Drone/Satelite/Lasertower/Squash Mine complexes any good ???

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mjwraw
x3tc

Drone/Satelite/Lasertower/Squash Mine complexes any good ???

Post by mjwraw » Tue, 13. May 08, 14:12

I've based my factory empire on firstly Drug complexes, then followed this with food/ware complexes (to hopefully boost the weapon/shield output of the NPC facs). These have worked pretty well, so now I'm thinking 'What next ?'.

Does anyone know if Drone/Satelite/Lasertower/Squash Mine complexes are any good in terms of sales, either from passing NPC trade, or through using CAGs ?

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 13. May 08, 15:35

In my experience: no.

Got an LT complex but it sells very bad :(

What really goes nice (except drugs) are shields. My shield complex produces all types and particular the 1 and 5 MJ are always low on stock.

Cheers Euclid

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Tue, 13. May 08, 16:04

Cheers for that, I shall give the Shield complex a go, just need to find a suitable sector now.........................

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 13. May 08, 17:45

In my experience SQUASH mines sell like weed/fuel, satellites sell pretty well, drones and LTs hardly sell at all.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Tue, 13. May 08, 17:47

I've got a 1MJ shield complex in Herron's Nebula that never get full thanks to 3 Argon EQ :P
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 13. May 08, 17:51

Carlo the Curious wrote:In my experience SQUASH mines sell like weed/fuel, satellites sell pretty well, drones and LTs hardly sell at all.
About sums up mine, as well. I only build drone factories once I start getting a lot of freighters running around, defending themselves. LT's, you can't even sell the ones the LT factories produce.

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Wed, 14. May 08, 14:10

Lord Kellmar wrote:I've got a 1MJ shield complex in Herron's Nebula that never get full thanks to 3 Argon EQ :P
Now thats interesting, I have a Mosquito Fac in Herrons Nebula, and for a while it was v.profitable. However, for some time now it has been pretty useless. I'm using a Mako to sell, and I guess it's just too quick and managed to fill up all the surrounding EQs ? I keep meaning to assign a jump-enabled CAG, but until then I've pretty much given up on this particular factory.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 14. May 08, 14:44

Even with a jump-capable CAG mosquitos tend to fill up quite quickly.

Personally I usually sell my weapons manually (except for SQUASH mines), but even then mosquitos aren't worth the effort.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Thu, 15. May 08, 10:51

Vanilla LT factories are not worth much. They dont sell and you dont really need the LT for anything.

However with Ring of fire mod combined with some LT complexes then you got a winner. i usually build up stock into the complex+stuff a freighter full of those towers, then when they are all filled to the hilt my TL picks up the lot and along withsome microchips it jumps away and deploys the towers at some nice spot. 50 upgraded laser towers guarding a gate really does help you a lot.

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Fri, 16. May 08, 07:28

I don't have much good experience with selling drone/laser/squash... satellites maybe, but not always. I won't produce any tech goods beyond IRE and 1/5MJ shields if you want to make profits.

beyer_garratt
x3

Post by beyer_garratt » Fri, 16. May 08, 08:16

In my experience 1MJ shield and IRE complexes sell really well.

What I suggest is build a large Beta IRE + 1MJ Shield fab in or near Argon Prime, and set the jump range high enough to allow your trader to reach Kingdom End, which might be 6 or 7 jumps.

Buy either two M3 Hauler (I recommend the Teladi Falcon), or if you have the extra cash, two Teladi Corvette, kit them out with BHEPT and max shielding (since most of the fights they get in will be OOS, accuracy isn't factored in), and have one sell the 1MJ shields to the 6 EQ docks within the jump range including the Kingdom End dock and the other sell the BIRE to the 5 Argon EQ docks within range.

You should find it very difficult to fill up any one EQ dock using my method. 8)
Q) What do you call an unimpressed Kha'ak scout?

A) A bemusa triangle!

Bazza's better PPC mod! - Makes flying a capital ship much more... satisfying.
Mergelsberg's Transport Drone & my own version. -M3 freighter for TL ships.

