[X2] "Dislocated" Xenon Invasions.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Darth Harry

[X2] "Dislocated" Xenon Invasions.

Post by Darth Harry » Fri, 30. May 08, 17:43

Hi im still waiting for X3 (damn post service) but i have been playing X2 for a while now, got several stations including a loop supporting a Space Fuel Dystylery and a Bliss Place (Got 2 Pirate bases within 1 and 2 jumps away so i cant complain about no place to sell the stuff). To tell the truth alot of it was founded thanks to the multiple Xenon invasions "bug?". I found about 7 of them in Thyns Abyss. Did 3, took a brake, and came back for more later. However since i came back something strange is occuring. Altho the BBS mission clearly says the invasion is in Thyns Abyss the conformation message for each of them directs me to Black Hole Sun, and indeed the Xenon and Allied fleets spawn there. Dont get me wrong, it isnt realy a problem, i gain both Argon and Split rep + local forces tend to be more helpfull (Novas just tend to last longer than Mambas, maybe it has something to do wit 3 times more shields and the rear turret :wink: ) i just want to know if anybody also experianced this kind of shift.
Oh and before you ask, Version 1.4, no scripts, no mods, no Bonus Pack.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 30. May 08, 21:57

multiple Xenon invasions "bug?"
While you can question whether it was a bug or not, rest assured it most definitely was. Actually, there were two bugs. One was the ability to take the mission multiple times, and the other was the huge payout for completing each one. That's all been fixed in X3, btw.

As for the shifting location, I don't recall there being such a bug mentioned before. Perhaps your game or savegames have gotten corrupted. That's certainly not normal behaviour.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 30. May 08, 23:01

Let me guess:
1. Bug generates multiple messages on one station BBS. (It has been written somewhere that these can corrupt the game.)
2. Darth takes a break and returns later.
3. The messages are still there, but the XI code has already decided that at this time the XI will be in another place. (And for that no BBS messages have been generated yet.)

So, a "new" mission is activated via BBS message that was generated by "previous" mission. IIRC, that has been observed before, and is a "side-effect" of the "message multiplication" bug.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Darth Harry

Post by Darth Harry » Fri, 30. May 08, 23:55

Yes that would sound about right. Thereare no other XI BBS posts out there (Checked Getsu Fune, Manaleus's Paradise, Eighteen Billion and Black Hole Sun)

Thanks

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”