Wingmen

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HPCBuzz

Wingmen

Post by HPCBuzz » Mon, 24. Mar 08, 12:30

I found an unoccupied Buster by sheer chance while trying to find a gate. I designated him as my wingman ... how does this actually work?

Shannon Maricle
x3tc

Post by Shannon Maricle » Mon, 24. Mar 08, 14:15

You can give them quick orders like Protect Me, and Attack Target. More info in the game manual on Wingmen.

Most dont bother because they dont last long in some battles. They are pretty much fodder, unless you get the Fight Command Software MkIII script. Then they actually do really well.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 24. Mar 08, 14:43

- if the Buster was abandoned, chances are it will be badly damaged..
- the speed restriction will render it pretty much useless as a wingman..

- get it to a shipyard for repairs, etc
- the Buster's a brilliant little ship, BTW
- well worth hanging onto.. :D

BTW - the default Wingman keyboard commands are:
SHIFT+6 = Wingman attack my target
SHIFT+7 = Wingman protect me
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

spudsman
x3tc

Post by spudsman » Mon, 24. Mar 08, 15:15

The default wingman commands are useful but somewhat limited. If you capture/find/purchase any more M4's, use the Group Hot Keys and Group Management System (both part of the Bonus Pack) to execute more advanced tactics like splitting your wingmen into two groups and assign one group to protect a freighter while another follows you to attack.

But the basic wingman commands should work well enough in minor scraps as both systems allow you to get ships following you to concentrate their fire on a particular target.

HPCBuzz

Post by HPCBuzz » Mon, 24. Mar 08, 20:42

ok thanks for the help.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”