QUICK question please help! Ship sound...

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Renaissance0321

QUICK question please help! Ship sound...

Post by Renaissance0321 » Sat, 17. May 08, 17:45

Hi I recently played the demo of X3 and enjoyed it so much I bought the real game unfortunately for some reason in the full game I can't hear my ship's engine??? In the demo when I accelerated or decelerated I could hear the engines and hear them while I was flying but in the full game its just soooooo quiet... any ideas? All the other sound effects work fine... to my knowledge. I have version 2.5, Windows XP, drivers updated. Thanks!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 17. May 08, 18:09

You've never been able to hear the ship's engines from inside the cockpit in any version of X3, so whatever you were hearing in the demo wasn't the engines. If you switch to an external view you can hear the engines just fine.

Renaissance0321

Post by Renaissance0321 » Sat, 17. May 08, 23:27

Hmmm... I wonder if in ANY way its possible to add engine sound? I'm not very smart when it comes to computer stuff, do you or anyone know of a way? This would truly add so much immersion for me it would be absolutely perfect thanks so much!

esd
x3tc

Post by esd » Sun, 18. May 08, 00:33

You'd need to take a trip to the modding forum for that, if it's possible.
esd's Guides: X² Loops - X³ MORTs

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”