Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Kha'ak / Xenon Invasions...

Post by surefire_ven0m » Wed, 21. May 08, 10:56

I was just pondering about the general large scale skirmishes i have had recently over the past 35+ in game days and realised it's always ME who starts them :P

I often read / hear of people who have witnessed the Xenon / Kha'ak laying waste to border / core sectors controlled by the 5 main races and often without any scripts, however i never seen anything like this happen, the closest i've got to that is when i parked my 2 pythons outside the Xenon Sector 101 gate in pirate sector: *censored* for a while, until i entered it and only left them with 2 Js and 2 Ks (hope they dont respawning quickly because i will certainly be cleaning up in 101 when i get the time...).

I understand there are xenon migration scripts etc but not sure i want to go down that route as that would surely put my large empire under constant threat, rather than the occasional Death - Squad attacks that i read about (from both Kha'ak and Xenon).

If anyone can give me some opinion on this plz? :? :)
"do i look like a priest?" - "erm...yes...."

The funniest thread ever...

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 21. May 08, 11:51

I think the Xenon invasions that are part of the game happen every 12 hours or so. I maybe wrong? Also I think you have to kinda find em in the BBS.

I think! I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong!
Buck Rogers

Vice Admiral of Shadows Haven Alliance (SHA) visit us at:
SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

DaveyP
x3tc

Post by DaveyP » Wed, 21. May 08, 12:13

Buck_Rogers wrote:I think the Xenon invasions that are part of the game happen every 12 hours or so. I maybe wrong? Also I think you have to kinda find em in the BBS.

I think! I'm sure someone will come along and correct me if I'm wrong!
You'er talking about the XI BBS mission. You're correct - its found on the BBS, and nothing will happen until you actually accept it.

As for Xenon Migrations (as used to happen in X2), the largest I've seen is a P and a few LX's.

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Wed, 21. May 08, 12:36

Hmm but what about people who have been trading etc and noticed an entire Kha'ak fleet (or Xenon) has randomly wiped out various sectors etc ? It just doesnt happen in my game at all, feel like im missing out on the action :P

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 21. May 08, 13:07

I have a feeling that is from an added script? I have Xenon migration by Cycrow installed and i get the odd cap ship prodding its nose in where its not wanted now and then. :lol:

I have also had Kha'ak caps wandering round. Although I'm not sure what script controls their movements.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID
Too often we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown. But only 4 to extend your arm and slap the bugger!

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Wed, 21. May 08, 13:13

How balanced is that Xenon Migration in your opinion? i mean like, do you find that xenon are spreading fast and you spend all your efforts fighting them, or is it a case of a small fleet is seen every now and again and its more like a bit of fun watching them die by your hands?

I don't want to go from one extreme to the other, i could just use a bit of drama NOT instigated by me in this game.....

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 21. May 08, 13:33

Well. When you 1st install it, you get a message to set the diffuculty. I have it on easy and only see the odd one now and then. In fact I even managed to get in a lucky last shot on a J with a Hurricane missle in my ikkle Pirate Buster! With a little help from an RRF Titan :D Boosted me up 2 combat rankings.

Then once you have youself established. There is a hotkey you can assign which will allow you to change the difficulty setting again whenever you like.
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

mjwraw
x3tc

Post by mjwraw » Wed, 21. May 08, 13:35

Yeah, I'm up to game day 10 now, running vanilla with bonus pack, and all I ever see are P patrols, or Khaak clusters. The most destruction I am aware of was when I accepted a Xenon Invasion mission in Thynns Abyss, and one NPC factory was destroyed. I'm increasingly starting to think that these full-blown sector invasions by Khaak and Xenon fleets must be triggered by extra scripts, (and to be honest I can't say I'm dissappointed about that !).

