Cap shit combat and PPC's

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Methos86
x2

Cap shit combat and PPC's

Post by Methos86 » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 16:06

So, I have only been playing X3 for like a week or so now, but a yesterday I managed to get my first M2 Class ship; the Argon Titan.

Gleefully happy at the mere fact that I now had a really big ship, I went about buying everything required to fill its turrets, as well as browsing these forums to try and find an intelligent combination.

Anyhow, I eventually settled on FLAK / PAC / MD on the front, rear, up, down and left for general anti-fighter protection, and then full ( 8 ) GPPC's on the right, for a good 'ol fashioned broadside attack on Cap ships.

Then I thought I would stretch it's legs a little, and wondered into Xenon sector 101 (I think it's Xenon.. pretty sure it's Xenon EDIT: Yeah, it's Xenon)

Anyhow, after getting to grips with actually flying a Cap ship, I managed to maneuver my Titan to pull off some pretty impressive broad side attacks, while still strafing enough not to get mangled myself.

But, onto the point :roll: :

The GPPC's (and I assume PPC's in general) were just so very un-fulfilling to fire. I mean, I was expecting something that fired like maybe 10 times a minute, with a MASSIVE ball of plasma / light / bullet or whatever, which does like 15% damage each hit, however it could be dodged, but no where near as easily as the thousands of PPC bullets I dodge ATM.

PPC fire ATM is just so "meh" Not impressive to watch at all and I just felt so let down :(

Does anyone know of a mod out there that changes these gun to things that fire significantly (10 or so times a minute) slower, travel a lot faster and are therefore harder to dodge and do more damage / bullet?

Thanks in advance!

tai1980
x3

Post by tai1980 » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 16:51

this mod may fulfill your request !! :)

link --> http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=11418

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 19:18

tai1980 wrote:this mod may fulfill your request !! :)

link --> http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=11418
AMAZING!

will try it when I get home!

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”