Forum Archives

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

HelgeK
x2

Forum Archives

Post by HelgeK » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 13:09

Hi All,

as promised, I've extracted the old THQ forum into two archives that can be downloaded at the following URLs:

http://forum.thq.de/extra/xforum_de.zip (13 MB)
http://forum.thq.de/extra/xforum_uk.zip (23 MB)

Although the files inside the archives are pure ASCII, they might be too huge to open for some editors. The end-of-line characters used are LF (*nix, Mac), not CRLF (Win). It should be possible to write a script to convert these archives in a more readable format, or to import into forum software.

The files will remain for a couple of weeks on the THQ server for you to download, after which they'll be permanently deleted.

Regards,
Helge

Rapier
x3tc

Spam

Post by Rapier » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 13:12

Mmmm, 23M of spicy pork goodness. :roll:

Re: Spam

Post by Guest » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 13:18

Rapier wrote:Mmmm, 23M of spicy pork goodness. :roll:
90 MB, unzipped...

Helge

Adamskini
x3tc

Post by Adamskini » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 13:42

cheers Helge! im getting the uk one now, just for old times sake :mrgreen:
Aug 2000 -> March 2001 - Old Skool Egosoft Forum
March 2001 -> Nov 2002 - THQ forum
Nov 2002 -> now - Current, prettier Egosoft Forum

[anybody remember The Enforcers?!]

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 14:02

Adamskini wrote:cheers Helge! im getting the uk one now, just for old times sake :mrgreen:
Good :-) I hope you have the means to manipulate it :-)

BTW:
Adamskini wrote: Aug 2000 - March 2001 - Ye olde Egosoft Forum
Not quite correct, the forum was already hosted by THQ then, for a year I guess, albeit using the WebBBS software...

Cheers
Helge

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 14:13

I would hate to think how many words make up the hole forum from start to finnish!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 15:33

The Doctor wrote:I would hate to think how many words make up the hole forum from start to finnish!
Rough estimate would be 6 letters and a space for each word, which would make 90Mb equivalent to a little over thirteen million words...

cappedup
x4

Post by cappedup » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 23:28

Thats great, cheers Helge. but would you really want such utter shi*e, and 90 odd megs of it... imean yeah it was fun, but move on folk.... imo..

Hmmn, if y9u have 90 megs worth of spare time do something else with it.... or am i just pissed... agin???

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

chrishillproduction.com

Chimpster2000
x3

Post by Chimpster2000 » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 23:38

I reckon someone should do a "Directors" edition of the forum, bringing up the "classic" arguements/jokes/flames etc :)

That would be amusing reading :)
"Life is like a hot bath, the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkly you get."

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Mon, 11. Nov 02, 23:40

90 megs of history! hahaha ya can track where it all went to sh*t and decended into the flame wars!

lol someone should take this and make it into a history book for the FAQ! that way we would have a ref and know what not to do! haha
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

HelgeK
x2

Post by HelgeK » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 01:11

cappedup wrote:Thats great, cheers Helge. but would you really want such utter shi*e, and 90 odd megs of it...
Who, me? Hell no! :-)

But in ten thousand years from now, it'll be kick-ass educational material for data-archaelogists, socio-palaeontologists and aliens from outer space :-)

Helge

cappedup
x4

Post by cappedup » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 01:35

HelgeK wrote:
cappedup wrote:Thats great, cheers Helge. but would you really want such utter shi*e, and 90 odd megs of it...
Who, me? Hell no! :-)

But in ten thousand years from now, it'll be kick-ass educational material for data-archaelogists, socio-palaeontologists and aliens from outer space :-)

Helge
Bit like Planet of The Apes then?? Get your filthy hands off me, you god damn dirty stinking ape......... or somethinglike that!!

Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm - Winston Churchill

chrishillproduction.com

Thalass
x2

Post by Thalass » Tue, 12. Nov 02, 01:42

Hey! some of those ape-chicks were hot!

Um, did I say that out aloud? :shock: :oops:

heh. at least that chick in the new movie was very brainwarp inducing! *grin*
Legitimate Businessman. Honest.

Drow
x4

Post by Drow » Sun, 14. Nov 04, 08:28

Hi together,

after a while i´m trying to get the databank files, but no one in the german Forum could help me.

If anyone of you have stored the files somewhere else, please contact me: ddrow@freenet.de or per PM. It would be more than great, if i could restore the old Forum.

Thanx & Greets
Drow

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Sun, 14. Nov 04, 13:29

cool, can anyone tell me when i first posted as pixel in the thq forum? many thx :) :)
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 14. Nov 04, 14:46

Pixel, you did notice the date on this thread, right? Drow's been doing some necromancy, although we'll forgive him this time since the reason seems good :-).

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”