Wingmen jump with you?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ShadowTek
x2

Wingmen jump with you?

Post by ShadowTek » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 20:03

Is it possible to write a script so your wingmen jump with you? there are some interesting new jump commands in the script editor, anyone look into this yet?
Proud member of the PHPBB Network!
Feel free to upload or download X2 Mods!!

Zhofe
x3

Post by Zhofe » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 22:15

There is a script that lets you command other ships to jump. It is available at www.xscripting.com

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 22:18

Yes I have it now, very cool script!! :D but thanks for the reply though.

kryptyk
x4

Post by kryptyk » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 22:45

I was thinking about this last night and came to the conclusion that maybe having all your wingmen jump with you (as long as they are fighter class) would be feasible....but having like 2 centaurs jump with you at the same time would be a very bad idea. If say I was in a M2 with 2 M6's for support and we all jumped to argon prime north gate.....wouldn't we all collide when we emerged? Haven't proven this yet but I've seen the way the capships jump and they always exit center of the gate. Very bad.... :(

ShadowTek
x2

Post by ShadowTek » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 23:36

Yes I believe your right, theyd all end up like that dude in "The Fly" movie after he teleported and merged with the fly. :gruebel:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 21. Jan 04, 23:45

I'm not sure the gates don't regulate when the ships emerge. I don't think you'd all arrive at the same time, but you would still run the risk running into the back of the one in front.

If you write a formation jump you could probable set up a coordinated delay sequence for the larger ships. I don't think fighters would have a problem jumping at the same time.

kryptyk
x4

Post by kryptyk » Thu, 22. Jan 04, 22:18

Shadowtech wrote:Yes I believe your right, theyd all end up like that dude in "The Fly" movie after he teleported and merged with the fly. :gruebel:
Cool...then I'll get a titan and a colossus....send them both through and maybe I'll have a titossus that carries a lot of ships and has a buttload of turrets...... :D

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 23. Jan 04, 08:48

kryptyk wrote:Cool...then I'll get a titan and a colossus....send them both through and maybe I'll have a titossus that carries a lot of ships and has a buttload of turrets...... :D
Or you might get a Colossan which can only dock 4 ships and has 6 guns total. :-)

kryptyk
x4

Post by kryptyk » Fri, 23. Jan 04, 10:50

pjknibbs wrote:Or you might get a Colossan which can only dock 4 ships and has 6 guns total. :-)
Then I'll throw a TL in for good measure :lol:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 23:06

kryptyk wrote:I was thinking about this last night and came to the conclusion that maybe having all your wingmen jump with you (as long as they are fighter class) would be feasible....but having like 2 centaurs jump with you at the same time would be a very bad idea. If say I was in a M2 with 2 M6's for support and we all jumped to argon prime north gate.....wouldn't we all collide when we emerged? Haven't proven this yet but I've seen the way the capships jump and they always exit center of the gate. Very bad.... :(
Can finally answer this conclusively.

I've just completed a simultaneous jump of a fleet consisting of a Titan, a Colossus, 2 Centaurs, an express, 11 Nova and a buster. 0 collisions, and they did all jump at exactly the same moment, and I was in sector watching the gate.

Xai Corporation's Jumpdrive commands Version 3 is in testing and includes fleet jumping :D

hrett
x3

Post by hrett » Tue, 3. Feb 04, 01:00

moggy2 wrote:
kryptyk wrote:I was thinking about this last night and came to the conclusion that maybe having all your wingmen jump with you (as long as they are fighter class) would be feasible....but having like 2 centaurs jump with you at the same time would be a very bad idea. If say I was in a M2 with 2 M6's for support and we all jumped to argon prime north gate.....wouldn't we all collide when we emerged? Haven't proven this yet but I've seen the way the capships jump and they always exit center of the gate. Very bad.... :(
Can finally answer this conclusively.

I've just completed a simultaneous jump of a fleet consisting of a Titan, a Colossus, 2 Centaurs, an express, 11 Nova and a buster. 0 collisions, and they did all jump at exactly the same moment, and I was in sector watching the gate.

Woo Hoo!

Xai Corporation's Jumpdrive commands Version 3 is in testing and includes fleet jumping :D
Blindly going where no man has gone before...
AMD64 3500+, ATI Radeon PCI Express 850XT 256, 2gig Corsair Ram. My hard drive is crap though. ;)

OnlineKenji
x3tc

Post by OnlineKenji » Wed, 4. Feb 04, 05:10

I'm doing my own thing with jumping. I've made myself a custom jump buy best and jump sell best script so far. Some weird errors while building it. Lots of little things I wish they would release the docs to clear up some of these nitches.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”