Sector Auction

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Radeghast
x3

Sector Auction

Post by Radeghast » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 14:21

Hi all

Does the sector auction board message only stay for a certain time ?

I've not see it for ages now that I am starting to have enough money to think about getting involved.

Cheers

Rad

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 14:23

Until around day 20, iirc.

In my current game there was a long period when it didn't offer me the chance to bid anymore, but it came back eventually. You'll get a message if someone else wins the auction.

Krytonic
x4

Post by Krytonic » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 15:14

you can buy a sector? i didnt even know this O.o what boards do the auctions normally show at?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 15:26

All boards, which I find quite irritating. I wouldn't mind if they limited themselves to Trading Stations, but when you've no intention of paying
Spoiler
Show
650,000,000cr
for vacuum you can build in whether you own it or not, the messages get in the way of seeking missions.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

silenced
x4

Post by silenced » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 15:31

you cannot miss those messages and you'll love them, really

i miss a button that says: "i do not want to buy that frikkin' sector, leave me alone with your frikkin' messages"

however, cheapest available is 615.000.000cr
Spoiler
Show
save'n'reload helps
... what is a drop of rain, compared to the storm? ... what is a thought, compared to the mind? ... our unity is full of wonder which your tiny individualism cannot even conceive ... I've heard it all before ... you're saying nothing new ... I thought I saw a rainbow ... but I guess it wasn't true ... you cannot make me listen ... I cannot make you hear ... you find your way to heaven ... I'll meet you when you're there ...

Krytonic
x4

Post by Krytonic » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 15:41

are there not anything extra you get out of owning a sector? like taxes from the NPC stations or anything else?

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 15:48

You get a
Spoiler
Show
Trading Station
and
Spoiler
Show
You get to name the sector.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 16:01

esd wrote:All boards, which I find quite irritating.
I found it immensly irritating, enough so that I ended up buying the place just to get rid of the BBS spam.
Expensive, but worth it once the subsequent BBS messages telling me I'd just bought the place :evil: finally stopped appearing.

Krytonic
x4

Post by Krytonic » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 16:27

GCU Grey Area wrote:
esd wrote:All boards, which I find quite irritating.
I found it immensly irritating, enough so that I ended up buying the place just to get rid of the BBS spam.
Expensive, but worth it once the subsequent BBS messages telling me I'd just bought the place :evil: finally stopped appearing.
im having trouble finding the message to buy one! lol

parameter
x3tc

Buy a sector

Post by parameter » Mon, 7. Apr 08, 17:44

esd wrote:You get a
Spoiler
Show
Trading Station
and
Spoiler
Show
AND
Spoiler
Show
You get to welcome the inevitable Kha'ak/Xenon/Pirate swarms!
:lol:
veneratio supernus omni

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 00:19

esd wrote:You get a
Spoiler
Show
Trading Station
and
Spoiler
Show
No.
Spoiler
Show
You do not get to name the sector. You only get to choose from a small list of possible names.
This is only a virtual reality.

Fresshness

Post by Fresshness » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 01:02

incidently, if you do not want to spend that much cash (bear in mind the cash earlier mentioned is the bear minimum, aka chances are good you are gonna pay 30% more)...

you could install roguey's mod, which offer 3 more buyable sectors
Spoiler
Show
including a cheap one for a mere +100Million

perkint
x3tc

When does the auction for Avarice end (answers may be considered spoilers!)

Post by perkint » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 01:25

Hi folks,

When does the auction end? I am currently on day 13 (well, near as damn it) and am running on the assumption that I'm OK to not bid until around day 16, at least.

Which leads on to a related point. The reason I'm leaving it later is because I'm hoping that joining the bidding nearer the end gives less time for the price to increase. Is this a purely futile hope?

And I know it is arguable as to whether there is any real value to buying it, but I had nowhere near enough money to first (and only other) time I played X3, so this time I want it!

:D

Tim

[Edit] Sorry - when I posted this as a separate thread I was thinking that I was asking something different (does it affect the value by waiting). Not surprised it got (quickly!) moved :oops:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 02:41

The one time I bid, and won, Avarice, I did it just as soon as I first could bid. And I got it for the minimum of 615 million. But I've heard of others bidding early and not getting it until after several rounds, and several hundred million, later. I personally think it's just like most of these kinds of things in the game; there's a very high degree of randomness.

As for how long, I believe it's in the range of 20-25 days that people have reported being spammed by theses messages. They didn't want to, and never did bid, so the messages just kept coming. So I'd say if you have enough cash by day 16, you'll be just fine. And I won't even impugn your business acumen by questioning why you're gonna let some low-life bankrupt Teladi sell you the Brooklyn Bridge, err, the sector Avarice. After all, you have to ask yourself why she went bankrupt. :wink:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

999jefro
x4

Post by 999jefro » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 13:34

argh FFS i now have 700m and am gonna bid
Spoiler
Show
650m
on the sector so i can move in my 3 heavly loaded TLs and place my dam stations AND I CANNOT FIND THE MESSAGE ON BBS!!! ive checked in several different stations (flying around new income and montalaar) I am on day 14 in game what am i doing wrong please help?

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 15:32

999jefro - your signature is a bit impolite IMHO.

999jefro
x4

Post by 999jefro » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 17:09

aksele9 wrote:999jefro - your signature is a bit impolite IMHO.
WOAH? i like to invade ppls privacy. What can i say? xD

(btw just in case ur worryed nobody else can see what u see on the note it will just show THERE info)

aksele9
x3

Post by aksele9 » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 18:48

I am not worried and I know how it works, come on. It is just not polite, that is all. Your reactions tells me a lot about you, so it's OK, I can see you too :P

Edit: would like to know mod's opinion on the staff anyway :D

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 18:58

I don't think think the sig is impolite, unless you thought it meant you'd been hacked or something. Bit pointless, but then most sigs are (like mine! :p).
ive checked in several different stations (flying around new income and montalaar) I am on day 14 in game what am i doing wrong please help?
I wouldn't worry about it - as I said earlier it did that for me as well but showed up again eventually.

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Tue, 8. Apr 08, 19:04

If you have an issue with someone's signature, please PM a moderator about it instead of dragging it out in a thread.

In my opinion there's nothing wrong with it - they're old and a little cliché, but they don't cause any harm. They also get things wrong, particularly the ISP if it goes through a different ISP's route or are a reseller.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”