Hornet missles in X3?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Driverman
x3

Hornet missles in X3?

Post by Driverman » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 22:21

I have searched extensively for the answer to this question - forum searches, active map, etc, and I can't find anything. I found a place that SELLS what I'm looking for (Hornet Missles) but they have none in stock (Paranid Equipment Dock). Do those restock themselves? If not, where can I buy these missles? I'm looking for them because I don't feel like buying a Centaur and fitting it with a mobile drilling system, as I'm saving up my money for other stuff, and I'd also rather not purchase a Hornet Missle Factory (though if it comes to that, that's what I'll have to do I guess).

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 22:29

High Yield Production Complex.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 22:45

Why do you need Hornets? Won't Thunderbolts do? If you're using them to break map asteroids, why do you need a Centaur to mount a MDS? There are a number of cheap TS's that can do that. I'm confused. :?

Driverman
x3

Post by Driverman » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 23:30

I'm kinda new to the whole X3 thing - just got my copy yesterday, I had played a friend's before that. I was told by someone that Hornets were my only missle options for dealing with asteroids.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Fri, 6. Jun 08, 23:36

As well, you'll only need a hornet / thunderbolt / mobile drilling system if you're trying to blow up big asteroids (as in, the ones you can build mines on.)

If you're doing lower-level mobile mining, you can blow up smaller rocks with any laser. Just need a TS equipped with an IRE. :)
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Usenko
x3

Post by Usenko » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 02:24

In X3, Hornets are about the same as Quantum Tubes - manufactured goods that you can sell for a decent profit! :D
Morkonan wrote:What really happened isn't as exciting. Putin flexed his left thigh during his morning ride on a flying bear, right after beating fifty Judo blackbelts, which he does upon rising every morning. (Not that Putin sleeps, it's just that he doesn't want to make others feel inadequate.)

Driverman
x3

Post by Driverman » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 03:12

Well, I need to get Nvidium so I need to break up those big roids.

==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 04:42

not nesseserally. (eww at spelling, sorry its 4 am here)

I am currently running a mobile mining script oriented for Nividium in Kingdoms End sector, and getting about 200 Nividium per 6 game hours. (4 TL/TS ships and 1 orca to store it).

As for the large asteriouds, take a script which allows you to build a Nividium mine on those asteroids and just get a stable income of Nividium :)

XanII
x4

Post by XanII » Sat, 7. Jun 08, 19:15

Hornets used to be famous for their warheads. now they are good for breaking up asteroids. :D

So sad...

Gosnell
x4

Post by Gosnell » Sun, 8. Jun 08, 13:48

go to herrons nebula hornets for sale ther

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”