XI, XT and Assassination mission locations

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Slonor

XI, XT and Assassination mission locations

Post by Slonor » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 09:19

Are there ideal sectors and/or stations that are more likely to have Xenon Invasion, Xenon Taxi or Assassination missions? I'm in Black Hole Sun and I can't find even a single mission!

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 09:23

Xenon Taxi and Assassination missions are entirely random, so just keep looking.

As for Xenon Invasions, the call to arms will be found in every station belonging to the invaded race's sector within 3 sectors of the appropriate Xenon sector. In practice, this means there are only five sectors you need to check:

Scale Plate Green OR Eighteen Billion
Black Hole Sun
Getsu Fune
Menelaus Paradise
Thyn's Abyss

Note also that there is only ever one Xenon Invasion in the universe at any one time, and it doesn't "go away" until you actually accept it; therefore, you have to check all five of those sectors--just continuously checking Black Hole Sun won't work because the invasion is likely to be happening elsewhere.

Lord Kellmar
x3tc

Post by Lord Kellmar » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 10:16

I was wondering why there is no invasion coming from X598 (near Great Exchange & Zrt's Domination on the far Est) :?

Edit : X. invasions BBS message is visible 3 sectors away from the invaded one. But only in sectors of the same race. (i.e. XI BBS in BHS is visible from Nyana's Hideout, but not those in Scale Plate Green or 18b.)
That mean that you can check station in SPG, go est to Nyana's, then - if no invasion - jump to Ghinnn's Escape - invasions in Thyn's Abyss ? - to move est to Hila's Joy (or maybe Ocean of Fant.) and finaly jump to Getsu Fune. If nothing, way a few hours and start again :D
Last edited by Lord Kellmar on Fri, 4. Jul 08, 10:23, edited 1 time in total.
Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature Gnature
[ external image ]

Master Mike

Post by Master Mike » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 10:20

hibernation, like you computer can do, they wake up when you get close to them lol
dunno i kinda stay aaway, from those secctors,

don't see many out of 101 ether

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 12:25

Lord Kellmar wrote:I was wondering why there is no invasion coming from X598 (near Great Exchange & Zrt's Domination on the far Est) :?
The mission was written for X2. X2 had no X598. When you use a hardcoded list, you do use a hardcoded list.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Slonor

Post by Slonor » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 04:13

pjknibbs wrote:Xenon Taxi and Assassination missions are entirely random, so just keep looking.

As for Xenon Invasions, the call to arms will be found in every station belonging to the invaded race's sector within 3 sectors of the appropriate Xenon sector. In practice, this means there are only five sectors you need to check:

Black Hole Sun
Getsu Fune
Menelaus Paradise
Thyn's Abyss

Note also that there is only ever one Xenon Invasion in the universe at any one time, and it doesn't "go away" until you actually accept it; therefore, you have to check all five of those sectors--just continuously checking Black Hole Sun won't work because the invasion is likely to be happening elsewhere.
Yep, that's what happened. It was in 18 billion. Once I finished that, does that mean that a new XI mission appeared somewhere? I know that once it appears, it stays and cannot appear anywhere else until you do it, but how long to wait until the next one appears SOMEWHERE? Is it immediate or not?

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 04:21

I used to wonder if there was a particular order in which sectors were invaded. OK, to be honest, I still wonder a little bit, but I'm fairly sure they are as random as random can be on a computer. Has anyone ever had two consecutive XIs in the same sector, though?
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

Capt_Newbie
x3tc

Post by Capt_Newbie » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 04:26

Slonor wrote:I know that once it appears, it stays and cannot appear anywhere else until you do it, but how long to wait until the next one appears SOMEWHERE? Is it immediate or not?
Someone mentioned six hours after the last one ends, I recall. Certainly, if a whole day passes without an XI message in one of those sectors, you must have skipped at least one.

Now you may thank me for this information :paranid:
"Once you figure out what a a joke everything is, being the Comedian's the only thing that makes sense."

Slonor

Post by Slonor » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 04:40

Capt_Newbie wrote:
Slonor wrote:I know that once it appears, it stays and cannot appear anywhere else until you do it, but how long to wait until the next one appears SOMEWHERE? Is it immediate or not?
Someone mentioned six hours after the last one ends, I recall. Certainly, if a whole day passes without an XI message in one of those sectors, you must have skipped at least one.

