TRACKER Mines?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mud Flap
x3tc

TRACKER Mines?

Post by Mud Flap » Mon, 9. Jun 08, 22:58

Newb here with a stupid question... The X3 manual (or at least the Steam version of the manual) talks about TRACKER Mines, SQUASH mines that seek out enemies instead of just blowing up when anything gets near them.

"TRACKER
The TRACKER mine is developed for short-range blockades. Once triggered it flies towards
its victim. The only way to survive a TRACKER mine is to outrun the mine long enough to
trigger its self-destruction."

I've never seen one of these mines ingame, and I found the script someone made to make TRACKER Mines, so is this just something that the devs never put in the game and somehow made it into the manual or am I not seeing them? (I tried to look them up but there doesn't appear to be any information on them that doesn't relate to the player made script, besides the small entry in the manual that is.)

jlehtone
x4

Re: TRACKER Mines?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 9. Jun 08, 23:01

Mud Flap wrote:... is this just something that the devs never put in the game and somehow made it into the manual
Most likely.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 10. Jun 08, 12:00

I faintly remember that they might exist in one of the story missions but in the actual game they simply do not exist.
The name and speech entry is all they got.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Mud Flap
x3tc

Post by Mud Flap » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 02:44

I decided to bump this thread again because I have another question about tracker mines =P

They appear to actually be in Terran Conflict, they're sold at the Atreus(sp?) company HQ, although they seem to be perpetually out of stock. A few jumps away at Patriarch's Conclusion the Split shipyard sells Tracker Mine Fabs, and there's even a fab set up in the sector, but it strangely appears to only sell ion mines (a Boron technology?) So can they actually be found in TC or did the devs once again start to put them in and never got around to finishing the job?

EDIT: I bought a tracker mine fab and it makes.....ion mines?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 06:43

I think they are just used as a trading ware and actually dont do anything. Like the Recon Drones (Also from Atreus), I got one expecting a lot from it, and when I ejected it, it was just a crate :/ Did nothing.

I expect ego wanted to implement them but never got around to it.

Szakalot
x3tc

Post by Szakalot » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 10:52

ive seen a 'tracker mines factory' somewhere, but it produced ion mines.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 13:04

I expect ego wanted to implement them but never got around to it.
Give it time that will probably change in future patches and bonus packs.

Yellowjack
x4

Post by Yellowjack » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 00:22

On a similar topic, I see that Fighter Drones MKII get a mention down in the south eastern sectors and in the manual but I haven't found a Drone MkII factory nor can I find a place that sells MkII Drone facs. I assume that these are in the same category as Tracking mines?
In the Spirit of ELITE

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 00:35

I did create a Tracker Minefield script for Reunion and it did pretty much what the Trackers were supposedly doing.

In TC, they do exist as createable objects but with an unchangable top speed of 0 so they are just SQUASH mines with a fancy name.
There isn't much need to "outrun" them.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

G.Org
x4

Post by G.Org » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 01:16

Yellowjack wrote:On a similar topic, I see that Fighter Drones MKII get a mention down in the south eastern sectors and in the manual but I haven't found a Drone MkII factory nor can I find a place that sells MkII Drone facs. I assume that these are in the same category as Tracking mines?
i actually have seen some ships dropping mkII fighting drones for defence... so there must be a place to buy them. but, actually they didnt look much better to me when i looked the stats...
"Fairy tales are more than true — not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten."
- G. K. Chesterton -

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 01:40

G.Org wrote:i actually have seen some ships dropping mkII fighting drones for defence... so there must be a place to buy them. but, actually they didnt look much better to me when i looked the stats...
AI ships do not "buy" equipment. They spawn with it.

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 04:36

I bought and built a Tracker Mine Fab. I don't think I've seen it sell 1 so far!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”