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Wed, 21. May 08, 13:51

mjwraw wrote:Yeah, I'm up to game day 10 now, running vanilla with bonus pack, and all I ever see are P patrols, or Khaak clusters. The most destruction I am aware of was when I accepted a Xenon Invasion mission in Thynns Abyss, and one NPC factory was destroyed. I'm increasingly starting to think that these full-blown sector invasions by Khaak and Xenon fleets must be triggered by extra scripts, (and to be honest I can't say I'm dissappointed about that !).
Wow you're lucky, the largest fight i have had which i didnt cause was in President's end, took on 3 clusters with my Elephant, 3 Novas and 2 centaurs.....i'm not going to tell you who won that battle though....

As for Xenon, only ever see them in the sectors next to theirs, and they get their backsides handed to them :)

Might give that migration script a try and see if that spices things up a bit, also read somwhere there's a script like that to do with Pirates and Yaki?

I don't particularly want full scale wars going on all the time (my pc struggles enough as it is) but the odd random small-scale enemy attempt to destroy a sector etc would be cool to observe (or prevent :D ).

oggie
x3

Post by oggie » Wed, 21. May 08, 14:25

In my very first game (vanilla) I started exploring as you would and from reading around gathered that Elenas Fortune was now controlled by the argon so I thought I would have a look around.

When I got through the gate there was two Khaak destroyers and about 20 clusters ripping the sector to shreds, needless to say i turned around and ran like a little girl.

I checked back later and the argon patrols must have cleared up as there was only one destroyer and no clusters left. The sector was wiped out, no stations at all. I saved the game and still have it somewhere.

Since then I've modded the game however I can confirm that the Khaak invaded Elanas fortune in a vanilla game, since then I have never witnessed anything like it, i think it must be completely random and a very rare occurance. :P
Never underestimate what lies ahead,
If you get too complacent you might end up dead.....

Roderick Gibson
x3

Post by Roderick Gibson » Wed, 21. May 08, 14:34

I concur, though no idea on the time scales or triggers, I had a Khaak destroyer and at least 3 clusters turn up in Presidents end and trash everything including my 2 mines. Nothing got rid of the destroyer for me and made this a very dangerous sector, though profitable as NPC traders kept coming in and dying, so I scooped up the loot and hid again way, way off the centre, keep repeating and I got lots of goodies.

Eventually I got fed up loosing MY traders this way, so bought a Titan and got rid of the Destroyer, so yes it does happen in Vanilla with BP, I have no scripts at all running other than Vanilla 2.5 and BP.

Buck_Rogers
x3

Post by Buck_Rogers » Wed, 21. May 08, 14:38

hmmm. So it looks like Kha'ak migrations/invasions are controlled by the vanilla game? Nice to know! lol
Buck Rogers

SHA Forum
Feel free to join my DID

mrkdhrvy
x4

Post by mrkdhrvy » Wed, 21. May 08, 15:59

@surefire: In all of my X3 games (up to 3 vanilla games so far) I've had a few khaak invasions UNTIL they find a sector unable to fight back. It seemed that the Khaak fleet was content to just wonder back and forth killing the few NPC transporters it finds. In my vanilla games, I welcomed this until my fleet reached a sizable level. It turns out I stop playing before I get to that point so I've never finished off the Khaak fleet to see if they spawn elsewhere.

Try looking in every sector in your universe for random baddies and see if destroying them brings about balance to your universe. :twisted:

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 21. May 08, 16:34

surefire_ven0m wrote:Hmm but what about people who have been trading etc and noticed an entire Kha'ak fleet (or Xenon) has randomly wiped out various sectors etc ? It just doesnt happen in my game at all, feel like im missing out on the action :P
- I might have already happened without you knowing..

- in my current game, Ore Belt has been almost decimated after a full-on Khaak assault
- only three installations were left intact.. :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Wed, 21. May 08, 16:45

Hmm looks like im gonna have to try out the xenon migration script, hopefully this helps as i know a lot of people use it (and cycrows other scripts are awesome).

Time to get down to stevio's shipyard and get me a Destroyer...muahahaha! :twisted:

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 21. May 08, 17:57

Vanilla game has about two sectors ravaged by major Kha'ak forces, approximately on the second game day. Xenon do not "invade" vanilla. Xenon P patrols are regular, and possible fighter outburst (usually from X101 or X534) have been reported.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”