Newbie question about bidding on Avarice

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Shinryu85

Newbie question about bidding on Avarice

Post by Shinryu85 » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 20:32

Hello,

Well I am kinda confuse about it, how am i suppose to bid on it? I am on gameday 7 and I sometimes see some BBS about Avarice, and that the current bid for it is 110m, but it never gave me an option to bid on it.

Vanilla X3 game btw
Thanks for your help
Lulz

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 20:36

You can not bid unless the price go past 600M.
Right on commander !

Artemis404
x3tc

Post by Artemis404 » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 20:38

When it eventually gives you the chance to bid there'll be an option in the BBS message.

Until that appears just save cash like made. 600M is the minimum you'll get it for.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 20:38

Once the bid gets to 600million you'll get the option to bid at every station you dock at. If you place a bid and get outbid you'll be messaged regardless of where you are, iirc.

Shinryu85

Post by Shinryu85 » Sun, 16. Mar 08, 20:43

wow, thanks for the fast reply :D
Lulz

somalezulus

Post by somalezulus » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 01:22

Are you REALLY sure you want to spend 600M or more for a completely empty sector? With no stations and no asteroids in it? What's wrong with Unknown Sectors? They are free and are rarely ever visited by Yaky's, Pirates or Xennons. And never more than 4 M5 or 3M5+1M4.
That Telady snake sells that sector because it is constantly patroled by Pirate Partyes (2-3 Nova or Falcon + a few harriers) and Xennon P Patrols (1 P, 2-3 L, 2-3 LX and a few Ms and Ns).
If you want to make a snake rich in exchange for choosing a name for a sector and getting a station of 30M worth, well, It's your money and your choice!
Ender of the Xennons, loosing fleet after fleet against the Khaak.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 02:17

somalezulus wrote:That Telady snake sells that sector because it is constantly patroled by Pirate Partyes (2-3 Nova or Falcon + a few harriers) and Xennon P Patrols (1 P, 2-3 L, 2-3 LX and a few Ms and Ns).
Is this right? I've never seen a Xenon patrol in there (OK, I don't spend all my time camped out in there...) and where are they heading for? Are they heading for Xenon 101? If so, I assume they always get wasted in LofH?

Tim

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 02:54

Some Xenons make their way from Xenonsector 347 through avarice. BUT: Avarice is nearly perfectly in the center of the universe, every Race is reached within a few jumps, it just have two gates, which make it easy to protect from unwanted invaders, and the sectors around it contains enough silicon to build up closed-loop complexes to produce most of the things you need to build your own fleet.
Of course it is expensive, but I don't think it's useless.
Of course you can setup your HQ in it without buying the sector, but on the other hand, the game is about property... I like to have an own sector ;).

TerrorTrooper
x4

Post by TerrorTrooper » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 03:30

Avarice is Purely about Bragging Rights...
and your name in the bottom corner of the sector map.

I saved like hell for it, after it came up for auction and bought it.
I was kinda dissapointed...

1st, i didnt name it, i got the option to choose from 5 names.
(i chose Redemption)

2nd. My HQ was already there, i just inherited the Teladi Trading station.
(whitch to be honest, ive never found a use for with my HQ being so close. it was actually more usefull for me when it was Teladi owned for equiping ships with Tunings.)

3rd. It has no asteroids,

4th. As i cannot buy a police licence for my own sector.. (lol)
If i scan someone, they turn hostile.

All in all, it wasnt worth the 700 million or more i paid for it..
even the bragging rights alone arnt worth more than 100 mill

Finaly :- If your pretty new to the game, its extremely unlikely you will be able to raise that sorta cash...

Psycho0124

Post by Psycho0124 » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 04:27

Gate distance seems to be a little extreme in the sector. I would prefer a sector with lots of gates in close proximity. Patrols and satellites can cover the entire area of a smaller system like Presidents End (can those station hulks be destroyed btw?).

Also there is no easy access to jump drives from this sector. The closest in Alycium of Light would require a pass through a xenon sector and its a long haul to the Terracorp Station.

As for the lack of asteroids, there is a solution:
Spoiler
Show
You can jump an asteroid from ANY sector if you own your own jump-drive equipped TL. Save before trying this of course. First, be in the sector of the asteroid you want to mine and have the correct mine in the TLs cargo bay. Order the TL to jump to the system that you want to move the asteroid to. As the ships computer counts down to the jump, open up the freight menu, select the build option on the mine and select the asteroid you want to jump. DO NOT DOUBLE-CLICK it yet; just select it. When you hear the ships computer call out "Jumping", click the roid again. The asteroid and mine will appear in the new sector. Just tow it to the location you want and build your complex!

I know it seems a little cheat-ish but consider this: the event horizon of a wormhole should not be able to differentiate ships from other kinds of matter or energy. A wormhole is simply bent space-time. An asteroid should be no different to a gate than a ship. With the gate network in the X-series, you should be able to relocate asteroids anyway. I consider this method nothing more than a workaround of an oversight in the games plot and mechanics. Just my humble noob opinion. :P

Santyx

Post by Santyx » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 12:37

But how do you get a TL with a jumpdrive? You can't dock to stations with TL's, right?

edammer
xr

Post by edammer » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 13:04

Either freight transfer or use the Supply ship command.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 13:25

TLs can dock at shipyards and equipment docks. The Terracorp HQ is an equipment dock that sells jumpdrives, so if all else fails, you could get one there; probably easier to just buy a jumpdrive with some other ship, dock it at the TL, and then do a freight transfer as suggested by edammer.

edammer
xr

Post by edammer » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 15:56

The main thing I'm looking to do with my first TL is create a fleet of supply M5's -> Transporters, jumpdrives, Trader Mk3 and special command software.

Use these to get new TS ships ready to go as ST.

Same process used to get the TL jumpready in the first place.

Santyx

Post by Santyx » Mon, 17. Mar 08, 16:01

Ah, that really makes my day. Thanks guys. :)

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 18. Mar 08, 01:06

perkint wrote:Is this right? I've never seen a Xenon patrol in there (OK, I don't spend all my time camped out in there...) and where are they heading for? Are they heading for Xenon 101? If so, I assume they always get wasted in LofH?
Well, I have now. One of my UT's just got attacked by a Xenon P in Aladna Hill. Guess they don't always get wasted in LofH :(

Tim

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Tue, 18. Mar 08, 02:59

Xenon patrols can pass through outlying defended sectors if they don't do anything else. I just caught a fast moving patrol that went straight through Ocean of fantasy and the patroling capital ship didn't do anything to them. granted it probably would not have caught them but it SEEMED to be ignoring them.

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Tue, 18. Mar 08, 03:46

perkint wrote:Well, I have now. One of my UT's just got attacked by a Xenon P in Aladna Hill. Guess they don't always get wasted in LofH :(
It might have come from 101 rather than 347. I've seen Xenon patrols enter Aladna Hill via the west gate, and there's less to stop them in NM and HF than in LoH.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”