Idea for Aegis Command Software

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BrigandPhantos
x2

Idea for Aegis Command Software

Post by BrigandPhantos » Wed, 16. Apr 08, 15:30

I posted this on DevNet, but think this could be implemented by the community as well if someone's interested. It may or may not be a challenge to you, and I apologize if any of this comes across as broken thoughts.

My idea I posted
This software would be implimented on capital ships only.

The idea of this software is quick change and quick response to differentiating threats during combat.

This software would have 2 primary functions. Scan the nearest target to it's firing arc, and swap in the proper weapon to deal with it.

You would first purchase this expensive software at an equipment dock, I would suggest about 12 million credits for this software.

Next, you would have to specify a set of commands for each turret. You would activate this under the same command set that attack my target, attack all enemies, protect ship are found.

To set this up, your ship would be required to already have the weapon choices in it's cargo hold. The weapon choices being what you want the ship to respond with to the proper threat.

Setting up each turret you would first specify the threat class, whether it's a fighter, corvette, frigate, or capital ship. Then you would select the weapon choice for that class. This is where needing the weapon in your cargo bay would come in. Only the weapons in your cargo bay would appear in your selection list, much in the same way as the remote transfer command. You would have to do this for each class seperately, you could also have a default option in case no suitable weapons is available or the firing arc / turret couldn't support what you wanted to use.

The steps would go like this

Open Command Menu
Turret Command
Input: 'Class code or default code
Select: 'Weapon of choice in cargo
Repeat Input: 'for all weapons classes or cycle through them
End

You would do this for each turret.

The scan phase would work something like this:

Acquire Target in firing arc
Inquiry: Is target x class?
IF: x = yes, cycle in y weapon and attack target
IF: x = no, cycle to next x, recheck class until x = yes
THEN: cycle in y weapon and attack target

The plus of this is if you possess HEPT's, PPC's and Flax Artillery. The software could be smart to use the proper weapon against the proper target.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!

May profitsssss go with you!!

Visit me on myspace!

Deathwalker1701
x3

Post by Deathwalker1701 » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 08:52

Have you tried x0ne Turret Control System it dose most of what you say
Heres a link
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=181737

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”