Turn on Shadows

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Locksley
x3tc

Turn on Shadows

Post by Locksley » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 18:42

Well, I believe I remember correctly when I say that before the game were patched you had shadows on and from most objects.

Now I can see why they would disable that to make a gain in FPS but is there any way to get em back? Maybe a exe switch i.e. X3Reunion.exe - s (you know the kind :P)

I got everything on max (more even since I force some graphic settings through my driver) but I'll gladly lower some to get my shadows back :D.

Cheers!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 30. Mar 08, 21:26

You do not remember correctly. The sort of shadows you're talking about were present in X2, but for some reason the X3 graphics engine has never been capable of them. And this isn't a tech support issue, so I'll move it.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 31. Mar 08, 09:54

Ah damn :( And I thought it was a recolection from when I tested X3 when I got it and found I needed a better g.card and thus shelved it for over a year.

:( Dynamic shadows - where art thou? *sob sob*

Well, no point in crying over spillt milk.

Anyone think there is an possibility to add fake shadows to the mines in the game? Can you import the offending models and add a semi transparent fake shadow. Hmm, things to think about. Then again it's only a minor cosmetic thingie so I might leave it as it is and play the game instead :P

mikhailskatchkov
x3ap

Post by mikhailskatchkov » Sun, 6. Dec 15, 22:38

Ive been wondering, how similar are the X3 and Rebirth engines, maybe something can be taken from Rebirth and moved to X3AP to activate shadows?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 7. Dec 15, 10:27

X Rebirth and X3 have completely different engines. They are not compatible with each other.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”