Xenon invasions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

grunt-1
x3

Xenon invasions

Post by grunt-1 » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 00:21

hey anyone know the average ammount of money killing xenon ships in the invasions give like killing xenon k,j etc
wat is up gamers

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 00:29

i dont think there is an average, i believe it depends on your fight rank and your race rank with the race that gave you the XI. the higher the rank, the more combatand ships, and more reward you get, but as i said this is as far as i know

Legionnaire

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 01:16

jlehtone wrote:

Code: Select all

J = 8.306.494cr
K = 5.932.199cr
L =    62.587cr
M =    40.502cr

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 07:17

And your ranks don't affect it at all, except inasmuch as a higher combat rank provides more targets and thus more potential earnings.

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 17:37

If you want the most money, go to an XI with a M1 with fighters. Every kill they score will go to your name. And that means more creditsssssss.

However, don't fight with an M6. They cant carry fighters, and are slow to move and turn. If the Xenon turn their fire off that invincible "helper ship", and onto your M6, you're screwed.

If you don't have an M1 or an M2 (you'll want one when J's and K's come out, use an M3 Nova Raider or a Mamba Raider. They are fast, agile, have turrets to defend against missiles, and can catch some N's and M's. If you are fighting M's, set your turret to missle defense. Those M4's will spam you with missiles easily.

A few more things. As soon as the accept the XI mission, save. If you don't and get killed, the BBS boards will usually reset themselves when you reload (though I got lucky once when I reloaded). I can't say it enough. A lot of credits can be made from these missions if you can fight well. Also, if you are out gunned, fly at full speed toward the defense ships. Nomally, they spawn too far away from the main battle to fight. Just speed toward them, and they'll fire on any Xenon chasing you.

However, one time in Scale Plate Green, two defense corvettes joined without me leading any Xenon, which was interesting. Also, two helper fighters showed up, as well as the corvette. :?

Hope these pointers help

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 18:25

tbh, since i'm lazy and you all know that:

xi = stock up with tempests in my tempest-warehouse (a dolphin supferfreighter 14k) and let them fly ...

since they are on zero costs ... uhm, i don't care =)
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 21:28

silenced wrote:since they are on zero costs ... uhm, i don't care =)
Technically not so - you've lost the potential profit from the sale of all those missiles...

Missiles are not for firing, they are for selling!
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

somalezulus

Post by somalezulus » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 21:47

I have a battle rank that allows me to find 2 Ks spawned instantly and 2 or 3 Js fading in and out untill I catch them. Never had any problem "solving" that situation in a Hype maxed out with HEPTs. Still teleporting once or twice out of combat to dock at an Equipment Dock for fast shield recharging, then back to fight.
Spoiler
Show
Buying even the smallest shield will instantly recharge all your shields. Then the bought one can be resold for the same price before undocking.
The only frustration is that Js fade out pretty fast, so it is hard to catch them before they dissapear again. For those 4-5 capitol ships + a number of Ls and Ms I usually get 30-33 millions. Hope that helps. The rank is named "Conqueror".
Ender of the Xennons, loosing fleet after fleet against the Khaak.

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 23:13

jlehtone wrote:

Code: Select all

J = 8.306.494cr
K = 5.932.199cr
L =    62.587cr
M =    40.502cr
:gruebel:

I just finished an XI mission in my Hyperion. Took out the K first, then 10 L's & M's. Only got about 650,000 cr. I didn't see anyone helping with the K so it must have been a freak stray shot that took it out.

:evil:
This is only a virtual reality.

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 23:20

I just finished an XI mission in my Hyperion. Took out the K first, then 10 L's & M's. Only got about 650,000 cr. I didn't see anyone helping with the K so it must have been a freak stray shot that took it out.
Best way is to take out the shields and then ram it, that way you guarantee you get the kill :wink:
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 23:21

Happens occasionally. Oftentimes it's one of his own guys trying to shoot you that finishes the K off. It's why I like to use a Thunderbolt or Tempest as the coup de grace. :fg:

Ah well, only 8-12 hours to go and you can try another one. With a bit of work, you'll also have a higher combat rank, and hence get a Jumpin' J to go along with the K. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 03:59

Nanook wrote:
Ah well, only 8-12 hours to go and you can try another one. With a bit of work, you'll also have a higher combat rank, and hence get a Jumpin' J to go along with the K. :D
It takes 8-12 hours for another XI to appear on BBS Boards?

Torpor
x4

Post by Torpor » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 04:19

i thinkbetween 7 and 8 hours a new XI iss apperaing
in one of 6 sectors
cant tell you the english names, i'm german :D
if you dont have an m7 oder m27m1, get an LX or perhaps a perseus raider
put a few hammerheads/unknown objects in it
ai on a K or J
fire
turn your ship
hit sinza
wait
BOOOOOM
this rocket kills 1,25 GJ in a radius of nearly 1km :D
Wir sind ***Modified***. Ergeben Sie sich.
Wir werden ihre technologischen und kulturellen Aspekte den unseren hinzufügen.
Widerstand ist zwecklos.

please excuse my bad english. no native speaker, but german forum is dying ;P

Kryten
x4

Post by Kryten » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 09:00

Also, getsu fune is the best place for them, you allways get 2 ks, that is of course if your at the stage where your getting at least one.
X2 Vet
X3 Recruit
[ external image ]
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 21:13

Kryten wrote:Also, getsu fune is the best place for them, you allways get 2 ks, that is of course if your at the stage where your getting at least one.
I don't think the sector makes any difference to that - it is associated with your battle rank and (I think) nothing else.

Tim

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 21:47

What he means is that you always get an extra K in Getsu Fune compared to what you would have in any other sector at the same combat rank.

hobi
x3tc

Post by hobi » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 21:50

perkint wrote:
Kryten wrote:Also, getsu fune is the best place for them, you allways get 2 ks, that is of course if your at the stage where your getting at least one.
I don't think the sector makes any difference to that - it is associated with your battle rank and (I think) nothing else.
Getsu Fune is an exception. There you get (n+1) K's if n is the number you get according to your rank. And I don't know why people like to use M2's or many wingman or lots of missiles, for me it makes most fun in a good old Nova Vanguard. If I loose patience I can still
Spoiler
Show
go to the Xenon sector and kill the J's with Hammerheads
. But this costs you money and rank increase.

Cheers,
Hobi
Spelling is a gift - I am german I don´t like Gift ;)

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 22:11

it's always fun to have a xi in getsu fune with low rank, had 4 M + 1K + jumping J ... DON'T ASK WHY ! ... i don't know ôô
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 22:24

perkint wrote:
Getsu spawns extra Ks on XIs, in my experience. No idea why.

I've seen 10Ks at once in Getsu - admittedly, that was a XI and XTM at the same time :p (bad plan, btw - that much GPPC fire killed my frame rate).

autosave22
x3tc

Post by autosave22 » Wed, 9. Apr 08, 00:37

I'd just had a tough time building a complex to supply my PHQ - so I sought out the next XI for some light relief.

Who do I get as "invincible helper?" - The Paranid.

Oh, and of course they came with their oh-so-helpful, friendly-fire, trigger-happy Nemesis.

Grr - If it was my sector, I'd be radioing them to let them know that we are in fact fine. These Invading xenon are going to be no problem whatsoever. Thanks for the offer of help, but really, it's no bother. We'll take care of things here. Off you all go and "help" some other, unfortunate, sector. Ya clumsy *****.

Bah! I reloaded and got the Boron. Hooray - more kills, more profitsss, less dodging the stupid PSG mushroom o' death.

</rant>

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”