Equipping Kyon Emitters

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cursed Ghost
x3tc

Equipping Kyon Emitters

Post by Cursed Ghost » Tue, 20. May 08, 19:09

hi all

does anyone know if there is a script that will allow you to equip Kyon Emitters on ships other than khaark ones ?? well assuming that you can actually capture any Kyon Emitters that is

coz id like to equip a couple of Kyon Emitters in my turrets on my newly captured LX

dion_b
x3tc

Post by dion_b » Tue, 20. May 08, 19:35

Questions about scripts & modding belong in the ... scripts & modding forum ;)

Edit: I see someone moved it for you :)

That aside, take a look at XTM, it has 1001 extra gameplay features, including oodles of new and modified ships, some of which can mount KEs too (pirate ships in particular - those pesky shady characters down the scrapyards will mount just about anything resembling a weapon onto their ships :P )

That aside, there are various mods that do things with ships' weapons, however beware of unbalancing your game. Being invincible and/or impossibly rich sounds fun but gets boring very, very quickly.

Xelonir
x3tc

Post by Xelonir » Tue, 20. May 08, 20:08

This cannot be done by a script, it requires a modification of the TShips (for main guns) and/or TCockpits (for turret guns) file(s).

This is best done with the X3Editor (see stickies for that).

bp2019

Post by bp2019 » Tue, 20. May 08, 23:14

You could always extract a stock egosoft ship as an XSP, edit it to carry the weapons you like with the ship creator and then save, then extract this to a folder and create a dat/cat out of it with the x3 mod editor and use it as a fake patch.

All in all its a short yet difficult process for a first try and Kyons actually just ruin stock ships. though I do believe the Kha'ak should of designed an m3+ with a rear turret.

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”