Now you may thank me for this information :paranid:
Wait, you can "skip" one? I thought they stayed there until you did it.

Hemmingfish

Post by Hemmingfish » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 08:52

I think he meant "you must have skipped a sector"
Capt_Newbie wrote:Has anyone ever had two consecutive XIs in the same sector, though?

I have! Once in Eighteen Billion I docked at a station and saw TWO XI missions at the same time :D
That was quite a challenge
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Sat, 5. Jul 08, 12:04, edited 1 time in total.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 10:15

Capt_Newbie wrote:I used to wonder if there was a particular order in which sectors were invaded. OK, to be honest, I still wonder a little bit, but I'm fairly sure they are as random as random can be on a computer. Has anyone ever had two consecutive XIs in the same sector, though?
Who would keep record of such things?

"Time" below is moment of accepting the mission, usually not right after finding one.

Code: Select all

Time Site
0305 18bil
1423 18bil
2333 BHS
0721 BHS
1625 GF
0018 BHS
0913 SPG
1634 TA
0058 BHS
0839 BHS
1632 MP
0027 18bil
0835 GF
1807 18bil
0825 SPG
0009 SPG
0806 BHS
1633 MP
0019 MP
0825 TA
0056 BHS
1210 TA
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Phil Bruce
x3

Post by Phil Bruce » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 14:57

X2 gamer:
I had one where 8 XIs were generated at the same time in one station in Getsu Fume.
Someone said it was a bug.
Had a great time taking on the big boys. Got to know which helpers were more hindrance.
But the XIs stayed till I accepted them - even though all the other BBS messages cycled through.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 5. Jul 08, 17:50

Phil Bruce wrote: I had one where 8 XIs were generated at the same time in one station in Getsu Fume.
Someone said it was a bug.
That's because it was...it was fixed in X3.

Slonor

Post by Slonor » Sun, 6. Jul 08, 05:25

pjknibbs wrote:Xenon Taxi and Assassination missions are entirely random, so just keep looking.

Black Hole Sun
Getsu Fune
Menelaus Paradise
Thyn's Abyss
So only in those 6 sectors? You sure you're not missing any, like Napoleos Memorial? Then again, that is a pirate sector that probably has no stations, so I guess that's why you left it out. Just want to make sure so I can get more of these XI. Too bad I never got an XT with a P or greater. Do XT mission ships get determined by your own ship, your fighter rank, or both?

eladan
x4

Post by eladan » Sun, 6. Jul 08, 05:39

Slonor wrote:So only in those 6 sectors? You sure you're not missing any, like Napoleos Memorial? Then again, that is a pirate sector that probably has no stations, so I guess that's why you left it out.
Not much there for the pirates to protect, really, is there? :) Not to mention, it's somewhat difficult to imagine pirates paying anyone to help with sector defense...
Do XT mission ships get determined by your own ship, your fighter rank, or both?
Combat rank determines what gets spawned.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 6. Jul 08, 05:47

Slonor wrote:Too bad I never got an XT with a P or greater.
XT missions don't spawn Ps - just Xenon N/M/L and (at high ranks) K.

Slonor

Post by Slonor » Sun, 6. Jul 08, 06:11

Carlo the Curious wrote:
Slonor wrote:Too bad I never got an XT with a P or greater.
XT missions don't spawn Ps - just Xenon N/M/L and (at high ranks) K.
So how do you capture a P? From what I understand, all ships spawned in XTaxi are cappable. Also, what rank to I need for the K? And which station would have the mission for XInvasion? Is it always the free trading station, or one of the equipment docks?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 6. Jul 08, 06:29

You can't capture a P normally. You can get one as a treasure hunt reward.

Ks start showing in XTMs up at Legend.

All stations will have the XI BBS.

Slonor

Post by Slonor » Sun, 6. Jul 08, 06:30

Carlo the Curious wrote:You can't capture a P normally. You can get one as a treasure hunt reward.

Ks start showing in XTMs up at Legend.

All stations will have the XI BBS.
Treasure hunt reward? Do tell.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 6. Jul 08, 06:34

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”