XI in Split Territory?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

phoenix-it
x3tc

XI in Split Territory?

Post by phoenix-it » Fri, 21. Mar 08, 19:22

I have yet to find a XI mission at a split station, out of several games. Do they happen there at all? My Split rep could use a boost...

:?

Lyth
x4

Post by Lyth » Fri, 21. Mar 08, 19:27

Yeah, it's just random which location/race it will be at. They do happen.
Take it easy, If you can't - Take it by force.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 21. Mar 08, 19:31

Split XIs happen in Thyn's Abyss. Check around there and hope. Game before last they were the most common ones I took. This game, rarer. Random cycles in random numbers!

M

phoenix-it
x3tc

Post by phoenix-it » Fri, 21. Mar 08, 20:00

I usually just fly into the trading station and check then jump to the next area. So far most of the ones I find are in Scale Plate Green and Eighteen Billion. There's been one in Getsu, two in Melaniuses Paradise (sp?), and one in Black Hole Sun.

I'm only 2.5 days into this game... I just bought my Orca and need more $$. I've got a few factories, but need to expand some more. Doesn't help that I ran into a couple stray LX's at about 1.5 days and ended up getting a cap with 5% hull. It cost me 4.5M to repair it.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 21. Mar 08, 23:24

XIs are certainly the fastest money spinner but if you get that Orca fitted with a jump drive and fuelled it is great for helping you cap pirates and Xenon in the area. No more having it blown up by a Harrier one jump from the shipyard!

If you are doing this then one thing I have started to find fun is to leave a pair of TSs and an M3/4 mining while I hunt out BBS. Slow but steady money and it clears sectors of rocks, slowly.

Good luck.

M

cyrillemaz
x3

Post by cyrillemaz » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 02:14

Hi, sorry for the noob question but...
What is XI ?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 02:18

Xenon Invasion missions. You can get them near most Xenon sectors. The Xenon send a horde of fighters, and later on with increasing combat rank, K and J's, to a neighboring sector. Your job is to help eliminate them.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 02:22

Xeon Invasion :twisted:

They invade sectors 1 way from their sectors. The race offers you cash to help. You also get a good rep boost also. You get paid by the kill. With the Caps paying the most.

As your fighting rank gets high(mine's not) enough a Jummpin J joins the fun.

cyrillemaz
x3

Post by cyrillemaz » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 02:40

Ho yes thanks, i have completed one yesterday :) I have kill 18 Xenon ship and gain about 850 000 credits :)

somalezulus

Post by somalezulus » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 13:39

At the Conqueror fight rank they send 2 Ks instead of fighters. Also there are 2 or 3 Jumping Js jumping alternatively. So you have to kill the jumper 2 or 3 times untill peace comes again... PAX ROMANA.
30 millions per mission, usually :wink:
Ender of the Xennons, loosing fleet after fleet against the Khaak.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 12. Apr 08, 19:56

somalezulus wrote:At the Conqueror fight rank they send 2 Ks instead of fighters. Also there are 2 or 3 Jumping Js jumping alternatively.
And the best bit is that they only carry 125MJ shields in slots that can take 1GJ shields. No flaks either. A few thunderbolts will earn you 6 million a ship.

M

somalezulus

Post by somalezulus » Mon, 14. Apr 08, 14:23

Yes, you are probably right. But I am happy with it as it is! :wink:
Allready obliterated this race from my game (helped by some scripts). I mean, killed the hard way all of the Xennon's ships and stations, then used a script to stop their respawning. So, the XI is just a pale remembering of those bloody old days... You say it is too pale... :( Maybe you are right... So I am still trying to increase my fight rank to get more bloody XI! And crush those bastards!
Ender of the Xennons, loosing fleet after fleet against the Khaak.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”