Space Fly collector ....

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zigyzigy
x3tc

Space Fly collector ....

Post by zigyzigy » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 16:03

Hey, jsut wandering if anyone can help me out aim relatively new to the X series ... i purchased a space fly collector with the understanding that i could use it and power my afterburner :roll:

however i have no idea how to use it and have searched
the command consloe of my ship i have even seen space flys flying about ( once in power circle ) but have no idea how to collect them ... and the dont seem that easy to find either

any tips on what to do thanks! 8)

==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 16:07

You need IonDisruptor to shock the flies and then, once they will come up as targets, collect them. :)

zigyzigy
x3tc

Post by zigyzigy » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 16:11

now why didnt it tell me that ingame ... TY
any ideas on finding those pesky flies ...? :D

.... also once i have targeted them how do i actually pick them up ... get close enough and collector does it aoutomatically ... option apears on trget info menue ( like with docking computer) or do i pick them up like wares floating in space ? ... ty

==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 16:24

Just like a ware. The process :

1) Find flies
2) Shoot the blazing thingy at them (ID)
3) They make funny noise (iirc) and start appearing on the screen as blue targets
4) Collect as ware
5) You got about 1-2 minutes before they will launch again, so shooting the blazing thingy is recommended even while you are collecting.

Space flies are endangered species so the Boron not tell you the place where to find them. But if you look into the mods section you will see a nice "spacefly hunter" script which does exactly what you want :)

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 18:32

Spaceflies are generally found flying around asteroids. So look there. :wink:

==Troy==

Post by ==Troy== » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 18:59

Nanook wrote:Spaceflies are generally found flying around asteroids. So look there. :wink:
Now Boron show you! :D

First thing to look will be OreBelt, I have seen them quite often there.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 11. Jun 08, 19:16

Search has a bunch of links on Spaceflies.

I'm sure I had a link to a decent guide on spacefly hunting, but I can't find it at the moment. I did come across this in an ancient thread:
Apoch wrote:I have just obtained exclusive permission to release this information:

There are, in fact, no spaceflies in X³. Instead, we have introduced the all new spacegerbil, a friendly species of vacuum-impervious rodents who leave cute tooth marks on the hulls of your ships. Spacegerbils can be captured with a new GerbilNet weapon upgrade, and placed in special stations where they will run around in cute plastic tubes and run on little spinning wheels.

In order to accomplish our spacegerbil vision, we have unfortunately had to remove the portion of X³ where you have a ship and fly in space. However, we are confident that this is the right direction for the game, and that the community at large will enjoy this change.
/mourn the Spacegerbil. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”