[HELP] M0 exploding when leaving HQ.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ruivo

[HELP] M0 exploding when leaving HQ.

Post by Ruivo » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 05:54

Hey there. Is there any way to undock an M0 from the HQ without having it destroyed (the ship)?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 08:21

That depends on whether you are piloting it or not. :)

If you aren't piloting it, just make it undock when you're out of sector - there's no collision detection in sectors other than the one you are currently in, so it won't be a problem.

If you're piloting it, chances are you'll have to stop piloting it, and go out of sector (see previous paragraph.) :wink:

You don't mention the ship, but the M0s I know of are quite a bit larger than anything in the vanilla game. The docking struts weren't built to accommodate ships of that size.

Ruivo

Post by Ruivo » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 19:44

Oh, indeed i haven't tried that, thanks for the help, now i can paint my M0 :D

It's the Paranid Olympus. I thought it had something to do with the M0's beeing soo huge, but i discarded that possibility, since the olympus is roughly the same size as the teladi Phoenix, and the Phoenix has no problems getting in and out of the HQ.

Haven't tried with the Otas M0 though, might do it later to see if it explodes :D

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 19:52

IIRC, even one of the fat boron ships would destroy itself when leaving a SY or ED under player control.

All it takes is an antenna to touch a part of the station...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Phier
x3tc

Post by Phier » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 21:23

I had an elephant which leaving an argon ship dock was spontaneously exploding on undock (but other times at other argon ship docks no problem).

OOS undocking was the only solution. Shame ships at the ship yard don't come with singularity time compression :shock:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 17. Apr 08, 22:49

Is this a "XTM Gameplay" issue?

For the record, vanilla M2 Phoenix cannot undock from PHQ in sector either.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Ruivo

Post by Ruivo » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 03:31

Is this a "XTM Gameplay" issue?
I've considered posting in there, but i haven't tried to undock many capital ships from the PHQ, other than M0 Olympus, M0 Valhalla, M2 Phoenix, M2 Ray and TL Elephant.

All but the two M0's undocked without issue.
For the record, vanilla M2 Phoenix cannot undock from PHQ in sector either.
I haven't played vanilla X3 long enought to get my hands on a M2. Is the Phoenix on vanilla X3 supposed to be the biggest ship ingame? It's M0 sized.. all the other M2 look tiny near it.

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Fri, 18. Apr 08, 19:39

Some time ago I suggested a script/mod idea: Is there the possibility to set as INVULNERABLE (for some seconds) ship and station when the ship docks/undocks? And the same with ships docking/undocking to/from another ship?

This could fix the problem of damaging or exploding ships and/or stations during the docking/undocking action...

Is it possible?

:)

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sat, 19. Apr 08, 03:43

Bertone wrote:Some time ago I suggested a script/mod idea: Is there the possibility to set as INVULNERABLE (for some seconds) ship and station when the ship docks/undocks?
The invulnerable flag isn't available for scripters to manipulate, and if it's modded, it's not togglable (meaning the ship would stay invulnerable permanently.) There are other ways it could be done though - I think the new command for disabling collision detection would be the most likely bet.

Infector
xr

Post by Infector » Sun, 20. Apr 08, 12:37

That may be something for GAIUS...

AgentExeider
x4

Post by AgentExeider » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 12:35

My Recommendation is don't dock that honking Capital Ship in anything besides a Shipyard, because at least there you can thrust down and away.

for forays to stations you should keep a TP acting as a shuttle, like Enterprise or B5. As far as needing to equip it again, Only at a Shipyard, and use transports to feet the shipyard the equipment you want to slot onto it.

but if its not the ship related, just you wanting to go somewhere, then run on down to the shuttle bay and jump into a smaller ship.

Cap Ships are meant to put to space and stay in space unless they need refit, which you would do at a yard.

-AgentExeider

ps. on some of these yards or docks, you want to thrust DOWN or Backward.
[ external image ]
"I suppose I could part with one and still be feared."

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Fri, 27. Jun 08, 12:47

One of my old scripts, Remember Homebease (or somesuch) also has a gate traffic safety built in.
It puts you in a safe position when emerging from a gate or undocking from a station.
Any ship (you fly) can undock safely like that and there won't be as much roadkill if you jump into a sector with heavy traffic.

Originally I just wanted that for gate travel but since some ships are physically unable to undock from some stations I didn't restrict it to that.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”