Xenon Invasion Mission Success

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bothersome
x3tc

Xenon Invasion Mission Success

Post by Bothersome » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 20:21

Here is a screen shot from my last Xenon Invasion from yesterday.

What do you think?

[ external image ]
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

UlteriorModem
x3

Post by UlteriorModem » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 21:30

Good profits to you indeed! 8)

DeathVark
x3

Re: Xenon Invasion Mission Success

Post by DeathVark » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 21:58

Bothersome wrote:Here is a screen shot from my last Xenon Invasion from yesterday.

What do you think?

[ external image ]
What combat ramk are you?

Kor'ah
x4

Post by Kor'ah » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 22:22

Looks like 1-2 ranks above "crusader". I'm crusader currently in my game and got paid 31M+10xGPPC+LX for doing one in Getsu Fune with it's extra capital ship.
[X3] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots
[X3T] Guide to training CAG and CLS1&2 pilots in Terran Conflict

The mercenary code
There is no right or wrong.
There is no good or evil.
There is only the will of the client, and how much they're paying.

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 23:20

99 invadors? Do you really need to kill that many in X3? in X2 it used to be 1-2 cap ships and you are done. If so, I like X3 sooo much better!

iks3

Post by iks3 » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 23:41

DeathVark wrote:99 invadors? Do you really need to kill that many in X3? in X2 it used to be 1-2 cap ships and you are done. If so, I like X3 sooo much better!
It depends on your combat rank.

The forum-search should provide you further datails.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 14. Jul 08, 23:52

Bothersome wrote:Here is a screen shot from my last Xenon Invasion from yesterday.

What do you think?
Nice :)

I tried chasing down the Xenon cap ships in the Xenon sector, for the first time today (also happens to be first XI since reaching Overlord).

Now that's what I call a payout :D

[ external image ]

Tim

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 00:03

DeathVark wrote:99 invadors? Do you really need to kill that many in X3? in X2 it used to be 1-2 cap ships and you are done. If so, I like X3 sooo much better!
Missions that include Jumping J's, i.e., J's that jump in to the sector, drop a load of fighters and jump back out, will have ~100 fighters max per J, in addition to the dozen or so fighters that accompany the K initially. If you let a J keep jumping in until it's made 10 or so jumps, depositing 10 fighters or so each time, you or the NPC's will need to kill all those fighters in addition to the capital ships before the mission is complete. A 2-J mission will have over 200 fighters plus the cap ships to kill.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 00:05

Bothersome wrote:What do you think?
Not bad. Not bad at all. :thumb_up:

Couple (dozen) more like that and then Uncle Thuruk will ask you make some extra dead robots:
[ external image ]
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 00:15

378!?!? Jeez. How long did that take?

:)

Tim

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 00:27

Couple hours, maybe. Mostly waiting for the next wave to arrive. 8*BFAA turret is deadly to fighters.

But if you bring in some friends, the "helpers" may "steal" even less kills:
[ external image ]
(But note that some kills count more than others ...)

Edit: That is good about the XI. While its predictability becomes eventually quite boring, it is relatively "safe" testing ground for different ships and tactics. You won't face 50 missile spamming L and 10 fully shielded K simultaneously, unlike in Xenon Taxi. You know what you will face, and you can decide when to fight.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 00:57

You can still just kill the capitals if you want - destroyed Js have difficulty in dropping off new fighter wings :p.

[ external image ]
(that included a few fighters, iirc)

Of course, you're not maximising your cash, rep, or rank gain.

DeathVark
x3

Post by DeathVark » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 18:42

nice!

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 05:51

DeathVark wrote: What combat ramk are you?
Sorry for not paying more attention to my own thread. :)

I didn't answer last night because I actually didn't know. This morning I loaded and checked. I am at Battlemaster.

It appears that some of the other players have mastered this XI mission thingy pretty good. :)
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 07:35

Not mastered, just have spent a bit more time on them.

99 kills for 28.045.584 credits. That was 1 K, 2 J, 73 L, and 23 M, was't it? And if there were 2 J, then the maximum possible number of targets could have been above 200.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 12:42

Yes, it was two Js. But when they jump in right in front of you, ya just can't help but blast em while you can. :)

I figured there'd be more XI to come anyway.

Lately, I've been busy securing my complexes to be more self sustaining now that I don't need the money so quickly anymore. This in turn allows me to have much less ships in space all the time.

Then in the other thread somewhere on this board I collected some time data about how long it takes to charge a 1x10G shield from 0. 9 minutes and 26 seconds. I have yet to time the Python at 8x1G. But I do know it's a hella lot slower.

Because the Phoenix can charge its shields so fast, it pretty much can rule the sector it's in. I'm gonna do some OOS battle testing with it shortly.

I've noticed there are some pretty serious bugs still in the game with the Phoenix. Once, I couldn't undock from HQ without suicide. Even the AI couldn't do it. Had to swap into another ship, leave the sector and then tell the Phoenix to undock and float.

The game I'm in was not started as a play-all game, but one geared for making money fastest. I know now for a long term game you want to save the over tunings for the Phoenix. It can be most deadly if it had speed and good turning.

The rapid shield recharge is just another bug the developers couldn't find the time to fine cause they aren't allowed to play this game. They would notice a lot of these bugs if they'd eat their own dog food.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 14:12

Bothersome wrote:Then in the other thread somewhere on this board I collected some time data about how long it takes to charge a 1x10G shield from 0. 9 minutes and 26 seconds. I have yet to time the Python at 8x1G. But I do know it's a hella lot slower.
This ancient thread in the deep catacombs of the Forum might be of interest to you.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 16:35

Bothersome wrote:Because the Phoenix can charge its shields so fast, it pretty much can rule the sector it's in. I'm gonna do some OOS battle testing with it shortly.
Not really.

Any capital ship is pretty much immune to anything but other capital ships, and the shield regen is not usually relevant - a few rounds of OOS GPPC fire will kill any of them.
The rapid shield recharge is just another bug the developers couldn't find the time to fine cause they aren't allowed to play this game. They would notice a lot of these bugs if they'd eat their own dog food.
I always thought the rapid recharge was deliberate, but I'm sure the developers would appreciate your constructive criticism.

Bothersome
x3tc

Post by Bothersome » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 17:56

Yes Carlo, I'd like to revise my statement. Something like this:

The Phoenix shield recharge rate is the only capital ship with the proper recharge rate. All the other capital ships are the ones that are bugged to slow as hell. If the developers would play this game, they realize it. :D

added:

That was a most interesting read jlehtone, thanks.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 16. Jul 08, 18:34

Bothersome wrote:The Phoenix shield recharge rate is the only capital ship with the proper recharge rate. All the other capital ships are the ones that are bugged to slow as hell. If the developers would play this game, they realize it. :D
Well,

* The slow rate of 1 GJ shields lets AI fighters wear you out, preventing unstoppable continuous rampage. Or it would stop, if the poor fellas could hit you when you fly like a human, or look like collision to be avoided.

* The slow rate allows you play a lone hero in your fighter: good gameplay, although "unrealistic".

* The slow rate does not really slow you down, most of the time.

* And the rate of Phoenix, is about the only asset of that vechile.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”