them the benefit of the doubt :P.
Archeo Avis wrote:

Good God.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”