System Override Software?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Gandalf The White
x3

System Override Software?

Post by Gandalf The White » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 11:50

hi,

where could i obtain this from? i know it says from pirate factions, but there's not anything at a pirate base?? where would i need to go in order to obtain 1 and how would i get aboard the station if for what ever reason i'm refused? is it a script that i have to install??

many thanks.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

demonzzz

Ummmmm

Post by demonzzz » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 12:07

Ummmm me too i would like to know all that stuff as well
Go away im depressed enough already!

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 12:08

The normal "System Override Software" is in the vanilla version of X3 and it is considered illegal. So watch for the police or don't use it. You can buy that at every pirate base, that's where I saw it at least.

There are scripts which enable the same functionality, Cycow's Salvage Claim Software for example. This is not illegal but costs a lot more. It can be bought at pirate bases too.

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 12:14

right. so would they scan you for it or would they have to see you use it in order to react to it.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 12:18

I think it is the same as with other illegal products. They scan you and then they fire at you. In the end, you don't have to drink space fuel, it's enough to smuggle it... :lol:

beyer_garratt
x3

Post by beyer_garratt » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 12:30

PROTIP: Having the software installed on a scout ship docked in your hangar bay as opposed to directly into your own ship, will avoid having to shoot up the local police forces more than is required. :D
Q) What do you call an unimpressed Kha'ak scout?

A) A bemusa triangle!

Bazza's better PPC mod! - Makes flying a capital ship much more... satisfying.
Mergelsberg's Transport Drone & my own version. -M3 freighter for TL ships.

Starfire Commander
x3tc

Post by Starfire Commander » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 13:03

PROTIP: Having the software installed on a scout ship docked in your hangar bay as opposed to directly into your own ship, will avoid having to shoot up the local police forces more than is required.
Exactly, I've got on in a pirate buster that is docked in my Hyperion. the police scan the Hyperion and find nothing wrong. I them either use the buster or fright exchage it to the Hyperion for capping.
-A wise man, in times of peace, prepares for war.

aurora3000gt
x3

Post by aurora3000gt » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 14:21

i read something somewhere that said you could buy a I.D. scrambler at some pirate bases so when the police scan you nothing illegal shows up...where can I find this and what is it called?

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 15:14

build it myself wrote:i read something somewhere that said you could buy a I.D. scrambler at some pirate bases so when the police scan you nothing illegal shows up...where can I find this and what is it called?
Software Certificate Scrambler. Available from the BBS on pirate stations (random).

Tim

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:02

Software Signature Scrambler - it only masks SOS, as far as I know.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 18:24

SCS, SSS - whichever ;)

Yes - it only works for the SOS, not everything ilegal.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”