Random Nividium clusters?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

aksele9
x3

Random Nividium clusters?

Post by aksele9 » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 16:43

Hi all,

I've been posting this before, and the replies were "don't know, is not possible AFAIK, debris is generated randomly"
Spoiler
Show
Well, I ve started a new game, this time using Nividium's Autodebris Harvesters. First I went to the Unknown sector NW of Getsu. Smashed the roids, collected all the Nividium and sold it it in Boron shipyards in tens of Manta haulers IIRC - for astonishing 1,1 bil credits.

Next went to Scale Plate Green, where the largest deposits of Nividium debris should be, according to Bunny's guide and all others. Found 300 units of Nividium - and that's it. Searched all other mapped deposits, wich were mentioned in the guide. There was 100-300 units of Nividium in each of those sectors.
So, is it randomly generated after all? Mind you, this is the third time ina row iz happened to me.

[added spoiler tags--PJK]

anneonemous
x3tc

Post by anneonemous » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 18:54

This needs some spoiler tags.

AoN

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 20:12

Sounds about right - the guide I saw said there were only a few hundred units in each sector with stuff in. Whereas I am still mining my Nividium asteroid almost a game-day after I blew it up!!

M

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 20:45

I haven't hit the two big ones yet in this game yet. But the smaller rocks gave above average compared to bunny's lists. About 80 to 120 units.
Spoiler
Show
Spaceweed Drift was under about 50 units

Storm666
x3tc

Post by Storm666 » Sat, 5. Apr 08, 22:20

Spoiler
Show
the SPG cluster is one of the big ones... over 14,000 wafers
unless the Autoharvesters script changes this? check the scripting forum

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 12:10

Thanks for the replies.

Maybe it is really an autoharvester script thingie, I even think it has something to do with bunny's attack rock comand. Will check in SM section.

Edit: Maphys, how much have you collected this far?
Spoiler
Show
You see, I went in myself and horneted the roids, then manually broke some bigger rocks into collectibles, the jumped out of the sector and let the Attack rock commanded disco do the job. The thing is: those Nvidium roids were in close proximity to others, and OOS I noticed, that the rock breaker was constantly moving from one nav sat (that I placed where the roids were) to another, hitting few rocks, then going idle, until Autoharvester collects. It lasts for allmost two game days now.

Is it possible, that some kind of vanilla engine rules step in and respawn some of the collectible rocks, which were destroyed due to collisions when I was IS, but in greater volume? I dont see any other explanation.

Also, first time I have got the same amount from debris in SPG, and in all other sectors it was like 300 units per sector, as for the three roids in unknown sector - that time they brought in only 12000 units.

Its mind boggling, because everyone keep saying "check the guids, such are the rules" and the guides are simply wrong in my case.

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 16:57

I don't know much about Nividium, but have some anecdotal evidence that suggests the arrangement of goodies varies a bit from game to game:
Spoiler
Show
After stumbling across a couple of crates of Concussion Impulse Generators, I decided to collect them all, using the guide in apricotslice's handbook. The guide lists 10 sectors that are supposed to have 2 CIG's each. I did end up with 20 CIG's, but the number of CIG's in each sector varied from 0 to 4. With the exception of the sector with no CIG's, the crates were all where the guide said they'd be, so the locations didn't change -- just the distribution across them.

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 17:09

Thanks for you contribution, ephemeron. This principle is obviously valid, as the locations were not changed in my game.

Mayžbe its time for me to become a founder of some mystical X-sect, with a motto "a man fears things he cannot understand" :P

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 17:33

Hi,

When mobile mining, the rocks can actually be destroyed when shooting them, rather than just broken up small enough. I'm not sure whether this affects the AI or just player (ie random or just if you shoot one that's already small enough to collect) but they will respawn if hit with a mining laser but not anything else. That might introduce some differences between what's in the guides and what you get.

Tim

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 17:34

Mayžbe its time for me to become a founder of some mystical X-sect, with a motto "a man fears things he cannot understand"
The Church of the Random Number Generator?

"All hail thy jumbled sequences.
No pirates bail for a month,
And then I get so many I can't claim them all.
My Traders make seven million,
Then run into a Kha'ak invasion.
I stare into thine random events and BBS messages,
And divine my own rules on capping and economics,
And defend them in face of all evidence,
In thy name, Amen."

M

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 17:35

@Maphys - nice I like that prayer :D

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Sun, 6. Apr 08, 17:48

maphys - great! don't be suprised when a battered Goner priest knocks on your door asking for donations :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”