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 16. May 08, 11:55

A complex that sells majaglit and 1mj shields 2 sectors north of Argon prime sells very good in my game. Eq docks cant stock enough 1mj and the tech factories gobble up the majaglit.

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Fri, 16. May 08, 12:10

Yeah i also have great profitsss from my 1 mj shield fact, but i placed mine in Argon Prime, it's hardly ever got any stock in, the NPC's snap those shields up (helps when the price is 1cr below avg).
"do i look like a priest?" - "erm...yes...."

The funniest thread ever...

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Fri, 16. May 08, 13:34

This is depressing. I just spent a ton of cash on a drone making complex with 4 drone factories... :S
<--- Stings like a butterfly. Flies like a brick.

See My X videos here http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=24E544BDA13A0125

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Fri, 16. May 08, 14:13

oh no. seems like you got over your head. but dont worry, first of all set ai traders allowed to yes, then set price -1 below average. Then setup 1-2 CLS mk2 ships and have them distribute the drones to all nearby trade stations that accept them. You will probably be overwhelmed by the drones anyway but atleast you will make drones easily available to all, including your traders who seek drones when they level up.

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Fri, 16. May 08, 14:41

Anybody some / same expierence with Satellites ? I have NEVER found a station buying satellites higher than the average price (6'738) - but my satellite factory is constantly sold out though I have set the price to 6'770, about 30 cr more than average. Where the heck do they sell those sats ?
Benutzer in diesem Forum: Keine

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Fri, 16. May 08, 18:54

Hmm.. I was going to blow up the complex and 2 of the drone fabs and add on some AIRE and 1 mw shield fabs, but I think I'll leave them. I can add on the fabs to the complex as is, and just increase the sise of the food fabs I was going to get anyway.

Will mean I'll have to buy and tow an ore mine up to the complex, but I was thinking of getting a Caiman miner to mine the system for Iron anyway.
<--- Stings like a butterfly. Flies like a brick.

See My X videos here http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=24E544BDA13A0125

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Fri, 16. May 08, 19:00

zazie wrote:Anybody some / same expierence with Satellites ? I have NEVER found a station buying satellites higher than the average price (6'738) - but my satellite factory is constantly sold out though I have set the price to 6'770, about 30 cr more than average. Where the heck do they sell those sats ?
Paranid and Split trade stations (plus the Goner EQ dock in EoL and the Argon Installation in Black Hole Sun) will buy Advanced Sats, while NavSats sell at Argon, Boron, Split and Teladi trade stations (plus the Paranid Comm. Facility in Priest's Pity).

Merephet
x3tc

Post by Merephet » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 01:51

I made in Third Redemption(Paranid Super Shipyard Sector) my general complex(2-Adv. Sat, 2-SQUASH Mines,1-Tractor Beam, 1-Mob. Drill Sys. (i set the prices to value -1)
Where's a nice place to put SQUASH mines, mine don't sell at all. Tractor beam sell nice Mob. Drill Sys. dont sell so well, and the strange thing is my Adv. Sat i maximize the price and it allways have 4 in stock and the rest is sold out!! :o.

After i get more cash flow i think im going to blow my facts and just making adv. sat in this sector. 1 Maj Snail L + Space Jewelery L can supply 5 Adv. Sat and it consume just a little of silicon.
X3: Albion Prelude (Steam)

Catra

Post by Catra » Sat, 6. Feb 10, 01:55

Merephet wrote:I made in Third Redemption(Paranid Super Shipyard Sector) my general complex(2-Adv. Sat, 2-SQUASH Mines,1-Tractor Beam, 1-Mob. Drill Sys. (i set the prices to value -1)
Where's a nice place to put SQUASH mines, mine don't sell at all. Tractor beam sell nice Mob. Drill Sys. dont sell so well, and the strange thing is my Adv. Sat i maximize the price and it allways have 4 in stock and the rest is sold out!! :o.

After i get more cash flow i think im going to blow my facts and just making adv. sat in this sector. 1 Maj Snail L + Space Jewelery L can supply 5 Adv. Sat and it consume just a little of silicon.
dont think anyone is gonna care that much 2 years later :P

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”